MattScott

Removing weapon drops from opposed missions

Do you want dropped weapons in Fight Club?  

317 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want dropped weapons in Fight Club?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't care

10 hours ago, Glock23 said:

Horrible idea, just the fact that a 255 player which busted his balls to get max mods or a legendary wep etc to drop for a new or mid level player to use against them is just total bs. They need to invest the time just like us vets. No way if this is implemented I'm gone. 

Because matching a 255 player who busted his balls to get gear with advantages against low~mid level and even new players is justified right? If you wnat your opinion to have any credability at all then we are gona need a propper matchmaking first, i really dont see this as a valid argument against droppable weapons at all.

• Like 1

I think you are forgetting we all started from the bottom what makes you think you deserve anything different? You want to short cut your way to the top and that is the lazy way out. You want to play with the big boys then do your time. Nuff said.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Glock23 said:

I think you are forgetting we all started from the bottom what makes you think you deserve anything different? You want to short cut your way to the top and that is the lazy way out. You want to play with the big boys then do your time. Nuff said.

Again, your argument is irrelevant because theres no matchmaking. We get it, you are max rank, you like killing noobs and type "gg ez" in district after the match and the idea of them looting your gun and killing you with it is making people suggest you take anger managment sessions. See i can type text without really thinking too.

Now for some actual constructive response. Im all for the you have to work to get rewarded for it but looting a simple gun of a high ranking player in a match is not what you described at all. This is present in almost any other game. We all started from the bottom and had our fair struggles against max ranks and other high skilled players and imo the matchmaking how i remember it when i was a noob was horrible. Unless you got an ironwill willpower then youre most likely resorting to just quitting the game, use exploits or dethreating to get easier opponets or just outright load cheats instead as seen far too many times. You make it sound like anyone looting your gun is permamently unlocking it, you still have the advantage of spawning with it. Its also important to take note that once you loot somones gun your own gun drops on the ground so you will have to re-loot your gun if you want to switch back to it unless you use an ammo box, this makes anyone able to loot your gun aswell. I had times where i looted a cqb weapon and then got shot at from behind by a player carrying my dropped gun.

New players that sadly get matched against max rank players can atleast try out guns they wont be laying hands on for a damn while if they manage to kill said high rank. As been said by other users in this thread it adds more flavour to the almost completely static gameplay and if your gun is the only reason youre winning then i feel sorry for you.

• Like 1

Weapon drop could be interesting on Fight Club, as it isn't the same as action districts. FC feels more crazy and "nobody really cares". 

Also thank you for the poll. I would want to see more of these here!

Am I the only one that thinks this has nothing to do with being fair or not?

Just equip the STAR and FBW and wreck face: weapons aren't really giving you an advantage, lol.

56 minutes ago, Kewlin said:

Am I the only one that thinks this has nothing to do with being fair or not?

Just equip the STAR and FBW and wreck face: weapons aren't really giving you an advantage, lol.

yeah i don’t like the weapon drop mechanic at all but “other people are using my weapons” is the stupidest reason i can think of - it’s not like you lose access to your weapon when someone else is using it 

when you fix the problem when loading screen stuck every time still cant to play this game

23 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

yeah i don’t like the weapon drop mechanic at all but “other people are using my weapons” is the stupidest reason i can think of - it’s not like you lose access to your weapon when someone else is using it 

Nor is it like picking up a weapon is really a legitimate way to use said weapon. Imagine thinking picking up a Euryale is in any way equivalent to owning one.

*EDIT* In summation, I just don't think weapon drops are good for FC.

*EDIT 2* Or any part of APB really: I've never liked weapon drops in APB except for for weapon testing districts, where it's purely a practical thing.

Edited by Kewlin

@Ziser first off stay on topic you are speaking of so many issues that are not even relevant to this topic. Second you are making assumptions as to my actions and intentions. The fact is AGAIN i need you to listen and pay attention this time i know its hard for you to actually read this and comprehend it because it pisses you off others differ from your "right" opinion. Have you ever heard of the (trial) button? Yea thats right you can access it in the market place if you want to "try" a weapon of your choice. 

I see many players vets and noobs busting their a.. making cash or WTT for legends. Why cant you do this? You are so special you dont have to put in the work like every other player? Nah you just like crying in dist or here on the forums to prove a totally invalid point when you rattle on about items that arent even relevant to this topic. Its just like anything in life dood, playing against others better then you max or not makes you a great player. But no you want to get this sh.t handed to you on a silver platter cause you where born with a silver spoon in your mouth while the other guy here busting his b.lls to get what he needs to progress.

