Tigrix

Why was Riot....(yes another riot topic^)

@MattScottWhy wasn't RIOT made for solo's firstly ?
Is your game design philosophy around 4man teams in a game with barely 300 active players on?

Your event is cool imo, but destroyed by the fact you refused to listen to all the feedback you received telling you to prevent 4man grouping in RIOT or create separate instances for people that wanna do clan wars.
The gamemode should've imo been firstly for solo's or 2's (each person gets random team mate or the one they join with)
Atm it's unplayable if you don't go as 4 you're at a massive disadvantage.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Tigrix said:

Is your game design philosophy around 4man teams in a game with barely 300 active players on?

Your event is cool imo, but destroyed by the fact you refused to listen to all the feedback you received telling you to prevent 4man grouping in RIOT or create separate instances for people that wanna do clan wars.
The gamemode should've imo been firstly for solo's or 2's (each person gets random team mate or the one they join with)

lazy repost

if

On 4/24/2019 at 5:39 PM, RoseTheGoat said:

-When you are in a group of 2, the game will not add two solo's in the group, and therefore you will only be a group of two in a game full of 4 man teams.

only

On 4/24/2019 at 5:51 PM, Glaciers said:
  1. PUGs vs premades, - playing solo puts you at a huge disadvantage (more than normal apb) 

that

On 4/24/2019 at 6:18 PM, Emcitement said:

* Everyone should have the same size team.

was

On 4/24/2019 at 6:35 PM, Nanometic said:

Suffers from the same issue as action districts, pre-made groups will reign supreme but that's to be expected. 

mentioned

On 4/24/2019 at 6:39 PM, GhosT said:

I might add that with RIOT, a premade group is at an extreme advantage, more so than in regular districts.

during

On 4/24/2019 at 6:48 PM, Snakeyio said:

++ Disable Manual Grouping! no advantages! or make special districts for premade groups.

the

On 4/25/2019 at 4:08 AM, Pufty said:

I could outline the first issue, which is that I am a random. I play solo and my experience strongly varies from those who have friends.

public

On 4/25/2019 at 5:12 AM, I3ox said:

Would you encourage your friends to play RIOT?
Not as a solo player but as a team of 4.

otw

On 4/25/2019 at 12:16 PM, CookiePuss said:

Separate districts for premade groups and solo players.

testing

still no pinned feedback thread btw :^)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm wondering why they even bothered to do OTW tests when they don't listen to feedback at all.

Not to mention saying said feedback was "mostly positive" when it really wasn't.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, GhosT said:

I'm wondering why they even bothered to do OTW tests when they don't listen to feedback at all. Not to mention saying said feedback was "mostly positive" when it really wasn't.

Memories of GamersFirst/Reloaded come flooding back.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tigrix said:

very true point.

4 minutes ago, Yood said:

very true point.

stay off the forums and stay to trollling in fight club via tkin 

They designed it thinking that it's going to make the APB population grow so much, but that's a really risky move, there's a big Market when it comes to Battle Royale games, why would ppl stop playing greater ones to play APB's BR, with bad hit reg, bad game optimization, etc.
RIOT should be a Turf War area control mode. Fits the game way more.

2 hours ago, ZoriaDunne said:

They designed it thinking that it's going to make the APB population grow so much, but that's a really risky move, there's a big Market when it comes to Battle Royale games, why would ppl stop playing greater ones to play APB's BR, with bad hit reg, bad game optimization, etc.
RIOT should be a Turf War area control mode. Fits the game way more.

This  +  This

Give me this: 

Would be way more fun that this shit. 

This is a beta if you kids didnt get it yet.

40 minutes ago, Sentaii said:

Even a beta can let you know if something is going to work or not, Ppl is waiting for the engine upgrade, and LO is wasting time on a game mode barely no one wants.

5 hours ago, Tigrix said:

Couldn't agree more. It's like they made this Specifically for the Gold Lifers. 

If this intended to bring in New players I just can't see it happening. 

3 hours ago, Sentaii said:

oh is that why orbit implemented all the feedback they recieved from the public otw tests?

is that why we still don't have a dedicated thread for feedback?

is that why we havent had any hotfixes at all?

edit: we’ve now received a hotfix 

Edited by Glaciers
edit