MattScott

Removing weapon drops from opposed missions

Do you want dropped weapons in Fight Club?  

317 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want dropped weapons in Fight Club?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't care

Ziser, Man you just wont let it go will ya noob. You are what we call a nar·cis·sist (a person who has an excessive interest in or admiration of themselves). 

Now that being said, all you do is make assumptions without  any legitimate argument, you spew false truths in a attempt to make yourself look intelligent (fail). Listen up Ziser, it doesn't work and it wont work. I understand you are to narrow minded to even fathom the concept of how it works, so i will leave you with the words of the Technical Administrator CEO. If you are still in denial then i await to roast you on the next reply. Bye Ziser 🙂

Hi everyone,

Just a quick note to say that yesterday's patch accidentally included the ability for players to drop their weapons when dying across all districts. Essentially we created a new flag for this feature that is a core part of RIOT, but that flag wasn't turned off on the other district types. This was not intended, and will be removed on the next patch.

For those players that like this feature, I think the context of my decision is important. This topic was discussed a lot with the SPCT, and in the end I agreed with the position that choosing a strategic loadout is a fundamental part of APB, as it forces players to choose wisely and lean into specific play styles. The addition of dropped weapons trivialize some of those choices, and has the potential to reinforce gameplay we don't want to see.

However now that we've seen this can actually happen, do you guys want this feature left on for Fight Club?

Thanks,
Matt

Edited by Glock23

35 minutes ago, Glock23 said:

so i will leave you with the words of the Technical Administrator CEO.

haven’t you been arguing that weapon drops aren’t fair because other people can use your “premium” weapons?

because the original post from mattscott doesn’t mention that at all

Wow people are still arguing....

That's why I suggested this :

On 6/13/2019 at 10:13 PM, Fortune Runner said:

If it is a special event round for FC then I don't know why not so long as after it is over people get their normal guns back.

A new mode to add onto the others already in FC would be fine by me.

I mean how else would you add onto an already existing FC map.

but that just my thinking and not even my opinion since I am undecided

but I am still undecided.

pros : You get to try guns out in a new game mode and guns you may buy later..

cons : you have to share your toys for that  mode until it goes back to normal (it was my suggestion to revert back afterwards)

In the end of the day, most people playing APB are 255 max ranked on weapon of choice, and this whole thing you worked too hard is not really an argument.

The basis for my argument is that we need to attract new players or it is like the pessimist are saying "game died, gg move on". The current meta only benefits veteran players, veteran players are not going anywhere.

All features should lean towards attracting new players.

The trial feature is poorly explained at best, to a new player.

My personal opinion are different, and may not be exactly right. I would never have thought that changing weapon de-balanced the game, specially since it is part of the strategy to change weapon.

Every weapon has a +- , not a single one is perfect, but some are perfect for a situation.

The weapon drop punishes everyone and benefits everyone involved since it creates a 2nd level of play.

Everyone is entitled to their own. In the end the only opinion that matters is the developer's.

A lot of players played around the time the weapon drop mechanic was there and enjoyed it. If you want new younger player base, you have to cater to younger generation. This generation has never been bored their entire life, they have more options then their life time can let them try. Grinding in game's is a phasing out very quickly. The most popular game today, has no grinding. MMO's have phased out of existence from their former self's and only old people play them. People want to have fun, enjoy a game. By creating a grind for 195 required for this weapon or car, all you do is lock content behind a wall that is imaginary, and then double punish the player by match making him against someone that is 255 and there 40.

Change is a good thing, if everything stays the same, the trend of player base will continue the same. The current meta is not attractive in the current market place of games.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Glock23 said:

and in the end I agreed with the position that choosing a strategic loadout is a fundamental part of APB, as it forces players to choose wisely and lean into specific play styles. The addition of dropped weapons trivialize some of those choices, and has the potential to reinforce gameplay we don't want to see.

Wow you guys seriously need to go get a education. I have always agreed with and supported this...

Now pay the f attention....Nuff Said  

You can change load out mid mission, so that is not supported by the current game. Even if the developer's believe it is.

1 minute ago, bentobox said:

You can change load out mid mission, so that is not supported by the current game. Even if the developer's believe it is.

there's a difference between going into inventory and resupplying a new weapon vs dipping behind a corner for .2s and coming out nfas blazing

14 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

there's a difference between going into inventory and resupplying a new weapon vs dipping behind a corner for .2s and coming out nfas blazing

that is only true if you carried a nfas into the match and someone just died, if your going to just make stuff up.. sure

22 minutes ago, bentobox said:

that is only true if you carried a nfas into the match and someone just died, if your going to just make stuff up.. sure

i managed to do this multiple times before in the 50(?) hours that weapon drops were everywhere, its an issue

13 hours ago, bentobox said:

Pretty rude to flat out accuse someone of lying

Especially given whom it is , is clearly not just anyone.

