StunStick

Riot is not very good.

Do you like this game mode?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like RIOT?

I'm really not sure where to start here. Please take note that this is MY OPINION. You don't have to agree with me.

Riot.

What a waste of time. I genuinely have no idea why you spent any man hours on this mode. It's literally just a crappy BR ripoff that doesn't add anything of value to an oversaturated and dying genre of games. RIOT doesn't even play to this game's strengths at all, in fact, it makes this game's shortcomings even more obvious. The mode takes ages to start, so you have to wait 3-4 minutes to play a game that may last 5 minutes, and then the majority of those 5 minutes are spent running around. Then, when you eventually die, you get to respawn.... miles away from the safe area, so you can't make it back anyway.

Why don't I jump in a car? Oh wait, I can't, there aren't any cars in this game mode.

Oh, I maybe I can have fun with the weapons I've collected through countless hours of gameplay? Oh wait, I can't use my own weapons unless I pay the same money I need to respawn.

Maybe they made the map better to handle the new game mode? Nope, they added all these pointless barriers that make getting to the safe zone EVEN SLOWER. 

Maybe I can jump over them? NOPE too high.

Maybe I can find something to boost me up so I can get over them quickly. NOPE, nothing at all.

Well, maybe they made the map smaller to increase the likelihood that players can interact with one another. Nope. it's still massive.

Who thought this was a good idea? Who greenlit this? What a disappointment, I am very disappointed.

I wish you guys had just improved Fight Club instead of adding this nonsense to the game.

Some ideas: 

Make it so that on respawn your hazmat suit lasts until you make it to a safe zone.

OR

Let us climb into civilian cars so we can get to the safe zone in a reasonable amount of time.

OR 

Make it so that you cannot spawn so far away from the safe zone that you cannot reach it before dying.

REMOVE THOSE BARRIERS.

OR

Use them to make the map smaller. 

Shorten the time before the game starts, rounds should start VERY quickly.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

My thing though is why is the contaminated area literally so bright that it hurts my damn eyes to look at the screen. 

Edited by Guest

Even a zombie mode would be much better, i really wanted one ;(

33 minutes ago, a Pair of Socks said:

My thing though is why is the contaminated area literally so bright that it hurts my damn eyes to look at the screen. 

Because its contaminated... ofc it will hurt ur eyes, smart one.

• Like 1

I don't really feel like RIOT is much of a BR game. It's an APB game mode at heart, and in many respects still plays like APB. I don't think it's going to capture any audience that weren't already drawn to APB. It's a neat mode for sure, and has a lot more polish and effort than the various Anarchy configurations we saw over the years (Which I suppose were all just proto-RIOT modes in a way). Ultimately though, it's probably a lot less interesting than just standard Action Districts, which is where APB really shines. I can't see the mode sustaining a decent population for very long unless the game as a whole sees a load of players returning - at best it can hope to hold Fight Club numbers, but right now it's competing with Action and Fight Club for player numbers and frankly I don't think it's got the appeal to do so.

It's still much the same as the rest of the game: Dense and difficult to get into if you're completely new to the game. If you're skilled and do well in mission districts, you're going to perform well in RIOT as well, and I don't think someone experienced in other BR games would have any advantage here whatsoever.

Edited by Lord Cashpoint
  • Like 1

Actually thought it would be worse when I tried OTW. The mode isn't that bad on live, but I still think it should be a seasonal thing like the halloween districts and such. The spawn system is awful and the fact that matches don't show the actual timer and end abruptly, sometimes not even spawning the bribe van, kills it for me. I get that it's a BETA but they had so much time to prepare it and the mode still doesn't even work half the times.

LO, it's time to call it quits on RIOT and focus on what actually matters: engine upgrade, matchmaking and progression.

We already have great games for battle royale, and tons of garbage knockoff ones. We don't need another.

messy mode, def not worth a year of dev time

good for monetization tho, im def buying riot passes for tokens because there's no way im playing this mode regularly enough to get the rewards for free

not fun and very confusing to play

And u got to grind 5 levels for the skin...

spawns bad , teaming system bad , often crashing game , many bugs....

please ...

6 hours ago, BlueB said:

Even a zombie mode would be much better, i really wanted one ;(

Because its contaminated... ofc it will hurt ur eyes, smart one.

What is this CoD? Hell nuh, Nor is this CS so please just no.....

Edited by ɱɑƫƫʂϗᎧɨɨ™

I wanted to like it but, I didnt. 😞

Theres bound to be bugs since they did say it is not quite the fist season yet.

CookiePuss mentioned the details of what he knows on other threads

I personally do not remember the details

I didn't dislike it, but it certainly needs more tweaking. Maybe faster health recovery and ability to revive knocked/stunned team-mates.

It's low-key fun until the game crashes on you. Definitely not polished enough.

Because then you not only have to wait for players you have to basically restart the game in-between matches and that is certainly not fun

Edited by jerycho

It's ok. Definitely need some more work and tweaking. I think it was a good try by LO, but it looks like they are still having some trouble to master the game codes and all that stuff.

It's a pointless game mode that had no business being made. It's taken dev time away from more important things, like Engine Upgrade™ and content for the actual game.

Same as Fight Club, which GamersFirst/Reloaded pushed out in a similarly broken state and then (mostly) fixed up over multiple years.

Imagine where we'd be with this game if the devs would just prioritize the things that actually matter...

• Thanks 1

It was a little more fun than I expected tbh, and I don't personally see it as much of a BR.  One of the main things about BRs is that you can't respawn and the only objective is to survive till the end as an individual, and the map boundaries shrink.  Riot only has the shrinking map which in itself is unique to BRs because the players choose what areas get closed down.  So for that reason I don't think it should be advertised as a BR.  I really want some cars though, and for the burned out shells of cars to have physics so you can push them out of the way.  I don't think the current iteration of Riot is very good at all, but I can see it becoming good with some major tweaking.  

I want to say  I like it but that's kinda hard to do when you spawn a few miles into a contaminated zone with only 30 seconds to get out of it and no vehicles in sight.

We should make LO listen and chant RIOT into a Turf War area control game mode, like on Planetside 2, It would fit APB way more.