Stop being a cheap whiny little cry baby get up off your butt and get this on your own. -Nuff Said

• Like 2

I support weapon drops as simply, due to how they're currently implemented, it works just fine. I can't think of a good counter argument to why weapon drops are bad, other then "hurr durr my gunz are mine!"

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tenginima said:

I support weapon drops as simply, due to how they're currently implemented, it works just fine. I can't think of a good counter argument to why weapon drops are bad, other then "hurr durr my gunz are mine!"

It simply changes the tactics of APB in a way that I personally don't like. It's terrible in missions IMO, as it makes it so that you have no idea what weapons your opp is using, and thus makes the game feel more random, (which is why I also don't like weapon boxes,) and makes choosing your loadout less important. In FC there's less of an argument against it, but I still personally just prefer not to have it.

7 hours ago, Kewlin said:

It simply changes the tactics of APB in a way that I personally don't like. It's terrible in missions IMO, as it makes it so that you have no idea what weapons your opp is using, and thus makes the game feel more random, (which is why I also don't like weapon boxes,) and makes choosing your loadout less important. In FC there's less of an argument against it, but I still personally just prefer not to have it.

Random? Not quite. A simple fix to that would be to simply make the UI display what weapon the OPP is holding, no matter what it is. That and ofc, in missions, most likely if they use other weapons then their own loadout, it will most likely be your teams weaponry. Thus not making it as random as it seems.

Secondly, it can also be used as a form to turn the aggressors weapons against themselves, they use OSMAWS? Well kill they guy and pick it up (ofc it can't be R required). Not only that but it also funnily enough mitigates a little bit of a problem with APB and that is it's balance. We both know that APB is not a fully balanced game when it comes to guns, however, a side effect of this system, would allow some guns to not be as "unbalanced". As it would be a fight fire with fire situation. Not perfectly mind you, but not terrible either. It would especially mean that newer players would be able to get their hands on well modded Meta Guns, such as a IR3 HS3 MS NTEC etc.

Ofc they would have to implement it in such a way that the guns do not take priority over missions pick-ups, ladder climbing, fence jumping etc.

You'll have to excuse my english, i'm very tired.

Merged.

All in all i'll be heading to bed, i'll reply tomorow.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tenginima said:

Random? Not quite. A simple fix to that would be to simply make the UI display what weapon the OPP is holding, no matter what it is.

You could do that, but it would require you to look at the scoreboard more. Still, it would be better at least.

. . . it will most likely be your teams weaponry. Thus not making it as random as it seems.

No, I already knew that: it's exactly as random as it seems to me, which is just more random (not totally random, just more than it is.)

Secondly, it can also be used as a form to turn the aggressors weapons against themselves, they use OSMAWS? Well kill they guy and pick it up (ofc it can't be R required).

Yes, thus largely reducing the need to have a properly made loadout, as I said.

Not only that but it also funnily enough mitigates a little bit of a problem with APB and that is it's balance. We both know that APB is not a fully balanced game when it comes to guns, however, a side effect of this system, would allow some guns to not be as "unbalanced".

No, APB is pretty dang close to balanced IMO, with the exception of a few OP guns and what LO did to the JG and CSG.

Ofc they would have to implement it in such a way that the guns do not take priority over missions pick-ups, ladder climbing, fence jumping etc.

The task/item priorities need a major overhaul anyhoo TBH.

You'll have to excuse my english, i'm very tired.

Ehh, your English was fine.   :3

• Thanks 1

The majority voting Yes, probably are imagining that they'll get to use cool weapons they don't own, which is counterproductive to selling stuff on armas, which already has free trials. For BR mode it makes sense though.

Edited by SilverCrow

1 hour ago, SilverCrow said:

The majority voting Yes, probably are imagining that they'll get to use cool weapons they don't own, which is counterproductive to selling stuff on armas, which already has free trials. For BR mode it makes sense though.

Legendary weapons can't be trailed and weapon trials i think reset every month or so.  Also there are a handful of weapons that you can't trial.  Not sure how its counterproductive to selling guns on ARMAS though.

you mean crims wont be able to use stabba anymore?!! nuuuu!!!

Fight Club is, as far as I am concerned, nothing but a place to farm kills and try out new weapons, loadouts or mechanics. Getting access to weapons you don't own by scavenging them off other players seems to fit this concept well.

Just have them disappear after a few seconds, so picking them up becomes sort of a definitive choice.

5 hours ago, SkittyM said:

Legendary weapons can't be trailed and weapon trials i think reset every month or so.  Also there are a handful of weapons that you can't trial.  Not sure how its counterproductive to selling guns on ARMAS though.

