I-Reaper-I

Faction Locked PvE Instances

Right, I have been playing this game for about 5 years now and have just recently returned after a long while. Unfortunately I haven't seen much change in the game just yet but I would like to see an idea added to the game that "in my opinion" would make a huge difference in bringing new players into the game.

So my proposition is: Faction Locked PvE instances with AI enemies. Purely for practice reasons.

How it works:
Simple. New instances would be generated for both Enforcers and Criminals each, that are basically PvE instances with AI enemies. People entering these districts, would have a few benefits as well as drawbacks while there.

This would show up in the basic selector as "practice district" or "training district".

BENEFITS:

1.) All weapons and modifications are unlocked while in the district (not ARMAS exclusives, any owned ARMAS items are carried over to the district.)
Players would have one of each weapons unlocked in their inventory, along with all modifications for use. This will allow new players to test out the guns and work on developing a playstyle they see fit best for them. This would also help seasoned veterans who want to experiment with new combinations of mods and weapons or practice their preferred playstyle.

2.) You only get matched against AI enemies.
The best way to learn the ropes for new players in my honest opinion is playing against AIs. Just like Rainbow Six: Siege, CS:GO and many other games that have introduced offline practice, this would hugely benefit new players for learning to play without the negative experience the current state of the game would bring for them. Seasoned veterans can also team up with their friends/clan to work on new strategies and tactics to become better and better against the rival opposition.

3.) All ammunition comes free.
This will correlate with a drawback of this idea, but basically all ammo is free and never runs out. This eliminates the need to spend cash on ammo in practice instances.

DRAWBACKS:

1.) No cash or standing earned after missions.
Since this would be just a practice instance, we don't want to give the incentive to people to stay on these instances forever. Therefore cash and standing should be disabled here altogether.

2.) Threat level is not affected by these instances.
In any way, Threat level should not be affected in practice instances, since the sole purpose of this mode is to train yourself, hone your skills, get to know the map better and get the feel for the weapons and cars in the game.

This is all I can think of at the moment, but I believe that adding this mod to the game, would not be a huge task first of all (Just gotta license a decent AI plug-in for enemies, and create new instances that are faction-locked with a few changes and tweaks) and it would greatly benefit all players of this game and would bring a lot of new players in too.

@MattScott I would appreciate if this idea was looked into and at least considered for future implementation, I cannot think of a better way to make the game more friendly and welcome to newcomers as well as experienced players.

Of course this idea is open for criticism and suggestions, so if any of you have any more ideas to lay down or have anything that might need changing, it's open to interpretation.

Thank you for reading and hoping to see this make it into the game. 😄

Edited by I-Reaper-I
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

mhm.. interesting.

While i would like to se that into the game, i don't really know how that could be something in APB honestly.

There wasn't really based AI enemies at all.

On 6/11/2019 at 12:14 AM, AlishaAzure said:

mhm.. interesting.

While i would like to se that into the game, i don't really know how that could be something in APB honestly.

There wasn't really based AI enemies at all.

It would be a nice change. I'm pretty sure if LO purchased the license for a decent AI plug-in then they can just use that to implement AI enemies. They could also just take the AI of the NPCs and tweak it. Add seek & eliminate functions, arm them, give them equal health to player health and set accuracry rating to like 80% or something.

It's doable, sure there is some core rework required to be done, but it is doable and I hope with the new Unreal 4.0 game engine, they will get better support for SDK that will actually allow them to implement such a feature.

