MattScott

Removing weapon drops from opposed missions

Do you want dropped weapons in Fight Club?  

317 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want dropped weapons in Fight Club?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't care

Matt, please stop deliberately trying to kill the game, you guys already done more than enough with RIOT mode that no one asked for, but now weapon drops in fight clubs? you said you were following the game for a long time and you should know that it was already tested in 2015 - 2016 and it was agreed that it affects performance and is unbalanced even in fight club., if someone wants to try a weapon, he can trial it from armas or the JT store like a normal person.

also, how does it take the dev team a whole week to fix a simple code line or a Flag to restrict weapon drops? You really want to kill the population even more by people not playing missions? wonderful.

Edited by cheater
  • Like 5

You guys realise dropped weapons actually lag the districts right?

• Like 2

Normal missions and Fight Club should stay the way it was previously.

Change it back.

Since you know WHY this is happening in mission districts, why don't you just go ahead and fix it instead of forcing everyone to deal with it longer than they need to? This was a mistake on your part and punishing your entire userbase seems pretty stupid. By the way, riot is shit and I'm disappointed.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, bentobox said:

Everyone complaining about wep drop in action district , and the fact someone work really hard or purchased. Are not taking into account a new player coming into the game.

He never will get past the fact he is going to have to sink ether money or real time into the game to get to even try out weps. 

Look at the game from a fresh player point of view, currently the worst thing about this game is the lack of a player base. Anything that makes the game seem fun from a new player's point of view is good in my opinion.

In the end the game should feel fair, wep drop does that really well in the action district, some weps have no recoil what so ever and are great for certain situations, an enemie that changes wep but dies, gets double punished I think its a really good mechanic, adds another layer to the game, that has felt stale for quite a long time.

The action district has not seen any love, since basically the game coming out.

They're working on it:

No. While I also liked the idea of eliminating the P2W complaints, this isn't the way to do that.

We have a number of things coming for regular mission play, but it's very important that we preserve how the main game plays.

I don't think that even perma ARMAS weapons lying on the streets would help with players retention. Most rq forever because they get farmed by higher ranks and it's not like they go with Star vs trainees. Those are full fledged tryhards that would go vegas+surfer+alig vs trainee in calabria that doesn't know how to equip or use his nades.

41 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

You guys realise dropped weapons actually lag the districts right?

they are in a whole another universe, its insane how this company is worst than G1 at this point

Well thanks to this I've tried that "New Glory" without having to buy it, so ty for that (u saved my money 😎) but voted for no cause it's a nonsense - same reason why you will remove it from mission districts, we have enough mess without it. And it's not fair for the people who bought those weapons.

• Like 2

I'm sad the "feature" will be leaving Mission Districts but Matt sure has a way with words and I agree with the reasoning and totally love the idea of the weapon drop going to FC as a consolation prize.

Maybe to try and placate further since the votes are pretty close - make it a FC Mode. so using Asylum (best FC or fitemeirl) as an example it currently has; 

Mode 1 - FC with Hold Item

Mode 2 - FC TDM

Mode 3 - FC with 2 VIPs.

Are there more? idk

I propose: 

Mode 1 - FC with Hold Item

Mode 2 - FC with Hold Item + Weapon Drop Enabled

Mode 3 - FC with TDM

Mode 4 - FC with TDM + Weapon Drop Enabled

Mode 5 - You get the idea.

Best of both worlds imo.

it wouldnt be a bad idea for fightclub tbh. but NOT mission districts. 

COD:reloaded.

(my arsenal cost more than my car insurrance, and i should see t in the hand of the first rusky cheater?) NOTHANKS.

Put in in a new modified TDM mode in asylum and call it mayhem mode or something. If it isn't active 100% of the time I can see it being fun. Leave baylan out since that map is already a semi-unplayable mess when it goes above 30 pop, don't want more chaos in there.

Can't wait for the FPS and hitreg problems to be even more prevalent in FC 1

Yesterdays where one of the most fun time i had in action districts. I absolutely love the weapon drops, when you go from objective to objective and your opponet switches from one weapon to another after every single step it gets quite annoying. can safly say that picking up some players vulcano/osmaw and wreck them when you get the "Capture and hold blue big truck" objective is absolutely 10/10. I tried weapons i never really bothered to use much before and it feels nice being able to pick up a fast OCA dropped by somone you managed to kill with an ntec in close quarters and engage his teamates with, adds more flavour to the fight. 

I do not play this game deadass competative because theres no reason to play it deadass competative so i can not really relate to players saying this breaks balance with how APB works.

15 hours ago, MattScott said:

For those players that like this feature, I think the context of my decision is important. This topic was discussed a lot with the SPCT, and in the end I agreed with the position that choosing a strategic loadout is a fundamental part of APB, as it forces players to choose wisely and lean into specific play styles.

The ability to switch your loadout on the go with both ammo box (that you can lower cooldown with by buying premium...) and the consumable boxes id argue that this is irrelevant, this also have players with lower amounts of weapons in their inventory at a dissadvantage by default and even more so against veteran players with loads of stacked consumable ammo boxes and weapons.

15 hours ago, MattScott said:

The addition of dropped weapons trivialize some of those choices, and has the potential to reinforce gameplay we don't want to see.