I've been around since open beta. I know all that.

To answer you: Because curiosity is one of the biggest selling points. If that gets satisfied to a too large extent it affects sales negatively. I have first hand experience with it in my job. I do product development, marketing etc.

Edited by SilverCrow

16 hours ago, Revoluzzer said:

Fight Club is, as far as I am concerned, nothing but a place to farm kills and try out new weapons, loadouts or mechanics. Getting access to weapons you don't own by scavenging them off other players seems to fit this concept well.

Just have them disappear after a few seconds, so picking them up becomes sort of a definitive choice.

Yeah, having them disappear quickly would be nice.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Revoluzzer said:

2 hours ago, Kewlin said:

Yeah, having them disappear quickly would be nice.

I am pleased with the current situation .

On 6/14/2019 at 6:10 PM, bentobox said:

but to be honest would even be neat to be able to grab enemy car's for that matter to expand the idea

On 6/14/2019 at 6:26 PM, Kewlin said:

No.

I agree with Kewlin.

unless of course you want me to car bomb you into oblivion.

Seriously bentobox ...... think first before you take my car especially as ops !!!

Edited by Fortune Runner
  • Like 1

On 6/16/2019 at 6:19 AM, Kewlin said:

You could do that, but it would require you to look at the scoreboard more. Still, it would be better at least.

No, I already knew that: it's exactly as random as it seems to me, which is just more random (not totally random, just more than it is.)

Yes, thus largely reducing the need to have a properly made loadout, as I said.

No, APB is pretty dang close to balanced IMO, with the exception of a few OP guns and what LO did to the JG and CSG.

The task/item priorities need a major overhaul anyhoo TBH.

Ehh, your English was fine.   :3

Well it looks like we mostly agree on most points, refreshing to say the least to actually have a productive discussion!

But yes, I think having it in FC would be a good start, and just keep it there for the while being.

• Like 1

On 6/15/2019 at 10:13 PM, Glock23 said:

@Ziser first off stay on topic you are speaking of so many issues that are not even relevant to this topic. Second you are making assumptions as to my actions and intentions. The fact is AGAIN i need you to listen and pay attention this time i know its hard for you to actually read this and comprehend it because it pisses you off others differ from your "right" opinion. Have you ever heard of the (trial) button? Yea thats right you can access it in the market place if you want to "try" a weapon of your choice. 

I see many players vets and noobs busting their a.. making cash or WTT for legends. Why cant you do this? You are so special you dont have to put in the work like every other player? Nah you just like crying in dist or here on the forums to prove a totally invalid point when you rattle on about items that arent even relevant to this topic. Its just like anything in life dood, playing against others better then you max or not makes you a great player. But no you want to get this sh.t handed to you on a silver platter cause you where born with a silver spoon in your mouth while the other guy here busting his b.lls to get what he needs to progress.

Stop being a cheap whiny little cry baby get up off your butt and get this on your own. -Nuff Said

Had to re-read through your posts in this topic and it 100% sounds like youre actually entitled so im going to go with the assumption that you are because your posts sure as hell are trying really hard to look like you are.

I got a R255 enfo and a R195 crim, Ursus and two leg nanos along tons of arma weapons so can safly say i put in the time and effort to "bust my balls" to this level. Im against getting speenfed shit on a silver platter too, in all games. Being able to pick up weapons from dead players in this game is nowhere near getting spoonfed so i got no idea why you even bring that up. I highly recommend re-reading my posts and the whole thread and think outside your own opinion as it looks like you think players permanently unlock the guns they loot by the sound of it.

Its nice of you to tell me im not on topic while im explaining why im defending the droppable guns by bringing up reasons why but i guess we should just leave it to "Yes/No" without bringing any feedback as to why you picked either. I get it though, you only have one argument as to why droppable weapons shouldent be a thing and its too hard to think for more reasons why it shouldent be a thing, dont worry it happens when somone else just have that much more logic behind their arguments thats diffrent to your opinion. I dont get angry when others disagree with my opinion, i rethink my own opinion taking others into consideration and see if my own changes or evolves. I stay strong to my opinion because yours isnt very constructive and does not bring up many logical points as to why you think this way more than "I DONT LIKE THIS REEEEEE" so feel free to explain more as to why you think the way do.

And lmao getting things spoonfed to your is like getting free perma weapons and/or legendary weapons along with mods, cars and shit right? Cant wait to go in to a district and perma unlock New Glory from some random player lmao.

• Like 1