Edited by I-Reaper-I

no cash???

well i know this much playing an ENF a lot..

there are times when as an ENFORCER to get cash you have NO CHOICE but to do missions, or wait for a crim to collect a substantial amount from his daily criminal non-mission life. then witness him

not many do the ram raiding nor muggins.

so you really have no choice but to do missions.

my biggest thing is this...more often then i care to speak about i and other ENFORCERS get shut out on missions.

which means we get 0 cash, 0 points and 0 standings. in back 2 back 2 back 2 back 2 back 2 back missions. A FREAKING LOT

this had its draw backs... alot of ENF. only players have quit the game.

i started another thread on PVE for cash only. unfortunately that had very little reads and 1 commit from an idiot that wants to keep the pop low  

1 hour ago, cyral said:

no cash???

well i know this much playing an ENF a lot..

there are times when as an ENFORCER to get cash you have NO CHOICE but to do missions, or wait for a crim to collect a substantial amount from his daily criminal non-mission life. then witness him

not many do the ram raiding nor muggins.

so you really have no choice but to do missions.

my biggest thing is this...more often then i care to speak about i and other ENFORCERS get shut out on missions.

which means we get 0 cash, 0 points and 0 standings. in back 2 back 2 back 2 back 2 back 2 back missions. A FREAKING LOT

this had its draw backs... alot of ENF. only players have quit the game.

i started another thread on PVE for cash only. unfortunately that had very little reads and 1 commit from an idiot that wants to keep the pop low  

Yeah there is also fight club, making your own merch and selling it on the marketplace (I earned a fair amount with that, have some designs I made, people bought it because they liked it). These are already 2 more options in which way you can make money.

And money is subjective, you only buy leased weapons and ammo with it, that are all very cheap, sure cars maybe a bit expensive but once you bought it you own it.

The point is... If people were allowed to make cash in a practice instance, they would never leave. Conclusion: PvP instances (with the exception of FC maybe) would be totally empty at all times, thus ruining the already broken matchmaking for other, more competitive players.

Well, I really like this Idea! I mean yea the game isn't there for an PVE part. But why not ? People always complain about changes, cause they don't know how it will turn out. But as soon as they get used to it, they think it's an great addtion.

1 hour ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Stop with the PvE/AI/Bots meme.

It's not a meme, multiple games use PvE game modes to help people train and practice in the game. 😄

Why do you adamantly want this game to remain a PvP only game, where new players are thrown into the deep water straight away, surrounded by sharks (premades and highly skilled veterans)?
Just so they can quit instantly and this game can remain the trollzone of very toxic players?

What you don't understand is that my suggestion is trying to help new players have a more friendly and welcoming experience in the game by not necessarily throwing them against gold meta heroes who will smash them over and over and even throw in a few insults... Which happens to be a huge part of this game sadly. Let new players have the choice. 

• Thanks 2

I'll relate to what happened to me along with a nice handful of other Enforcers 2 years ago..

I ONLY play an ENF... I don't have a crim rolled yet...until they change the policy on NO shared CASH between char. on the same acct. then ill stay ENF.

NOW PAY ATTENTION AND READ EVERY LINE BEFORE you tell me 2 "GET GUD" I'm so sick of reading that 1 line from all you "Experts" that have little to 0 skills yourselves.

I started with a nice size group of ENF only players, about 20 of us in all.

Their's maybe about 5 of us left from that group.

We stayed T's for about a month in the game. Always using the Green Districts. Now you would think we had a little help??? HELL NO..

We ALL worked the Tort like mad 2 improve our skills. 

But we had our drawbacks and didn't know or had players willing to help us threw em.

IN THE GREEN DIST. we started getting these mass DETHREATERS in there hard.. People DELIBERATELY lowered their threat level to BRONZE just to get in there. 

Now for about 6 Months i stayed green... only playing in the green dist.

These"skilled idiots" came in and used us to "test" their new toys on us.

these toys are as follows and more......EXPLOSIVE WEAPS....MEDUSAS.....OGRES.....any and all ARMAS GUNS...

I was polite when they all started racking up MAJOR kills in EVERY FREAKIN MISSION.

when we saw these weaps we knew they 'individual" was gonna rack up a kill streak of 25-30 before they went down 1 time.

on the cash side they made about 10k per mission.If not more.Not bad for about 10 minutes worth of work on true noobs.

Back then it wasn't uncommon to see a player go from Bronze to  Gold status in the matter of minutes in the greens doing this method.

