Darkzero3802

24hrs Later Riot Already Dead

Riot has only been out 24hrs or so and its already been abandoned in Jericho. Way to go LO really made something well received that will last. The extremely high threshold to start the mode was quite smart given the extremely low pop the game has especially in Jericho. The mode should have a threshold of 6 to start up not what it currently has as nobody is going to wait hrs at a time for enough ppl for a round to start and I could have sworn this was the same issue that we had in a prev event. FC started up in Jericho if that means anything so you guys need to rework Riot before season 1 if its going to mean anything at all.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

who would’ve thought that the mode a majority of the community dislikes would empty out

good luck luring in “new players” with a br when the districts are so empty that matches don’t start 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

who would’ve thought that the mode a majority of the community dislikes would empty out

good luck luring in “new players” with a br when the districts are so empty that matches don’t start 

Exactly. Gl getting season rewards and the weapon skin (current) when you cant advance your contact. Riot needs a serious rework if its to be anything and @MattScott needs to do that now not in a month or 2.

Not only the game mode is "bad" and no one asked for it.

But there is no point of playing Riot while the contact grinding is so high and you can max the Riot roles in a couple of games...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Died quicker than I thought. Assumed it would last at least a few days before being ditched.

Is anyone even surprised at this? to be fair though, they were probably just finishing up the work g1 had started. (remember when tiggs was showing off the fact they had made closing zones for it?)

Anyway, yeah; no one asked for riot or an APB:BR, yet we got one pushed infront of the engine. Yet the whole community has been simultaneously begging for the engine since forever, see where i'm going with this?

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Devil17 said:

Not only the game mode is "bad" and no one asked for it.

But there is no point of playing Riot while the contact grinding is so high and you can max the Riot roles in a couple of games...

Its not that easy to rise the contact to max. If you have bad teammates or AFKs (or in my case get a team of yourself only) your not advancing anything.

Just now, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Died quicker than I thought. Assumed it would last at least a few days before being ditched.

Nope. LO made the same mistake they did with halloween in which you need this absurdly high dist pop in order for the game to start. It was brought up by the community and Matt even admitted back then it needed to be lowered, yet here we are further down the road and the same mistake was made. LO either didnt listen to us, failed to learn from the prior mistake or both.

riot bad... no one asked for it... makes the zone it was based on look weird, at minimum change the house not just the wall paper....

Jericho gets players only on NA prime time. Also only engine upgrade will bring more players not riot for now, as It current state it's boring, not to mention the bugs...

most people have increased latency right now on jericho, they would rather play in citadell than jericho right now.

I have 75 more ms than usual, UNPLAYABLE.

Edited by Uhtdred

1 minute ago, Uhtdred said:

most people have increased latency right now on jericho, they would rather play in citadell than jericho right now.

I have 75 more ms than usual, UNPLAYABLE.

My increase really isnt that major, yea the servers struggling more then before but it seems like it might also be pc based not just server.

2 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

My increase really isnt that major, yea the servers struggling more then before but it seems like it might also be pc based not just server.

it isn't PC based because i'm playing fornite, apex and paladins all with the best latency posible..

This new mode isn't the main dish we were waiting for. Everybody seems to agree on that.
Still, from a developer perspective, making a new feature with the tools already available at your disposal is a great way to get familiar with the codebase.

This is a necessary step that will increase the pace of meaningful updates. Now, let's just hope the focus will align with the community needs.

Edited by Talla
  • Like 4

Yep, waiting for a match in Citadel now.

Really thought I'd get to give it a try for more than one day, but oh well. I can't say I'm that surprised.

2 minutes ago, MrChan said:

I can't say I'm that surprised.

this isn't a problem on Citadel tho.

19 minutes ago, Uhtdred said:

it isn't PC based because i'm playing fornite, apex and paladins all with the best latency posible..

Its mainly the server but it also has alittle to do with ur pc and net. If it didnt wed all have the same latency issue. My latency really hasnt changed that much so that means theres more to it.

14 minutes ago, Talla said:

This new mode isn't the main dish we were waiting for. Everybody seems to agree on that.
Still, from a developer perspective, making a new feature with the tools already available at your disposal is a great way to get familiar with the codebase.

This is a necessary step that will increase the pace of meaningful updates. Now, let's just hope the focus will align with the community needs.

Riot would have more traction if they didnt make the requirement 16 ppl to start and had offered more rewards at the onset.

• Like 2

Waiting forever for a round to start kills the mode.

The broken spawns and the near useless hazmat suits kill the mode.

"What is missing shots?" golds in premade groups against others (especially silvers & bronzes) kills the mode.

Edited by Glubbable
  • Like 2

This company needs to get used to small things in apb as it seems,

Big updates that nobody from this small population asked for, we been waiting for engine update way too long, and here's what we get instead.

Enjoy.

If I remember correctly RIOT is still in beta testing which is what we are doing now.

1 minute ago, Vnight said:

This company needs to get used to small things in apb as it seems,

Big updates that nobody from this small population asked for, we been waiting for engine update way too long, and here's what we get instead.

Enjoy.

If the company listened to you we'd all be emos lol

4 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

If I remember correctly RIOT is still in beta testing which is what we are doing now.

If the company listened to you we'd all be emos lol

you seem to miss the point, but you are half right.

Besides i'm not sure why would any company listen to anyone... our individual opinions were never meant to be picked out of the pile, its all ppl opinions that gather in a whole that might make a difference.

It was never meant to mean any critical consideration.

A company its responsible for its own decisions that only gets affected perhaps, by everybody, but definitively it never had anything to do with individual opinions.

We can only contribute to the feedback, but never have any subjective relevance about it.

Edited by Vnight

4 hours ago, Vnight said:

you seem to miss the point, but you are half right.

Besides i'm not sure why would any company listen to anyone... our individual opinions were never meant to be picked out of the pile, its all ppl opinions that gather in a whole that might make a difference.

It was never meant to mean any critical consideration.

A company its responsible for its own decisions that only gets affected perhaps, by everybody, but definitively it never had anything to do with individual opinions.

We can only contribute to the feedback, but never have any subjective relevance about it.

The way I see it is even if  RIOT is not big with those of us who have been here  , it may or may not be for those yet to play APB

but either way it adds on more content to APB at least.

But what other things would you guys like to see for new APB modes to play ?

i wouldnt be playing apb if i wanted to do battle royale shit. Where are my racing districts or daily events?!

• Like 3

I still don't understand why did they decide to push new content, instead of releasing the engine update first. Besides, you can't just release new content with such a low playerbase. The smart thing to do, would be to release the update first. And then, some good marketing to attract new players. That's when you release a new game mode, not before. But the damage has been done.

• Like 1