Darkzero3802

24hrs Later Riot Already Dead

40 minutes ago, Akimov said:

I still don't understand why did they decide to push new content, instead of releasing the engine update first. Besides, you can't just release new content with such a low playerbase. The smart thing to do, would be to release the update first. And then, some good marketing to attract new players. That's when you release a new game mode, not before. But the damage has been done.

First before attracting new players they would need to do something witht them being farmed in bronze or stucked in empty green without any idea about other districts.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Talla said:

This new mode isn't the main dish we were waiting for. Everybody seems to agree on that.
Still, from a developer perspective, making a new feature with the tools already available at your disposal is a great way to get familiar with the codebase.

This is a necessary step that will increase the pace of meaningful updates. Now, let's just hope the focus will align with the community needs.

Yes and no. Spending a year(?) on content the playerbase has been vocal about disliking was risky. Making a BR was risky - especially off a different type of game. All of that was a VERY ballsy move on their part. One I frankly haven't expected to pan out but did admire the willingness to at least try it regardless.

That said there have been plenty of signs and chances for them to go in a different direction. All the warnings were there clear as day yet they forged ahead. I'm not very happy about that. It just doesn't make sense to me. It wasn't going to be a moneymaker from the start so.. why?

• Like 2

@MattScottdid you really believe that garbage mode was a good idea. Didn’t none from the team have a thought that it’s gonna be a total fail while creating the mode?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Devil17 said:

Not only the game mode is "bad" and no one asked for it.

But there is no point of playing Riot while the contact grinding is so high and you can max the Riot roles in a couple of games...

No, stop. The only thing we need now is that you get max rank in less than a week...

27 minutes ago, Lign said:

@MattScottdid you really believe that garbage mode was a good idea. Didn’t none from the team have a thought that it’s gonna be a total fail while creating the mode?

You know the answer.

And even riot tittle design does not follow apb scheme, its like apb been completly butchered in all levels by now.

Edited by BlueB
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, BlueB said:

No, stop. The only thing we need now is that you get max rank in less than a week...

You know the answer.

And even riot tittle design does not follow apb scheme, its like apb been completly butchered in all levels by now.

I mean the ROLE should have more ranks.

Season 0 has 5 ranks, each one give you JT, and I got the maximum rank after only 3 games. There is no point for me to keep playing riot, only to get the skin and finish the achivements... 

2 minutes ago, Devil17 said:

I mean the ROLE should have more ranks.

Season 0 has 5 ranks, each one give you JT, and I got the maximum rank after only 3 games. There is no point for me to keep playing riot, only to get the skin and finish the achivements... 

Do you even play games to have fun or just to get a few things and then quit?

21 hours ago, iMiss said:

Is anyone even surprised at this? to be fair though, they were probably just finishing up the work g1 had started. (remember when tiggs was showing off the fact they had made closing zones for it?)

Anyway, yeah; no one asked for riot or an APB:BR, yet we got one pushed infront of the engine. Yet the whole community has been simultaneously begging for the engine since forever, see where i'm going with this?

36 minutes ago, BlueB said:

Do you realize that we are talking about RIOT or you don't?

43 minutes ago, BlueB said:

the grind is the fun for a lot of people, so no grind means no fun

Heres another fun fact about riot, any kills you get in the mode dont count towards your weapon rolls for the weapon you have.

2 hours ago, Genobee said:

That said there have been plenty of signs and chances for them to go in a different direction. All the warnings were there clear as day yet they forged ahead. I'm not very happy about that. It just doesn't make sense to me. It wasn't going to be a moneymaker from the start so.. why?

Indeed. New contacts would have been a safe bet.
Still, APB is starving for fixes & new content of any kind, so I can't really complain they try to salvage G1's project while 3.5 integration is getting done.

Really bad analogy:
Let's say you buy someone's house while they're in the middle of making a carrot cake.
The cake is almost done, just need to add the icing.
Everybody coming to your housewarming party said they dislike carrot cake.

