Sign in to follow this  
Arcane

Riot and EAC worth it before 3.5?

Do you think releasing riot and new anti-cheat before engine upgrade was worth it?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think releasing riot and new anti-cheat before engine upgrade was worth it?

• Yes
    • No
    • Neutral
    • Only RIOT
    • Only Easy Anti-Cheat

Considering all the issues on both riot and EAC, do you think it was good idea to release them on current engine? 

Edited by Ruoskat

Riot is in beta so yeah I do think it was a good idea...

regardless of how shit this patch was i imagine it would 100x shittier if the engine upgrade was released at the same time

EAC: yup

RIOT : nope

If you'd do separate polls for EAC and RIOT, you'd probably get a much different result since those happy with the timing of EAC release but not with RIOT will probably get baked into the YES category on this one. Also, it would depend on if they are marketing it now or not. Marketing an unfinished Beta is not a good idea in a F2P model.

Edited by SilverCrow

Positive, Yes.

8 minutes ago, SilverCrow said:

Neutral:

EAC: yup

RIOT : nope

If you'd do separate polls for EAC and RIOT, you'd probably get a much different result since those happy with the timing of EAC release but not with RIOT will probably get baked into the YES category on this one. Also, it would depend on if they are marketing it now or not. Marketing an unfinished Beta is not a good idea in a F2P model.

Thanks for the suggestion, edited now.

• Thanks 1

It's best to get all the broken shit fixed before the real patch that everyone has wanted to see for years comes out.  Imagine the absolute shit show that would have happened if this happened the day of the Engine Upgrade.  Sure we had to wait an extra week to get Riot and EAC, but seeing as how more people care about the EU than Riot it most likely would have been a much bigger backlash.  Plus Riot will probably be more fixed up by the time the EU comes out, so it'll be more attractive to returning and new players than it is to us at the moment.

EAC - yes ; RIOT - no

Riot boost playerbase in 1st 2 days with 100-150 people and now /pop is like before.At least i hope this mode will help in gathering info about future matchmaking like LO said(o dou i dont see how this mode will help)

18 minutes ago, Ruoskat said:

Thanks for the suggestion, edited now.

thanks!

As you can see, it went from about 70% on Yes, down to 37% right away (correct me if I'm wrong). Huge difference 🙂

It'll probably go down a bit more.

Edited by SilverCrow
  • Thanks 1

The ANTI-Cheat is FULL OF FRACKIN BUGS....

i keep getting ERROR CODE  10022 and 0xC0030004

during on-line loading process...

off-line it loads just fine until i go on-line to select a district..then this crap comes up..."EAC SANDBOX NOT ACTIVE(DUMMY CLIENT)"

now LO your dummies alright 4 forcing that crap on us before the ENGINE upgrade.

this has been going on for 5+ hrs now...I did the checklist in the forums and on the ANTI-CREEP website.

now im unable 2 get in the game.

Riot was a bad idea prior and after the 3.5. Damn even after the armageddon wouldn't maky any difference.

Sign in to follow this