Darkzero3802

24hrs Later Riot Already Dead

On 6/14/2019 at 10:19 PM, foscor77 said:

Where are my racing districts

wouldn't that be a "to be continued"

hopefully because i want racing too.

19 hours ago, Kevkof said:

You can group up (unless you're hoping for cross faction groups). Best way is to group up before joining riot and then group joining. After the end of the round the groupleader can press 'Y' to go to the next round (when prompted to do so).

It starts at 12 people, not 16. But they have to be in the district, not still loading into it. So still not optimal, it's better than you're portraying it to be

it starts at 16. Ive been in 20 matches so far and the countdown timer hasnt started with any less theh 16 ppl loaded into the dist. and yes im referring to cross faction as riot tech has no factions its groups of 4 survivors and random ppl are grouped together unless ur a premade. When ur randomly grouped u can be from diff factions so I dont see the reason why cross faction groups cant be formed for riot only.

you can literally never even get a 4v4 mission anymore the servers are so empty, as if this mode is anything but a joke.

7 hours ago, toodamnmuch said:

you can literally never even get a 4v4 mission anymore the servers are so empty, as if this mode is anything but a joke.

if there were no premades it would be a 4v4v4v4. Not sure where 4v4 would ever come into play in a dist where its impossible to start with any less then 16 players.

11 hours ago, Darkzero3802 said:

if there were no premades it would be a 4v4v4v4. Not sure where 4v4 would ever come into play in a dist where its impossible to start with any less then 16 players.

are you really as dumb as you think you are? it should NEVER be hard to at least get a 4v4 going, this is pathetic.

Very bad news if RIOT is already failing.  I was never interested in the mode, which seems to be the general consensus of APB players.  Maybe they were hoping a new crowd would join the game?  However, with so much development time being put into RIOT for it to be so incredibly underwhelming, you have to wonder how much more effort LO will put into the game.

I do question why they did not focus solely on the engine upgrade and fixing the core game.  I don't think they quite understand what APB players want.  Bringing in new players will only be successful if they win back the core players that spread positive word of mouth.

At this point, I think they should just let current APB run dry and work on APB 2.0.  Start a kickstarter even, just don't sell out to Epic.

8 minutes ago, mynd said:

Very bad news if RIOT is already failing.  I was never interested in the mode, which seems to be the general consensus of APB players.  Maybe they were hoping a new crowd would join the game?  However, with so much development time being put into RIOT for it to be so incredibly underwhelming, you have to wonder how much more effort LO will put into the game.

I do question why they did not focus solely on the engine upgrade and fixing the core game.  I don't think they quite understand what APB players want.  Bringing in new players will only be successful if they win back the core players that spread positive word of mouth.

At this point, I think they should just let current APB run dry and work on APB 2.0.  Start a kickstarter even, just don't sell out to Epic.

They way the SPCT folks were posting it did seem like the goal was to attract new players. However they aren't going to win anyone over if the existing ones are grabbing their torches at the mere mention of RIOT. 

...and honestly the influx of cash they'd get from a deal with EPIC would probably help save the game if anything. If they could strike a deal it'd probably be beneficial to them despite the inherent negative view some gamers have. There's a significant customer base on EPIC's store that won't give a rats patootie that there's a controversy. 

Have a look at Dauntless. The game was lamenting in development hell. Money was tight, time was running out, and there weren't a lot of people left on the project. EPIC shows up and bam - suddenly tons of new things thanks to them throwing money at them. Plus a huge increase in players due to the increased visibility and ease of access through the launcher.

Not saying it's all good, I'm just saying it isn't all bad. IF they could ever somehow manage to secure something quite so lucrative that is. APB is in a horrid state. The playerbase has all but up and left. The remaining ones are at LO throat after RIOT. Yet I suppose it would look good to have a solid shooter running UE4... assuming they can get that finished. Which is looking a tad bleak given their inability to even get the UE3.5 upgrade out the door (not saying they are bad, just being brutally honest about the current perceived state of things here). 

I don't know. Something unexpected needs to happen to save this game. RIOT wasn't it. Their attempts at balance changes prior to this definitely weren't. A new anti-cheat isn't changing much. Then in general I'm just not sure why they insist so heavily on fighting the community. It just doesn't add up. They talk a lot, listen, and they still go do the opposite after all that. 

Honestly, was this a surprise? 

Most of us are waiting for the EU for which we'll start playing again only to find out the game still runs like dogshit and we'll just quit again. 

Vicious cycle of a Dedgaem :^) 

• Like 1

On 6/20/2019 at 4:35 AM, toodamnmuch said:

are you really as dumb as you think you are? it should NEVER be hard to at least get a 4v4 going, this is pathetic.

Do you not know the requirement to start Riot? The riot district rerquires 16 players to be loaded in dist before it will start, 8 players wont start a riot match hence forth it is impossible to do a 4v4.

Merged.

Hey @MattScott are you guys even trying to correct Riot in a timely manor or are you just going to wait till its too late like last time? Halloween died out cause it required too many ppl to start and most never got a fair chance at it due to that. Riot is the same way right now so you guys need to bring in a lower requirement now not in afew weeks with a reg sched maint.

On 6/20/2019 at 12:00 AM, Genobee said:

...and honestly the influx of cash they'd get from a deal with EPIC would probably help save the game if anything. If they could strike a deal it'd probably be beneficial to them despite the inherent negative view some gamers have.

