MattScott

Removing weapon drops from opposed missions

Do you want dropped weapons in Fight Club?  

317 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want dropped weapons in Fight Club?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't care

Hi everyone,

Just a quick note to say that yesterday's patch accidentally included the ability for players to drop their weapons when dying across all districts. Essentially we created a new flag for this feature that is a core part of RIOT, but that flag wasn't turned off on the other district types. This was not intended, and will be removed on the next patch.

For those players that like this feature, I think the context of my decision is important. This topic was discussed a lot with the SPCT, and in the end I agreed with the position that choosing a strategic loadout is a fundamental part of APB, as it forces players to choose wisely and lean into specific play styles. The addition of dropped weapons trivialize some of those choices, and has the potential to reinforce gameplay we don't want to see.

However now that we've seen this can actually happen, do you guys want this feature left on for Fight Club?

Thanks,
Matt

• Like 13
  • Thanks 5

Don't add nonsense to Fight Club.

Adding weapon drops has been requested in the past but it doesn't work well in this game.

Edited by StunStick
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1

@MattScott Will this feature be removed from Action Districts? I know you allude to it in your post, but just to get a concrete answer.

Edited by Lord Cashpoint

Just now, Lord Cashpoint said:

@MattScott Will this feature be removed from Action Districts?

This was answered. Yes it'll be removed

9 minutes ago, MattScott said:

This was not intended, and will be removed on the next patch.

Just now, Kevkof said:

This was answered. Yes it'll be removed 

I appreciate that - I presumed that's what he meant, I just wanted an absolute confirmation.

I was confused by this because it wasn't in the patch notes. So thank you for clarifying and I don't want the world to see me, cause I don't think that they'd understand. When everything's made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am

eh, I like this in mission districts T.T

It completely removes the "your gun is P2W" excuse and allows for fun situational loadouts.

It's nice to have a vote for Fight club, but could we also have a vote for mission districts @MattScott ?

• Like 7

1 minute ago, TheHidden-Tember said:

It completely removes the "your gun is P2W" excuse and allows for fun situational loadouts.

It's nice to have a vote for Fight club, but could we also have a vote for mission districts @MattScott ?

the best compromise would be to have districts with weapon drops and also ones without them like before, but yeah, not gonna happen because of the population size and servers costs... 😞

I might be fine with it in fight club but it depends how much it changes the feel of it, like if it feels more chaotic then no. but if you do want to go down this route i suggest doing a trial for a week to get peoples opinions on it.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, TR3NT said:

I might be fine with it in fight club but it depends how much it changes the feel of it, like if it feels more chaotic then no. but if you do want to go down this route i suggest doing a trial for a week to get peoples opinions on it.

seconding this

I like polls, LO should've done one for RIOT too.

Back on topic: No, dropping weapons should just be on modes that actually depend on this mechanic. Fight Club doesn't need this, unless you're planning to make it a practice mode for people to test out other guns that they don't have. Either way, that should be a separate mode from FC imo.

• Like 5

I'm not gonna' lie, the only time I ever pick up someone's weapon is so that I have two magazines to dump before needing to reload: grab someone's NFAS, unload it, drop it, unload your own NFAS so you have 14 rounds almost continuously, it's cheese as fuck.

Weapon drops, at least the way they are in APB, are bad and quite honestly shouldn't be in any mode, much less FC.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, TheHidden-Tember said:

No. While I also liked the idea of eliminating the P2W complaints, this isn't the way to do that.

We have a number of things coming for regular mission play, but it's very important that we preserve how the main game plays.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

nah no weapon drops except in riot

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, MattScott said:

No. While I also liked the idea of eliminating the P2W complaints, this isn't the way to do that.

We have a number of things coming for regular mission play, but it's very important that we preserve how the main game plays.

P2W complaints are going to happen regardless because people are stupid.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Kewlin said:

I'm not gonna' lie, the only time I ever pick up someone's weapon is so that I have two magazines to dump before needing to reload: grab someone's NFAS, unload it, drop it, unload your own NFAS so you have 14 rounds almost continuously, it's cheese as fuck.

Weapon drops, at least the way they are in APB, are bad and quite honestly shouldn't be in any mode, much less FC.

you know that this weapon drop system is different from the one we had before right? this one completely overwrites the gun you are holding, by actually replacing the gun in your hands, so you can swith between guns and use it as if its your own, rather than having 2 primary guns at once

many people dont seem to realize this

• Like 2

I voted no, as a daily FC player. It's a dumb fucking mechanic, it does not need to be anywhere else than the other dumb fucking RIOT mode. (both garbage additions to the game btw)

RIOT is a mess. How can you push such a BROKEN game-mode to the live servers? You've been working on this for months and it is garbage. We're suppose to believe that 3.5 will come out soon, with the only proof that you can do anything being ... RIOT... lmao

Edited by iRawwwN

what's the point of buying premium weapons then? @MattScott

i could just steal them from other players and play with them, bad decision imo

• Like 1

In mission districts ill take a hard pass on weapon drops, in fightclubs, maybe. FC feels fairly detached from regular missions and is a whole lot of crazyness anyways so, maybe.

I mean its not like you tested this at all....

#sarcasm

Fine with it, except for legendary and loyalty weapons. People have spent a great deal of money to obtain these.

I have not considered such a proposal . first think need to .

Just now, Farbon Ciber said:

Fine with it, except for legendary and loyalty weapons. People have spent a great deal of money to obtain these.

the chance that you will kill your own weapon in the fighting club is not great . maybe low silver , bronze will have a chance to get their 200 JT

1 hour ago, Rolpack said:

you know that this weapon drop system is different from the one we had before right? this one completely overwrites the gun you are holding, by actually replacing the gun in your hands, so you can swith between guns and use it as if its your own, rather than having 2 primary guns at once

many people dont seem to realize this

I did not, as I have not logged in, thanks.

Still, I really don't see how it fits in FC well.