Members

9957 posts

Joined Dec 2014

51 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

Especially given whom it is , is clearly not just anyone

just because i post more doesnt make my input any more valuable

15 hours ago, Glaciers said:

I think i was misspoke, I never said you lied. I did this too, I agree with you it is totally a thing. I enjoyed killing someone that had a nfas and switching weapon to the nfas, making it easier to kill them the 2nd time, 3rd time... so forth.

14 hours ago, bentobox said:

Anyways this is just a discussion, in the end it is pretty futile since weapon drop is not coming back.

I do still believe that something needs to be done so the new player can actually get into this game. Catering to veterans is not the way to get new player base, veterans are not going anywhere.

I been playing since open beta, I just don't post or get involved with the community, because honestly everyone that plays this game is a bunch of wankers. I really don't like most of you guys.

1 hour ago, Fortune Runner said:

Pretty rude to flat out accuse someone of lying

Especially given whom it is , is clearly not just anyone.

Members

9957 posts

Joined Dec 2014

I happen to actually get along with both people that I been going back and forth discussing this topic. They don't cheat, and are actually fun to play against, or with. My views are different however.

I decided to start posting recently, mostly because the server went down and I happened to want to play. But, this is just going back and forth and no one is going to change each other's mind.

In my opinion is just that, my opinion . I think replacing your weapon with the enemy weapon is "fair and creates additional depth to the game" 

42 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

When you have been right more? yes it does.

25 minutes ago, bentobox said:

I happen to actually get along with both people that I been going back and forth discussing this topic.

ok I misunderstood then.

5 hours ago, Glaciers said:

Shut the fuck up, my posts are valuable.

22 minutes ago, Kewlin said:

negatory

1 hour ago, Glaciers said:

negatory

pository

3 hours ago, Kewlin said:

No, suppository.

sounds a bit uncomfortable.

okay who am i kidding #%%# no it sounds beyond uncomfortable

17 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

sounds a bit uncomfortable.

okay who am i kidding #%%# no it sounds beyond uncomfortable

Not really TBH.

10 minutes ago, Kewlin said:

Not really TBH.

I'll take your word for it but still sounds uncomfortable to me

i mean arent they horse pills or something

or do i just watch too much tv and movies

Edit ugh im off topic sorry - still woudlnt mind a game mode rotation of gun drops added to fc

Edited by Fortune Runner

On 6/17/2019 at 7:53 PM, Glock23 said:

Ziser, Man you just wont let it go will ya noob. You are what we call a nar·cis·sist (a person who has an excessive interest in or admiration of themselves). 

Now that being said, all you do is make assumptions without  any legitimate argument, you spew false truths in a attempt to make yourself look intelligent (fail). Listen up Ziser, it doesn't work and it wont work. I understand you are to narrow minded to even fathom the concept of how it works, so i will leave you with the words of the Technical Administrator CEO. If you are still in denial then i await to roast you on the next reply. Bye Ziser 🙂

I admire myself because its the only way i can keep going at times but trust me on this one, its far from excessive and i feel bad for anyone who have an interest in me, myself included 😂

I made sound arguments for weapon drops and explained why i like it, you literally have not made any arguments against weapon drops other than that you dont want others to pick up your hard earned weapons. If you dont want assumptions of yourself then make sure you dont perfectly fit said assumption and then continue make sure you fit said assumption, thats how assumptions are made.

I know exactly how the concept of the loadouts for strategic gameplay and tactics works and what droppable weapons would change with it which is why im for it but looks like youre a master on that subject, would you care to explain exactly why droppable weapons are not okay with current state of APB?

Matt stated that it was an unintended change for action/FC districts and then asked the community if it should stay for FC and im putting my arguments out here as to why i think it should stay in action districts aswell. You want the opposite but so far havent really elaborated much on why on top of being entirely unreasonable.

And im the narrow minded one lmao

Merged.

On 6/18/2019 at 4:18 AM, Glaciers said:

I done this once too and i had the time of my LIFE owning that noob after he could not beat my any other way than with an OCA in cqb, its not an issue, its a solution 😂

On 6/19/2019 at 8:58 AM, Kewlin said:

On 6/19/2019 at 11:13 AM, Kewlin said:

pository

On 6/19/2019 at 11:18 AM, Kewlin said:

No, suppository.

On 6/20/2019 at 8:01 AM, Kewlin said:

Not really TBH.

your comments are really very important.

remove all boxes : Santa box , Valentine box ! in these boxes, too, there is a weapon that the opponent can use.

Edited by Yood

2 minutes ago, Yood said:

your comments are really very important

pretty sure that was the joke

I can't believe this is even a conversation still, yet alone one that should be receiving any kind of light/focus.

It does not matter if weapon drops are mechanically fun or interesting or not. The bottom line is that it has been shown to lag the district/server and should not even be thought of to be introduced in that current state. Such a huge gameplay performance issue overrides any additional minor gameplay mechanic. This shouldn't have been a thread, there shouldn't have been a poll, and you should not be listening to any feedback within this thread.

This is a simple issue with a clear and objective solution that should have never been given a second thought. 

• Like 1