Sign in to follow this  
Yukate

Ntec-7c "New Glory" - Discussion

Hey,

The new JMB came like 28h ago and the price drop is huge, I believe the cost of that weapon soon will be similar to Condor or anyways less than 5m because people are trying to get rid of this gun as fast as possible.

The weapon itself was meant to be mix of an SMG and AR yes? As an SMG-like weapon it's pretty meh, the weapon spread is basically too high.

In the other hand we have LCR-like marksman mode that's faster than standard Star 556 "LCR" but slower than Ntec-7 Ursus because of its mod to keep good accuracy with full auto in marksman mode.

In the result we've got a weird mix of an SMG and AR that's surprisingly disappointed a lot of people, that's why we can notice a huge price drop only 1 day after the weapon release.

Ntec-7c "New Glory" feels like a "easier" to play version of Ursus but in my opinion it needs a little less spread w/o marksman as a proper SMG's are used to, at least keep the spread stable.

Would it be nice to see Armas version of Ntec-7 without any special mod inside like G1 did with Mountie?

I personally like this weapon, I'm curious what's are your thoughts about it and what should or could be changed or maybe it's already balanced and should stay as it is now.

Nighty

6 minutes ago, Yukate said:

Would it be nice to see Armas version of Ntec-7 without any special mod

im honestly a little surprised orbit didnt do this considering they released both a "normal" and a legendary version of the showstopper, i was really hoping that was the start of a pattern rather than a one off

as for the new glory - i think the gun is fine, its definitely not as good at any range as dedicated weapons but it makes up for it with its versatility and ease of use

in the end most people can probably outperform the new glory with a majority of assault rifles (without having to worry about rof locks), so i think it will remain firmly in the same "tier" as the star 556 

This gun has a range , and easy to use.

no need tweak , its good and versatile.

Edited by dett2

Besides the issues that you and many others ingame already pointed out, here's the absolute trainwreck of a description from a blog post about the current patch:

Officially the NTEC-7 Compact "New Glory", is a modified NTEC 7 "Ursus". Whereas the "Ursus" was an Assault Rifle, the NTEC-7 Compact is a slow firing SMG/AR hybrid which uses smaller caliber ammunition to provide a quicker fire rate where needed. The "New Glory" features the Controlled Aim modification which lowers the rate of fire during marksmanship mode to gain increased accuracy. It also allows you to fire fully automatic without losing accuracy outside of marksmanship mode. We know you are really going to dig it.

Not only is this extremely contradictory about whether the weapon is slow or fast firing (also compared to what?), it also promises no accuracy loss outside of marksmanship mode.

I assume with "accuracy loss" they mean bloom, which would make it slightly better when running and shooting like with a standard SMG, and decent at medium range when crouched. However it seems the only thing the mod does is decrease fire rate in marksmanship mode, by a far too large amount at that.

It provides no bloom reduction at all and therefore is a downgrade to any player with decent trigger control. This besides the fact that the Ursus has a pretty much ideal orange mod already which is a Hunting Sight 3 without the associated field of view reduction.

Edited by Lyfeld

with the emergence of new weapons prices quickly fall b people tend to get and try this new product . practice shows that prices will return to their places .

23 minutes ago, Lyfeld said:

Besides the issues that you and many others ingame already pointed out, here's the absolute trainwreck of a description from a blog post about the current patch:

Not only is this extremely contradictory about whether the weapon is slow or fast firing (also compared to what?), it also promises no accuracy loss outside of marksmanship mode.

I assume with "accuracy loss" they mean bloom, which would make it slightly better when running and shooting like with a standard SMG, and decent at medium range when crouched. However it seems the only thing the mod does is decrease fire rate in marksmanship mode, by a far too large amount at that.

It provides no bloom reduction at all and therefore is a downgrade to any player with decent trigger control. This besides the fact that the Ursus has a pretty much ideal orange mod already which is a Hunting Sight 3 without the associated field of view reduction.

"smg/ar hybrid" more like "we couldn't bother codeing it to level pointman role so Meh, copy paste the ursus code" It's another ursus with tweaked stats What happend to "building it from the ground up" it doesn't even use the same ammo as ursus yet you still made it an assault rifle? how long till the "pmg" is techniccly an assault rifle. @MattScott This better be another bug cause it's "bugging me"

Just cheesed off it levels rifleman makes it look like a lcr with an ursus skin.

Sign in to follow this