After all this, I personally watched a HEALTHY Decline of players in the greens. At the time i didn't know that they actually QUIT the game in favor of 1 that allows some protection for newbees.

Now after 6 months my personal threat changed from Green to Bronze.... And that's where its been ever sense....Not silver...DEFINITELY NEVER BEEN GOLD....I don't have the "Big Deal" Achievement....

When  I finally made it to the Bronze Dist. low and behold I see the same freakin individuals doing the same things there...But this time their maintaining their threat of Silver and Gold status. But yet even 2 this day they Dethreat to re-log back in the bronze districts on a daily basis...

and in this thread ZOMBIE looks like 2 me 1 of them "individuals" that are of a low skilled Gold that needs the low skilled bronzies 2 torment and harass for his pay-check.

Now i personally do missions that i feel are playable 2 my skill level..

Do I get reported daily for Griefing???

Yea I do... no less then 30 times a day...by the same people who want/need 2 stay in the bronze districts harassing people like me..

Is it frustrating??

Sure as hell is...

Fight Club you asked about....

Don't have the skills necessary to compete there...last time i was there i personally went 0/0/25.. guess what??? 0  freakin cash or points...

so that's out of the question...

Grouping with others you might ask next to help me with my skills????

I did that at 1 point and time only to be on the receiving end of being TEAMKILLED a FREAKIN LOT... by the same individuals that needed 2 log out and relog back in the next day to the same dist. Now I don't team with any 1.,....

Do I get a ton of Grief from players on this???

yes I do...they even use the "Suicide" bug to keep me dead... not to mention when i get in missions majority of the District purposefully MISSION BLOCK me by repeatedly raming what ever car I'm using to "Suicide" me.

But im a die hard fan of this game... 

After 2 years 1 would think i have a nice fat bank acct. 

No I don't...my in-game creds stay below 100k..

I might get credit and creds for maybe 3 missions out of every 50 I play.

All my current opponents love this...cause they walk out of these same missions with about 5k each...not bad for 5 minutes worth of game time.

I don't even have a GROWL because of this....The very 1st 4 slot car any 1 above rank 20 can buy.

I really would love 2 buy 1 and mod it myself, instead of some 1 giving me 1...

That's it for me and why I and others like me Support a PVE environment to APB...

I only want the cash, no standing at all...

• Like 1

On 6/12/2019 at 8:25 PM, cyral said:

when we saw these weaps we knew they 'individual" was gonna rack up a kill streak of 25-30 before they went down 1 time.

Even if you shoot someone down once, you will get a nice sum at the end of the mission, with premium, it's somewhere around $1k which is not bad, considering you are not wasting your bullets on vain efforts.

Plus I just started a new crim character and I have already made about $120k organically (I also got lucky with JMBs from loyalty rewards that got me 2 legendaries and after selling them, I am now at $1.2mil lol), after about 30 hours of gameplay. It's really not that hard to make cash in this game. Sure dethreaters are an issue, but kill one only once and then give up on the mission. You didn't waste your bullets and you still get a good amount for your efforts.

EDIT: You know actually, empty servers should allow you to still get into missions, so when there are empty instances at late night or early morning, you can just do missions, after like a minute of waiting to be matchmaked. If there is no one else, you will get into a solo missions, complete the objectives and get the standard amount for it, which is around $200 and 200 standing without premium, sure it's not much, but it's honest work lol.

Don't have the skills necessary to compete there...last time i was there i personally went 0/0/25.. guess what??? 0  freakin cash or points...

I cannot for the life of me believe, that you can't kill anybody (not even ASSIST) in an FC where you could literally backstab a dozen players while they are fighting someone else. No matter how bad you are, you are going to get at least ONE KILL.

After 2 years 1 would think i have a nice fat bank acct. 

No I don't...my in-game creds stay below 100k..

Maybe LO instead should add purchasable in-game credits to the ARMAS marketplace. That way you get your nice fat bank acct and LO gets monetary support from die hard fans so they can finally bring out the EU, more content and revive this game.

