Darkzero3802

24hrs Later Riot Already Dead

13 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

that was the overkill servers iirc

I still think they can do better server and isp wise. But optimization is also a big thing

On 6/15/2019 at 2:45 PM, Talla said:

Indeed. New contacts would have been a safe bet.

No, it would be a terrible bet. Do you know how many hours you need to grind the same missions over and over again to gain contact levels? All for some stupid mods and titles that dont bring anything new to the game. You also realize that new contacts only cater to vets, as they are the only ones who have maxed everyone out. Even I havent maxed out contacts becuse its so boring. It doesnt help majority of the player base.

Plz dont do contacts, they dont add anything fun or useful to the game. New missions that are fun to play should be the main content the team should be looking at. Perhaps even changing current missions so they arent so annoying and rage inducing. Spawns and time to spawn should also be looked into. And a million other problems everyone keeps mentioning the game has. LO could also put a little bit of effort and perhaps bring a mid lvl contact that offers new, unique missions and new weapon and vehicle rewards. Not mods and title garbage like the previous team did. Id be into that.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, killerskull said:

No, it would be a terrible bet. Do you know how many hours you need to grind the same missions over and over again to gain contact levels? All for some stupid mods and titles that dont bring anything new to the game. You also realize that new contacts only cater to vets, as they are the only ones who have maxed everyone out. Even I havent maxed out contacts becuse its so boring. It doesnt help majority of the player base.

Plz dont do contacts, they dont add anything fun or useful to the game. New missions that are fun to play should be the main content the team should be looking at. Perhaps even changing current missions so they arent so annoying and rage inducing. Spawns and time to spawn should also be looked into. And a million other problems everyone keeps mentioning the game has. LO could also put a little bit of effort and perhaps bring a mid lvl contact that offers new, unique missions and new weapon and vehicle rewards. Not mods and title garbage like the previous team did. Id be into that.

Lets not forget a lvl cap increase. Lets be honest here while a mid contact would be great anyone left is a vet and a new contact to bring the cap to lets say 275 would be nice.

35 minutes ago, killerskull said:

APB has no new players and if it does they just get put against trash veterans farming bronze district so they end up rage quitting.

6 minutes ago, Signarly said:

APB has no new players and if it does they just get put against trash veterans farming bronze district so they end up rage quitting.

It has. Played few matches, seen many new silver players. Too bad they must fight old golds

4 hours ago, wHisHi said:

It has. Played few matches, seen many new silver players. Too bad they must fight old golds

Not half as many as there could and should be. At the end of the day pop is still decreasing faster then new ppl are joining and the failed Riot didnt change that.

A game mode 0 (zero) people asked for is dead, wow, what a shocker lmao

On 6/14/2019 at 1:19 PM, Talla said:

This new mode isn't the main dish we were waiting for. Everybody seems to agree on that.
Still, from a developer perspective, making a new feature with the tools already available at your disposal is a great way to get familiar with the codebase.

This is a necessary step that will increase the pace of meaningful updates. Now, let's just hope the focus will align with the community needs.

This is exactly why even RP was doing things that the community didn't like, but were out of the norm. Best way to learn the code you are trying to unravel, is to use it in a practical way.

But this community continues to be garbage, because they can't see for the forest for the trees.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nymphi--DoubleDee said:

But this community continues to be garbage, because they can't see for the forest for the trees.

Yes, it is not surprising, ok a little because I really thought RIOT would get a better reception, but anyway it is not surprising that the community's current rally crying is "RIOT is trash!" when barely a week before it's cry was "WHERE IS RIOT?"

But also, what if we let people level Contacts in any District? This should certainly help those lower/newer players progress quicker.

9 minutes ago, KnifuWaifu said:

Yes, it is not surprising, ok a little because I really thought RIOT would get a better reception, but anyway it is not surprising that the community's current rally crying is "RIOT is trash!" when barely a week before it's cry was "WHERE IS RIOT?"

im pretty sure a large portion of the community called riot as a br (before it was announced even) and was against it 

for me a lot of the "where is riot" stuff was more about orbit keeping the schedule they set rather than actually looking forward to the new mode

Getting this same error....

1 hour ago, Glaciers said:

im pretty sure a large portion of the community called riot as a br (before it was announced even) and was against it 

for me a lot of the "where is riot" stuff was more about orbit keeping the schedule they set rather than actually looking forward to the new mode

Yea, I think part of it was how RP was selling it as a B.R. before they stopped their version of it.
I honestly enjoyed the 1 round of it that I got even, even with some randoms, but it's sad to see it's impossible to get another game in now to see more into the mode.

By biggest fear was sort-of met, with the lack of players needed to keep the mode on-going. I think part of this may be the lack of advertising and potential reliance of word-of-mouth played part of this. (Note: I haven't had enough experience to fully say how the mode is.)

