DonBlack

Changes to hazmat suit in RIOT

Hazmat suit poll  

29 members have voted

1. 1. What changes do you want to see to the hazmat suit in RIOT?

• Cooldown dropped to 30s
    • Cooldown dropped to 30s and max amount of 2
    • Cooldown dropped to 30s and max amount of 1
    • Cooldown removed and max amount of 1
    • No change

I think many people don't like the hazmat suits current state. What would you change?

i’m not really sure there’s a good answer here

ideally players shouldn’t be spawning in any location that’s further then 150-200m from a safe area

ideally there shouldn’t be a cooldown (before and after hazmat use) that can be “exploited” for more time without toxin damage

ideally players shouldn’t be able to last so long inside toxic areas

ideally there shouldn’t be 4 or 5 hazmat suits at every pickup location, it should be a rare(ish) item that allows a lucky player to get an edge over others

ideally hazmat suits (and every other pickup) shouldn’t spawn in the exact same place every riot match 

so without all these other fixes, i’d say just drop the cooldown to 30 seconds

Seems more of a spawn issue than an issue with the suits themselves

Edited by CookiePuss
  • Like 1

I'd go with the option that isn't there. Increase cooldown to 60 seconds, remove duration, have it immediately fall off when you leave the gas zone.

Also to go with this, convert consumables into yellow mods (and adjust their balance accordingly).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hexerin said:

I'd go with the option that isn't there. Increase cooldown to 60 seconds, remove duration, have it immediately fall off when you leave the gas zone.

Also to go with this, convert consumables into yellow mods (and adjust their balance accordingly).

But then you could stay in the gas forever

The difficulty is finding a balance where the suit can be useful without being too useful.

Imagine bribing the driver in the last round only to disappear into the gas, spamming hazmat suits until the round is over.

Part of the mode is paying attention to which blocks are closing, and trying to keep yourself from being in a position to be trapped by the gas, spawn or not.

13 minutes ago, DonBlack said:

But then you could stay in the gas forever

Add a second stage to gas zones that cause them to damage you through your suit. Just one example of how that could be dealt with.

1 minute ago, Hexerin said:

Add a second stage to gas zones that cause them to damage you through your suit. Just one example of how that could be dealt with.

wouldnt that bring us right back to where we are now, with people incorrectly spawning in "double gassed" zones and dying before they can get out?

1 hour ago, Glaciers said:

wouldnt that bring us right back to where we are now, with people incorrectly spawning in "double gassed" zones and dying before they can get out?

You aren't going to fix that by adjusting the suit. That requires them to fix spawning itself. I'm specifically talking about using the suit for the purposes of getting from one safe zone to another while alive in the first place. Far too often the way the match plays out leaves you in a random safe zone with an arming gasser, with the nearest next safe zone multiple zones away... making it either impossible to escape to safety, or leaving you borderline dead and just getting picked off by some random person the moment you step out of the gas.

Reduce spawn rate of hazmats, remove or reduce cooldown to a low value (like 10 seconds) and limit carrying amount to 2 or 3. Often it's pointless to carry so many.

• Like 1

Remove weapons and the option to sprint, whoever gets to the van first wins

I don't even want to use my character to use that suit, thats why apb has customization.

2 hours ago, Hexerin said:

I'm specifically talking about using the suit for the purposes of getting from one safe zone to another while alive in the first place. Far too often the way the match plays out leaves you in a random safe zone with an arming gasser, with the nearest next safe zone multiple zones away... making it either impossible to escape to safety, or leaving you borderline dead and just getting picked off by some random person the moment you step out of the gas.

yeah it wouldnt solve this either, because those "multiple zones" are already closed and double gassed so having permanent hazmat suit isnt going to help you go through them

just me or does this mode not "feel like apb"? making me miss Anarchy again.

(drop the cooldown to 30)

Useing a suit and still dieing to gas isn't any fun.

3 hours ago, Zolerox said:

just me or does this mode not "feel like apb"? making me miss Anarchy again.

(drop the cooldown to 30)

Useing a suit and still dieing to gas isn't any fun.

It feels like a Chinese knockoff battle royale.