Do you:

1. Throw away the cake?
  2. Try to tweak the cake so it looks like a chocolate cake? Everybody likes chocolate cake these days!
  3. Complete the carrot cake and hope that someone will want to eat it?
  4. Put the half-done cake in the fridge and try to finish it someday, hopefully? (It might not be edible when you come back)
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Talla said:

Really bad analogy:
Let's say you buy someone's house while they're in the middle of making a carrot cake.

Do you:

1. Throw away the cake?
  2. Try to tweak the cake so it looks like a chocolate cake? Everybody likes chocolate cake these days!
  4. Put the half-done cake in the fridge and try to finish it someday, hopefully? (It might not be edible when you come back)

You make another cake or buy one that they want. I hear red velvet is the shiz these days

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Talla said:

Really bad analogy:

Do you:

1. Throw away the cake?

you’re right that was a bad analogy

right now LO should fix latency issues instead of riot stuff..

15 minutes ago, Uhtdred said:

right now LO should fix latency issues instead of riot stuff..

The issue is that the current servers are struggling to handle APB. They struggled before riot and now they are struggling even more. The only way to really resolve it is to get new servers that can handle it all.

17 hours ago, Darkzero3802 said:

The issue is that the current servers are struggling to handle APB. They struggled before riot and now they are struggling even more. The only way to really resolve it is to get new servers that can handle it all.

Hasnt this been the case for ever? Since when G1 took over back in 2011 the servers have been constantly in the same situation. They reduced the amount of player per district thinking this would fix things but not much changed. @MattScott why dont you just get shit hot servers? Will that actually fix the issue?

Edited by Seedy

At least it's new content after I don't even know how many years.. I see this a proof that LO wants to keep investing in APB for at least a little while longer.

3 hours ago, Eisena said:

At least it's new content after I don't even know how many years.. I see this a proof that LO wants to keep investing in APB for at least a little while longer.

Yea I think they are looking for the long game here. Probably would be a good idea to ask the paying customers what they would like in the game though.

14 minutes ago, Seedy said:

Yea I think they are looking for the long game here. Probably would be a good idea to ask the paying customers what they would like in the game though.

actually game developers make the game they want, its up to you if you want to play it or not.

i'm not saying riot is good tho xD tbh i was expecting my toon jumping from a flying dumpster truck... that would have been so kool.

Edited by NyanPowa

31 minutes ago, NyanPowa said:

actually game developers make the game they want, its up to you if you want to play it or not.

i'm not saying riot is good tho xD tbh i was expecting my toon jumping from a flying dumpster truck... that would have been so kool.

your preaching to the converted m8. I have published games 🙂

5 hours ago, Seedy said:

Hasnt this been the case for ever? Since when G1 took over back in 2011 the servers have been constantly in the same situation. They reduced the amount of player per district thinking this would fix things but not much changed. @MattScott why dont you just get shit hot servers? Will that actually fix the issue?

Yes it has been and Matt hasnt had any thoughts of getting new servers that can handle the game. He can make a new engine all he wants its guna run poorly if the servers cant handle whats already there.

4 hours ago, Eisena said:

Yes its new content but they could have done better with it then what we have currently

Edited by Darkzero3802

36 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Yes it has been and Matt hasnt had any thoughts of getting new servers that can handle the game. He can make a new engine all he wants its guna run poorly if the servers cant handle whats already there.

at this point we’ve been through almost half a dozen server solutions and none of them have shown much promise, i think it’s safe to say that there’s something else behind the scenes that causes this poor performance 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

at this point we’ve been through almost half a dozen server solutions and none of them have shown much promise, i think it’s safe to say that there’s something else behind the scenes that causes this poor performance 

I dont recall them ever using the buy new state of the art servers option

Just now, Darkzero3802 said:

I dont recall them ever using the buy new state of the art servers option

that was the overkill servers iirc

Tbh i was expecting to see 50 vs 50 dist. RIOT~ enfo vs crims ... Big map FC. I hate to be bound to small groups of random players.