BrandonBranderson

Old details that have been lost to time [Image heavy]

It's not that I think the old login screen is the absolute best I just think it's way better than the dragged out one we have now. It was quick and didn't have you spamming ESC to hurry up and get to the buffer so you can pick your character and then buffer to another screen before fighting for the last spot on a district.. The music with voice lines in the background was far better too and wasn't annoying my 5th time hearing it.

9 hours ago, BrandonBranderson said:

This thread is more or less kind of a reference for visual details that have been removed or changed over the years.  Or for nostalgia.  If I forget anything, or if I'm wrong about something then post it below.

Another reason I'm posting this is because I don't know how familiar the current team is with the old game, and I hope that they at least use it as a reference for the night time visuals if they rework them for 3.5.

High Quality "Star" Bloom

On the left is the normal blobby bloom that we're left with nowadays, on the right is the high quality bloom.

81eEx.pngfFeHDo1.png

Tire Smoke

A few years ago, G1 decided to remove most of the smoke that tires would kick up when drifting or doing a burnout.  They claimed it was to improve performance, but like most of their optimization efforts, it didn't make a difference.

mqdefault.jpg

Bullet Tracers

Removed "temporarily". -said G1.

nyKQSnm.jpg

Blue Muzzle Flash

G1 claimed it caused conflict with the weapon skin system they had just implemented.  But a dev had later teased at possibly bringing them back and potentially with more colors available.

4k7jgn4.jpg

Old Login Screen

Needs no explanation.  Behold its beauty.

Clouds used to be more visible

Now they are mostly obscured by bloom which makes them a lot harder to see.  You can barely even tell they move anymore.  There's certain times of the day though where bloom decides to stop working properly and the sky can be seen better.  

-Edit-

These first few pictures are of RTW vs Current.  Night time was WAY too bright in RTW.

l07KQXr.jpgq8YyXGf.jpg80ab19bdaf6cca546c78224fe26df443.jpg

Minor weather changes

There used to be a chance for each day to either be clear or cloudy and overcast with heavier fog and over all more grey.

APB_Reloaded_2.jpg.jpg2011-12-09_00003.jpg

Light Pollution

Yeah, it's that one that I always complain about it being changed.  Couldn't go without mentioning it.  Really it's just orange tinted fog, but at one point they decided to make night darker by turning the light pollution black.  You know, because cities absorb and trap light, not emit it.

apb-reloaded-v191-2011-pc-rus_4.jpg5528257510_42e8d6e2b3_b.jpgGame+Tips+And+More+Screenshot+-+APB+2011maxresdefault.jpg

Driving camera sway

The camera used to have a little bit of weight to it when driving and would provide a better sense of speed.  It was a very subtle effect, but it was nice regardless.  G1 doesn't seem to know that this effect existed because when people reported it, they said the video provided was edited.

APB used to be good.

17 minutes ago, a Pair of Socks said:

APB used to be good.

holy fuck.... could've said that without quoting main thread in it's full length lmao...

Edited by Snubnose
  • Like 3

I miss these > High Quality "Star" Bloom , Tire Smoke , Bullet Tracers , Old Login Screen , Clouds more visible and Minor weather changes.

I swear I am the only one that actually prefers the 'current' shaders rather than the old RTW ones.

The game i used to love so much. It looked and sounded great.

How could they break this masterpiece so much, how degenerates. And they expect me not to be really mad.

5 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

I swear I am the only one that actually prefers the 'current' shaders rather than the old RTW ones.

Yes.  The current ones look gross and cold.  I'm not a fan of the true RTW ones, but I love the early G1 ones.

On 6/12/2019 at 11:07 PM, Snubnose said:

holy fuck.... could've said that without quoting main thread in it's full length lmao...

Im lazy and temp banned so I dont care

On 6/12/2019 at 12:22 PM, iRawwwN said:

Old Login

Blue Muzzle Flash

Old Shaders

Tracers

that is all I want

+1 TIRES!!!!!!

Honestly I think it be a better method of monetization, color flash muzzles, and custom bullet traces. I'd Buy!

Edited by bentobox
Incomplete shit garbage post.