That's it for me and why I and others like me Support a PVE environment to APB...

Same conclusion as before. I certainly don't want to encourage most people to stick to PvE instances for any sort of money making, it's there to practice and improve skills to then compete against other players and earn your reward. You don't get exp in CS:GO when going into an offline practice session, yet people don't fuzzy bunny about it.

My suggestion is to ensure that new players and veterans alike have a training ground to use, while not eliminating the core aspect of the game. It would further segregate people and servers would probably be constantly empty because people prefer to make money on the predictable AI rather than challenge other enemies.

Sure I have 1.6k hours in this game and I would consider myself a decent player, on par with some of the golds, I win and lose here and there, but I still manage to profit from missions, it's really not that difficult. This game is made in a way that even the one who pulls the short end of the straw everytime, benefits at least a little bit from it.

I had several missions where I was the worst because I got steam-rolled by true golds. I still earned enough money to recover from the loss.

Edited by I-Reaper-I

Ok now I'm a take your entire argument and destroy it...

On 6/15/2019 at 11:04 PM, I-Reaper-I said:

EDIT: You know actually, empty servers should allow you to still get into missions, so when there are empty instances at late night or early morning, you can just do missions, after like a minute of waiting to be matchmaked. If there is no one else, you will get into a solo missions, complete the objectives and get the standard amount for it, which is around $200 and 200 standing without premium, sure it's not much, but it's honest work lol.

I've literally tried this method a dozen times...Doesn't work...No solo missions in empty districts. I've sat in Waterfront for almost 2 hours without anybody else there "Ked" up and got nothing 

Even if you shoot someone down once, you will get a nice sum at the end of the mission, with premium, it's somewhere around $1k which is not bad, considering you are not wasting your bullets on vain efforts.

I'm litterly  the worst shot in this game. so i do waste a ton of ammo that cannot be replaced that easy.and gettting the kill....doesn't happpen for me that easy...I'm constantly getting sniped out by no less then 3 people every time I die. which causes the game to crash...it doesn't know who to give the cred to for killing me nor who to give the assist 2.

. Sure dethreaters are an issue, but kill one only once and then give up on the mission. You didn't waste your bullets and you still get a good amount for your efforts.

This is my current method of gameplay...doesn't work,I still only get about 20-50 creds for the kill... nothing more

Sure I have 1.6k hours in this game and I would consider myself a decent player, on par with some of the golds, I win and lose here and there, but I still manage to profit from missions, it's really not that difficult. This game is made in a way that even the one who pulls the short end of the straw everytime, benefits at least a little bit from it.

I had several missions where I was the worst because I got steam-rolled by true golds. I still earned enough money to recover from the loss.

I decided to take these 2 points as a whole...

You have more hours in the game then i do, and i can almost bet the farm you have more then 15k kills under your belt.

I currently have right at 1150 hours in this game with a kill count of only 3856, along with 6800 Joker tickets...

I cannot for the life of me believe, that you can't kill anybody (not even ASSIST) in an FC where you could literally backstab a dozen players while they are fighting someone else. No matter how bad you are, you are going to get at least ONE KILL.

u have never seen me in the game then to say this... when their on(which is rarley now) i do team-up w/ a few people that do try and help me getting a few kills (or in my case arrest) in during the normal missions... 

Plus I just started a new crim character and I have already made about $120k organically (I also got lucky with JMBs from loyalty rewards that got me 2 legendaries and after selling them, I am now at $1.2mil lol), after about 30 hours of gameplay.

you can do that in 30 hours??? with premium??? i had a week of premium time and couldn't get no more then 100k to the positive side... thats playing 5+ hours a day for them 7 days.

and as far as spending that 10 bucks on the ARMAS marketplace...for me it would be a waste of good money....I'd rather go to Mcdonald's and buy the Big-Mac meal then give LO my cash...

thats it for now...but please lets continue this discussion.... i find it very amusing 

3 hours ago, cyral said:

I've literally tried this method a dozen times...Doesn't work...No solo missions in empty districts. I've sat in Waterfront for almost 2 hours without anybody else there "Ked" up and got nothing 

I never said it works. I know it doesn't work. I meant that LO should enable the option again. It would be a good thing when the servers are empty but you still want to farm cash and standing.