What gameplay? I need context because knowing APB and its community in its whole this could mean multiply things. We have the "elitist" players who will complain that their hard worked weapons they have can be picked up by other players, remember that that these "elitist" players spawn with these weapons and use them all the time, the players picking them up do not. Can argue that your weapon shouldent be the reason you can beat other players in the first place. We got the toxic side of the community that will use this as a new way to harras other players "haha, killed you with your own gun noob" etc, they exist and will always exist, cant really say much here since the solution is extremely simple, ignore/block them. We got the players who wants balance and in the dropable weapons defence id say theres more balance now, if you equip a grenade launcher or a vulcano to cheese an objective then now you will have to plan even harder to prevent your enemies to get a hold of your equipment, isnt that strategic right? Not everyone can (some dont want to) switch weapon between every single objective.

I could name a list of other games where you can pick up your opponets hard earned guns but the list would be too long but this is APB, theres no game like it right :^)

All in all it saddens me to see this is being removed from action districts so least i can do is ask for it to stay, as i said i had more fun than i had for a while.

I started playing this game somewhere around 2013 and played on and off during the years, i cant say i have close to the playtime of other players who sticked around from 2013. I have not bothered with the forum either, think i have one post thats not even worth mentioning but this topic has brought me here so bear with me.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Ziser said:

Yesterdays where one of the most fun time i had in action districts. I absolutely love the weapon drops, when you go from objective to objective and your opponet switches from one weapon to another after every single step it gets quite annoying. can safly say that picking up some players vulcano/osmaw and wreck them when you get the "Capture and hold blue big truck" objective is absolutely 10/10. I tried weapons i never really bothered to use much before and it feels nice being able to pick up a fast OCA dropped by somone you managed to kill with an ntec in close quarters and engage his teamates with, adds more flavour to the fight. 

I do not play this game deadass competative because theres no reason to play it deadass competative so i can not really relate to players saying this breaks balance with how APB works.

The ability to switch your loadout on the go with both ammo box (that you can lower cooldown with by buying premium...) and the consumable boxes id argue that this is irrelevant, this also have players with lower amounts of weapons in their inventory at a dissadvantage by default and even more so against veteran players with loads of stacked consumable ammo boxes and weapons.

Dropped weapons not only affect Client FPS, but affect the Server performance.
People have low amount of guns? You can buy weapons on armas, you can buy weapons in the Joker store or you can grind a role for a weapon. 

Keep weapon drops across all districts and game modes. It is actually fast growing to be my favorite feature ever implemented in APB. 

Don't remove it. It's actually fun and people complaining are "pros" getting killed by noobs with their own guns.

Or just do it and screw new players that have to use stock weapons against people that have been playing for years, and the main reason why there are NOT new players...

Something good happens and you want to remove it. Just let  the game sink...

I went with a no because I can see a mess of weapons glowing on the ground everywhere in fc. Also, if I see someone with a sniper Im gonna sneak close to them so I can cqc them. But if there is a cqc weapon right beside them, they can pick that up and use that. Also, itl be such a mess. I look at a person name and see what weapon they are holding. I come around a corner and they are using another weapon. Once again, itl be just a mess. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cheater said:

Dropped weapons not only affect Client FPS, but affect the Server performance.
People have low amount of guns? You can buy weapons on armas, you can buy weapons in the Joker store or you can grind a role for a weapon. 

I never had an issue with client fps, played on 120 solid at all times apart from massive amounts of car explosions or rare times getting hit by 5+ grenade impacts at same time (rip my sorry soul) but i can see it being an issue, could tweak the weapon drops to only lay on the ground for 30 seconds or something in action/fc districts. Overall its a fun feature imo.

4 minutes ago, killerskull said:

I look at a person name and see what weapon they are holding. I come around a corner and they are using another weapon. Once again, itl be just a mess. 

Life is like a box of chocolate, you never know what youre gona get. Alright you can look what chocolate you can take, you get what i mean. Outside of a competative view its fine with the chaos, as i stated previsouly, competative play in this game is OMEGALUL at best. Once the game gets more players (lul) they might wanna look into adding more servers and specific servers for actuall competative play. I understand what you mean though, i very often open scoreboard at the start of missions to check opponets guns (action mission district atleast) but i do not switch guns to counter their loadout. I like the idea of looting some shotty players shotgun in cqb if i manage to beat him with say an ursus and use the dropped shotgun to deal with other enemies cqb.

I, again, could name other games where you cant switch loadout while still alive and where you in same games can pick up other dead enemy players guns. Theres a lot of freedom in APB on that front and now theres even more.

Sucks that this'll be removed for normal missions. Adds a layer of unknown to the otherwise almost completely static gameplay.

Please dont add this to Fight Club ...

10 hours ago, cheater said:

they are in a whole another universe, its insane how this company is worst than G1 at this point

Yeah definitely LO is much worse than G1, it was so much fun watching G1 developers disappear for months then push a patch full of "game typo bugs lol" fixes.

8 hours ago, Basih said:

Keep weapon drops across all districts and game modes. It is actually fast growing to be my favorite feature ever implemented in APB. 

Too late 😭

Edited by PrincessMimi

Horrible idea, just the fact that a 255 player which busted his balls to get max mods or a legendary wep etc to drop for a new or mid level player to use against them is just total bs. They need to invest the time just like us vets. No way if this is implemented I'm gone.