MattScott

Removing weapon drops from opposed missions

Do you want dropped weapons in Fight Club?  

317 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want dropped weapons in Fight Club?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't care

17 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

I can't believe this is even a conversation still, yet alone one that should be receiving any kind of light/focus.

It does not matter if weapon drops are mechanically fun or interesting or not. The bottom line is that it has been shown to lag the district/server and should not even be thought of to be introduced in that current state. Such a huge gameplay performance issue overrides any additional minor gameplay mechanic. This shouldn't have been a thread, there shouldn't have been a poll, and you should not be listening to any feedback within this thread.

This is a simple issue with a clear and objective solution that should have never been given a second thought. 

But mah weapon trying.

1 hour ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

-snip-

Alternatively. They could locate the cause of the lag issue, fix it, and then negate that entire concern.

This is known as a "bug fix" and used to be common practice in the gaming industry.

Just now, Hexerin said:

Alternatively. They could locate the cause of the lag issue, fix it, and then negate that entire concern.

This is known as a "bug fix" and used to be common practice in the gaming industry.

I guess that was my unnamed point from the whole thing.

5 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Saying that while we have widely known bugs for years which weren't fixed.

BUG'S are meant to be fixed, but if you don't expect the company to fix it, should probably not support them.

8 hours ago, bentobox said:

BUG'S are meant to be fixed, but if you don't expect the company to fix it, should probably not support them.

I highly doubt many of the people in here are supporting LO right now.

15 hours ago, Kewlin said:

I highly doubt many of the people in here are supporting LO right now.

except you . there's enough who supported the LO . the list of my personal enemies is difficult to get . your Kevin folder is dated February 18, 2018.

you can't rely on someone you don't trust . I never believed you .

Merged.

23 hours ago, bentobox said:

the patient needs treatment and care . kicking and banging him on the head won't make any progress in the treatment .

Edited by Yood

44 minutes ago, Yood said:

the patient needs treatment and care . kicking and banging him on the head won't make any progress in the treatment .

what?

7 minutes ago, wHisHi said:

what?

When is your Kevin folder dated?

1 hour ago, wHisHi said:

what?

I'm sorry if your logical and associative thinking isn't working. I can't help you with that .. stop kicking LO . You and I have NO other choice . constant blows will simply force to close the project .

Edited by Yood

14 minutes ago, Yood said:

I'm sorry if your logical thinking is off. I can't help you . stop kicking LO . You and I have NO other choice . constant blows will simply force to close the project .

HXDP0cG.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mitne said:

HXDP0cG.png

the old members of the forum methods do not change . you've been making fools of G1 and you're trying to keep pulling the nose LO . write the entire list of pseudo experts of the Forum ?

Edited by Yood

All I was saying, is you need to fix bugs. Fixing bug's is time consuming specially if you never wrote the original code, sometime rewriting the entire thing is faster than finding the bug, that was caused by a multi-threaded application.

We all know there is a leak somewhere, we also know that there is a issue with the collision detection when 2 players come in close proximity the latency between both players and the server cause hit detection to go the one with better ping. Lastly known bug, is the issue with wep drop being treated as a entity in game, and probably creating as much lag as a player in the proximity.

I am unsure but, just based off the income LO is generating I don't think they have more than a few developer's even working on the project. By all intent purposes even the known bug's are not being tracked, as the new engine is priority or some other function *cough* riot *cough*.

At this point, just from a players perspective, they downgraded the server hardware due to a cost against player's purchases. Even if they had a influx of players, I don't think their servers can handle it.

My opinion still stands though, "wep drop mechanic was fun in the action district, it added flavor to a stale game, it even made the wep purchase mechanic seem like a non issue. I was actually interested for the first time in a long time to make a purchase in game. But, the decision of wep drop removal was like a kick to the teeth. They modded a mechanic unintended, it was like they never tested their code they pushed to the players."

3 hours ago, Yood said:

I'm sorry if your logical and associative thinking isn't working. I can't help you with that .. stop kicking LO . You and I have NO other choice . constant blows will simply force to close the project .

LO is not our patient and we dont treat them 😄

And "constant blows" is our response to current game state that is just getting worse.

16 minutes ago, wHisHi said:

LO is not our patient and we dont treat them 😄

And "constant blows" is our response to current game state that is just getting worse.

they have a desire , they try their best . we have no other option . let's be respectful to each other .

On 6/24/2019 at 9:06 PM, Hexerin said:

It's an outdated engine.

Pretty sure with how it cant use modern graphics cards too well ,  that the lag it causes  would be a problem until the engine gets updated to handle the better graphics cards and performance issues.

• Thanks 1