bentobox

Thanks for riot update

4 hours ago, bentobox said:

1. ban advance launcher

2. add a screen recap death cam, so you can see how you died. last 3 seconds.

3. add tournaments where the prize is a wep box or something from the armas store.

1. Are you joking??? 

2. Would be cool. But there are other things that needs to get done first.

3. sure.... APB is E-sports ready lol

2 hours ago, MartisLTU said:

Ikr... I got my PC at 2016 for nearly 700 $ and i don't need advance launcher. Tho players with better PC needs advance launcher.

i built my PC for APB in 2010 and still works 100% perfectly on full. Anyone who is playing APB on low settings ARE being pandered to. 

3 hours ago, ZoriaDunne said:

Buy a good PC guys, it's 2019, who the hell needs advance launcher...

want to buy me a new processor since mine was defective when it released and it didn't manifest until warranty ran out? if not, don't tell me to just "buy a new PC", i have a thing called responsibilities, i have many other things to spend my money on than a new processor.

If you've played APB for any length of time you should know by now how poorly optimized the game is, and how even on newer rigs the game can run like garbage.

Here is the benchmark data for my rig, as well as the system specs:

oxh5KsT.png

Luckily Matt knows what some players seem to not... that to remove advanced launcher at this time would be catastrophic.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ohshii said:

200-300 dollars for 2 bags of cans? bullllllshhhiiiiiittt!! lol

I would make a living from that xD

Riot has all kinds of issues, as expected. Often when you push 5 it won't use your hazmat consumable even when it gives you the notification. This really destroys the game mode since it's pretty important if you want to survive. On top of that, you often respawn in contaminated areas without being anywhere near a safe zone. Pretty weak game mode so far.

Edited by SODO-ME

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

Here is the benchmark data for my rig, as well as the system specs: <picture>

What is that config? the third one, where can I get one of those?

Here my specs :

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

8.0 GB

Windows 10

5 hours ago, BrandonBranderson said:

lol.  The game doesn't perform well enough for most people to do this yet.  Besides it doesn't give any advantage to those that do use it.  The only people who say the advanced launcher should be banned are those that haven't used it themselves.

I've used it myself and i think it should be banned. Most people using it aren't using it because they are on trash PCs. They are using it because they are too simple to shoot people without the game looking like it's on n64. It definitely does come with advantages. 

2 minutes ago, Signarly said:

I've used it myself and i think it should be banned. Most people using it aren't using it because they are on trash PCs. They are using it because they are too simple to shoot people without the game looking like it's on n64. It definitely does come with advantages. 

Well Matt disagrees and he owns the game, so tough nuts.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Signarly said:

Okay I really don't know why people keep pretending that AAPBL doesn't increase the FPS significantly for literally ANY build. People with beast computers are playing APB with potato graphics because the FPS increase is significant across the board. Doesn't matter what machine you're running it on, APB is unoptimized for newer hardware, so it runs like shit on pretty much everything.

Also, loads of players (especially in FPS/TPS communities) prioritize performance over quality. If you want to play your game at max settings and struggle to maintain 60-80 fps WITH stutters and random lag, you can. If LO understands that G1 left behind a mess of a game, and allows it's players to do whatever necessary to make their APB experience stable and playable, you shouldn't have a problem with it.

5 hours ago, BrandonBranderson said:

The game doesn't perform well enough for most people to do this yet.

seriously? This was true 5 years ago, but if you still don't have a pc that can easily run APB, then thats on you.

• Like 1

lol.. no one read passed advance launcher this is gold... APB attention retention.

Maybe 1 did.

Anyways, was more along the lines, of personal opinion I have used the advance launcher. The reason why I think it should be banned, is because the default settings don't have them.

If Advance launcher should be the new Low Settings, that is fine. But any modified client or load should be a "no".

As far as roll back to screen cap the last 3 seconds before you die, honestly I think it would remove a lot of the people OMG.. you hacked. If they actually see that you were walking down the middle of the street, and got hit with a sniper rifle. [remove some of the false hackusations ]

The third one, ya E Sport APB would be neat to see, but who knows man... I been asking for that since 2004.

Edited by bentobox
Incomplete shit garbage post.

