Sign in to follow this  
BrandonBranderson

A change to weapon reskins

I'd like a new way for APB to handle reskins.  Currently my inventory is a mess with all of the different reskins there are for guns.  A way I figure we could cut down on this clutter and open up some inventory space is if reskinned weapons were condensed down into their base weapon.  This would remove duplicate weapons from the inventory when their only difference is the mesh.  To do this I'd like to suggest a 2nd drop down menu right next to the normal Skin drop down.  Of course any pre-modded guns will be kept in the inventory as separate items, but all guns that are just a base gun with a different mesh will be added to the new drop down.  The sound effects would be tied to each model.  So if you have a base Ntec, and swap the model out for a CR-5, it'll also switch the Ntec's audio to the CR-5's audio.

• Like 3

I completely agree, not sure how they'd go about current inventories though. I doubt they'd want to go around deleting weapons from individual accounts, and I don't think they have a way to do that on the scale required.

17 hours ago, Leefekyn said:

I completely agree, not sure how they'd go about current inventories though. I doubt they'd want to go around deleting weapons from individual accounts, and I don't think they have a way to do that on the scale required.

Good point, maybe they could just leave the deleting up to the players then.  They could just give us a heads up that it's ok to delete the non-base versions of a weapon, and possibly make it so the base versions could not be deleted if they're permanent.