I'm hoping once this engine update comes, they can get more players back. 

I understand the issue in, which is something we endlessly discussed back in RP's SPCT, how there's a bad loop of what's needed. We need the new engine so that the game can be updated and have better back-end support. However we also need content to keep players around and playing. YET, to add new content, the back-end tools are needed to make actually making the new content easier (we've been told how difficult their custom-prototype of UE3 is.)

"Updating this game is like trying to build a house of cards with a brick" -Jotunblut (Not-Exact quopte.)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Not half as many as there could and should be. At the end of the day pop is still decreasing faster then new ppl are joining and the failed Riot didnt change that.

Old players should play regularly, not new players coming in every week. "Could and should be" is not possible without EU

the riot is being tested . riot  can not have a huge impact on the population of players in principle .

Edited by Yood

On 6/15/2019 at 5:18 AM, Darkzero3802 said:

Riot has only been out 24hrs or so and its already been abandoned in Jericho. Way to go LO really made something well received that will last. The extremely high threshold to start the mode was quite smart given the extremely low pop the game has especially in Jericho. The mode should have a threshold of 6 to start up not what it currently has as nobody is going to wait hrs at a time for enough ppl for a round to start and I could have sworn this was the same issue that we had in a prev event. FC started up in Jericho if that means anything so you guys need to rework Riot before season 1 if its going to mean anything at all.

It's no surprise considering the state the game is in now, So it was good while it lasted (Even though i haven't touched APB in almost 2 months).

12 hours ago, killerskull said:

In my view, there are only vets left, so it’s better to keep this population trying to not make going negative until new engine instead of making trash coded boring events on the current build. There’re a lot of simple things they could do to please vets and not make them leaving the game

37 minutes ago, Lign said:

There’re a lot of simple things they could do to please vets and not make them leaving the game

what can you offer ?

1 hour ago, Yood said:

what can you offer ?

Rebalance stuff, fixing ui disappearing and radar tower bugs that they gave us with their trash events patches, removing vip stages etc. there are even more, just lurk the forums. The only thing they did good with the last patch is faster cd for non premium players

Edited by Lign

3 minutes ago, Lign said:

Rebalance stuff, fixing ui disappearing and radar tower bugs that they gave us with their trash events patches, removing vip stages etc. there are even more, just lurk the forums. The only thing they did good with the last patch is faster cd for non premium players

rebalance of the things that you specifically do not like ? radar errors - what exactly are you not satisfied with ? I only know one radar problem . deletion stage the VIP - I can not agree . 

we're talking about the mode RIOT ? this is a test mode , all your comments are scanned , analyzed and corrected .

Edited by Yood

7 hours ago, Lign said:

In my view, there are only vets left, so it’s better to keep this population trying to not make going negative until new engine instead of making trash coded boring events on the current build. There’re a lot of simple things they could do to please vets and not make them leaving the game

What I have suggested at the end of my post caters to both newbs and vets. Its because the new contact wont be a lvl 235+ or whatever the max rank atm is. I havent given it much thought on how they will implement a new contact that is a mid tier without screwing the standing level. But I think thats the best way to implement new missions, weapons, vehicles and so on and making it accessible to everyone. Its a medium amount of grind for new players to get to mid tier and for vets they can directly jump on the new contact. 

2 hours ago, toodamnmuch said:

in reponse to the OP: told you so.

and no, i don't ever get sick of saying that.

You told me nothing weve never spoken. And I called that as well when they announced testing in otw

yes i did, i called it as usual that this is the way it would go, you probably just don't read the steam forums.

On 6/18/2019 at 2:40 AM, toodamnmuch said:

yes i did, i called it as usual that this is the way it would go, you probably just don't read the steam forums.

Im mainly a lurker. As far as steam forum goes its rare im there

Merged.

Heres a suggestion @MattScott, if your guna keep riot mode you might want to allow crims and enf to group up this way friends can play with eachother. And lets reduce the requirement for the mode from 16 down to 8 this way the mode can actually be played  and make lvling the contact easier so this way the 1 or 2 riot games you can play a day actually mean something. As it stands right now Riot means nothing.

12 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Heres a suggestion @MattScott, if your guna keep riot mode you might want to allow crims and enf to group up this way friends can play with eachother. And lets reduce the requirement for the mode from 16 down to 8 this way the mode can actually be played  and make lvling the contact easier so this way the 1 or 2 riot games you can play a day actually mean something. As it stands right now Riot means nothing.

You can group up (unless you're hoping for cross faction groups). Best way is to group up before joining riot and then group joining. After the end of the round the groupleader can press 'Y' to go to the next round (when prompted to do so).

It starts at 12 people, not 16. But they have to be in the district, not still loading into it. So still not optimal, it's better than you're portraying it to be

Edited by Kevkof