10 hours ago, bentobox said:

1. ban advance launcher

I use advanced launcher because of a unique lag issue that I continously experience. I can easily run the game at a constant 100fps, regardless of graphical settings. However, there is a random lag spike that results in the game freezing for a few seconds, sometimes up to a minute. With the advanced launcher however, the lag only lasts for under a second and occurs less frequently.

Banning something like the advanced launcher is a stupid thing to do. If you want people to stop using certain software like this, then you must look at what the software is offering that improves the experience of your game. And let's be honest, the graphical settings in the game are incredibly poor and need to be expanded upon.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Well Matt disagrees and he owns the game, so tough nuts.

I mean I'm sure no one on here including me actually thinks their opinion on a game forum is enough to change matts mind, but then again some of you guys are still here playing the game daily so I'm sure some of the people here arent in the right state of mind. I stated an opinion because we're on the forum for discussion not because I expected Matt to change it.

I tried out Riot yesterday and today. Today about halfway into the first match APB crashed my high end PC. No more APB for me until the mythical engine upgrade comes so I could really careless if they ban the launcher or not.

Just dont act like dumbing down the game to where everyone and everything looks like play dough doesn't give an advantage. Atleast own up to being a scrub.

17 minutes ago, Signarly said:

Just dont act like dumbing down the game to where everyone and everything looks like play dough doesn't give an advantage. Atleast own up to being a scrub.

ah yes the advantage of having more, stable fps - the mark of scrubs all across the world

6 hours ago, Seedy said:

this..

We need a good engine and if you can run it on a q6600 with onboard graphics then that's a total bonus.

38 minutes ago, Signarly said:

One thing most anti AL /config people have in common is misinformation. To start, here is a screenshot of my in game, full config graphics:

QwctmVR.jpg

So to start, "making everything look like play dough" this does not.

Again I will post my benchmarks taken using the benchmarking feature included with MSI Afterburner (the same benchmarking tool used to test 3.5).

oxh5KsT.png

As you can see, running stock APB with my rig means frame drops as low as 0.2 FPS. Thats basically a complete freeze up once the shooting starts.

This is unplayable. This is a disadvantage that makes playing APB impossible.

From there I went to the advanced launcher and after about a year of tweaking that I was able to achieve the next set of benchmarking stats with drops as low as 32.5 FPS once the shooting starts. This means going from smooth gameplay to stuttery nonsense once the shooting starts. That is to say IT PUT ME AT A DISADVANTAGE IN EVERY FIREFIGHT AGAINST PLAYERS WHO DID NOT SUFFER THESE DROPS IN FRAMERATE.

Still frustrated I finally looked into creating a custom config. Using some of the changes made by players like Tobii, Frosi, Dopefish, and Flaws (many many thanks to you guys for your hard work) I was able to get an understanding of exactly which changes were having the most impact on my performance. After another year of trial and error changes I finally settled on my current config, and finally can experience APB without the annoying stutters and drops in framerate (never dropping below 70.4 FPS) and for the first time ever I was able to enjoy APB without being at a DISADVANTAGE every time I got into a firefight.

So while I may or may not be a scrub, the decision to customize my game is CLEARLY more about removing disadvantages than creating advantages.

• Thanks 1

I never wanted to make this a f%#@$% advance launcher thing. 

The only reason why I listed was because if your going to have something that everyone  seems to be using it, LO should set it to the default and move on.

I am gold, I don't run advance launcher, never had any lag issues, game is constant 60 fps.

Running game on a

phenom II X6 1100T 3.3ghz

nvidia gtx 780 3gb

16gb of ram

My point of saying remove a tool, but implement something that fixes the other users issues.

Having a different config and allowing texture files or game files in general to be modified should be banned. This just leaves a unfillable hole to cheating.

There's nothing wrong here. while advanced launcher is a thing, certain pcs wont even be able to get a decent frame rate without it. @MattScott Even stated advanced launcher may not even be needed anymore because upon the new engine release we will have the ability to change about the same amount in the in-game settings anyway possibly more. All @CookiePuss is stating is that there has been a substantial update to the improve optimization of the game whether its from base game settings or ini's something has been happening.

Edited by IRyanI