Actually yeah, that's a great idea, because I could finally let go of APB forever if they made that move 😛 I cannot stand EPIC and anything they're doing, fracturing the PC market by throwing Fortnite money at it.  Won't support.  If APB continues to update and load from its own launcher too then maybe.

Aside from my personal convictions, you're right, it could possibly save the game if LO needs the help.

Holy dog shit who would have guess a game mode no one wanted died in 24hrs.... Again LO FIX THE GAME stop trying to cash in on a mode no one wanted stop trying to cash in on weapons like MoneyFirst did you want this game to be the GOAT comeback story Fix the god damn game PERIOD no more to discuss nothing you say will matter the only thing is that you FIX THE GAME..

PERIOD

END OF LINE

----------------------

LINE ENDS HERE.

1 hour ago, mynd said:

Actually yeah, that's a great idea, because I could finally let go of APB forever if they made that move 😛 I cannot stand EPIC and anything they're doing, fracturing the PC market by throwing Fortnite money at it.  Won't support.  If APB continues to update and load from its own launcher too then maybe.

Aside from my personal convictions, you're right, it could possibly save the game if LO needs the help.

i’m not super invested in this but how is epic attempting to create a competitive environment around game distribution a bad thing?

2 hours ago, Infamy said:

Holy dog shit who would have guess a game mode no one wanted died in 24hrs.... Again LO FIX THE GAME stop trying to cash in on a mode no one wanted stop trying to cash in on weapons like MoneyFirst did you want this game to be the GOAT comeback story Fix the god damn game PERIOD no more to discuss nothing you say will matter the only thing is that you FIX THE GAME..

PERIOD

END OF LINE

----------------------

LINE ENDS HERE.

Go here to see what Matt said 

Its experience for the dev team with the game code and we cant knock them, too hard on that. However they def can improve on the mode so it offers more.

8 hours ago, Glaciers said:

i’m not super invested in this but how is epic attempting to create a competitive environment around game distribution a bad thing?

They're not creating a competitive environment around game distribution, they're buying exclusivity to third-party titles to force players onto their inferior platform.  This is heavily anti-consumer by limiting consumer choice.  True competition is offering a better choice over the competition, not strong-arming them onto your platform.

Real competition spurs innovation and benefits the consumer.  Tell me how anything EPIC has done is consumer friendly?  They literally don't care about pissing consumers off, even over crowd-funded games that wouldn't exist because of consumers, consumers who expected said games to be launched on Steam as promised.

10 hours ago, mynd said:

They're not creating a competitive environment around game distribution, they're buying exclusivity to third-party titles to force players onto their inferior platform.  This is heavily anti-consumer by limiting consumer choice.  True competition is offering a better choice over the competition, not strong-arming them onto your platform.

Real competition spurs innovation and benefits the consumer.  Tell me how anything EPIC has done is consumer friendly?  They literally don't care about pissing consumers off, even over crowd-funded games that wouldn't exist because of consumers, consumers who expected said games to be launched on Steam as promised.

I dont understand how this has anything to do with APB or Riot since they dont own either one.

On 6/19/2019 at 1:01 AM, toodamnmuch said:

Ive had plenty of 4 vs 4 missions. recently.

What time zone do you live in?

On 6/19/2019 at 9:00 PM, Genobee said:

get from a deal with EPIC would probably help save the game if anything

no then all power would be lost to EPIC  just as when G1 did this and then consoles existed half assed and pc was neglected completely.

NO THANK YOU NOT AGAIN

I find it funny that alota ppl wana get the skin yet none of them que for riot. If you want the skin that badly all of you que for riot and youd have matches running. Otherwise stop complaining, if you dont que you cant complain about not getting the skin cause your not TRYING.

2 hours ago, Darkzero3802 said:

I dont understand how this has anything to do with APB or Riot since they dont own either one.

I don't understand why you chose to chime in on this without paying attention to the context.  Scroll up for some clarity on how this tangent started and why.

1 minute ago, mynd said:

I don't understand why you chose to chime in on this without paying attention to the context.  Scroll up for some clarity on how this tangent started and why.

I know exactly how it started. But the fact is that if you want the skin ull que and try to play it. Alota ppl complain about it yet they dont que and try. If these ppl did so riot would have more games played daily overall. It wouldnt fix the issue overall but it would be better then it is now.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Darkzero3802 said:

I know exactly how it started. But the fact is that if you want the skin ull que and try to play it. Alota ppl complain about it yet they dont que and try. If these ppl did so riot would have more games played daily overall. It wouldnt fix the issue overall but it would be better then it is now.

I personally was only commenting on how it was sad to see that RIOT mode wasn't going well.  I responded to Genobee and one other guy that quoted me and that's all I was here for.  I think I understand that you took it as part of a bigger conversation going on, which I have nothing to do with.  I don't care about the skin or anything else to do with RIOT mode.

Sorry for being snippy though 😛 😄 

LO is slowly transforming into G1:

vlg0VMr.gif

That's all it takes.

6 hours ago, Thial said:

LO is slowly transforming into G1:

vlg0VMr.gif

That's all it takes.

Seems like it. Or did they give tiggs a bigger role then a simple trainer?

2 hours ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Seems like it. Or did they give tiggs a bigger role then a simple trainer?

lol... luckily Tiggs moved on like a year ago

2 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

lol... luckily Tiggs moved on like a year ago

Tiggs was kept on to train others

Just now, Darkzero3802 said:

Tiggs was kept on to train others

Yep, and left in like June or July of last year.