3 hours ago, cyral said:

I'm litterly  the worst shot in this game. so i do waste a ton of ammo that cannot be replaced that easy.and gettting the kill....doesn't happpen for me that easy...I'm constantly getting sniped out by no less then 3 people every time I die. which causes the game to crash...it doesn't know who to give the cred to for killing me nor who to give the assist 2.

Maybe if that's the case then this game is not for you and it's time to quit. Find another game or perhaps pursue a more active hobby. Just saying 🙂

EDIT: Your game crashes when you are killed? Time for a hardware upgrade my man. My game never crashes, I don't know how others suffer from this fate.

3 hours ago, cyral said:

This is my current method of gameplay...doesn't work,I still only get about 20-50 creds for the kill... nothing more

False. I had multiple games where my score was the lowest and I had one kill, and many times the death. I still finished with 800$ after the mission along with 900 standing. That is WITHOUT the premium. Do you want me to go play a game where I'm terrible and prove it to you through a screenshot? I will gladly oblige.

3 hours ago, cyral said:

I decided to take these 2 points as a whole...

You have more hours in the game then i do, and i can almost bet the farm you have more then 15k kills under your belt.

I currently have right at 1150 hours in this game with a kill count of only 3856, along with 6800 Joker tickets...

1.6k hours and only about 5000 kills if counting both my characters. I'm not a big-shot in missions, I rather focus on the objectives that win the game and eliminate those who try to prevent that from happening. Kills aren't everything in this game.

3 hours ago, cyral said:

you can do that in 30 hours??? with premium??? i had a week of premium time and couldn't get no more then 100k to the positive side... thats playing 5+ hours a day for them 7 days.

and as far as spending that 10 bucks on the ARMAS marketplace...for me it would be a waste of good money....I'd rather go to Mcdonald's and buy the Big-Mac meal then give LO my cash...

Yes I have done that in 30 hours. As I said multiple times before. It's not hard to make cash in this game, it is actually fairly easy. Even if you are the worst. And I'm pretty sure that giving your money to a global corporation that profits from obesity and harmful chemicals in their food is far far better than giving it to a smaller company who are trying to revive an otherwise completely unique game.

Kep throwing your arguments at me, I too like to have a healthy discussion while proving people wrong.

Edited by I-Reaper-I

On 6/10/2019 at 6:29 PM, I-Reaper-I said:

Right, I have been playing this game for about 5 years now and have just recently returned after a long while. Unfortunately I haven't seen much change in the game just yet but I would like to see an idea added to the game that "in my opinion" would make a huge difference in bringing new players into the game.

So my proposition is: Faction Locked PvE instances with AI enemies. Purely for practice reasons.

How it works:
Simple. New instances would be generated for both Enforcers and Criminals each, that are basically PvE instances with AI enemies. People entering these districts, would have a few benefits as well as drawbacks while there.

This would show up in the basic selector as "practice district" or "training district".

BENEFITS:

1.) All weapons and modifications are unlocked while in the district (not ARMAS exclusives, any owned ARMAS items are carried over to the district.)
Players would have one of each weapons unlocked in their inventory, along with all modifications for use. This will allow new players to test out the guns and work on developing a playstyle they see fit best for them. This would also help seasoned veterans who want to experiment with new combinations of mods and weapons or practice their preferred playstyle.

The best way to learn the ropes for new players in my honest opinion is playing against AIs. Just like Rainbow Six: Siege, CS:GO and many other games that have introduced offline practice, this would hugely benefit new players for learning to play without the negative experience the current state of the game would bring for them. Seasoned veterans can also team up with their friends/clan to work on new strategies and tactics to become better and better against the rival opposition.

This will correlate with a drawback of this idea, but basically all ammo is free and never runs out. This eliminates the need to spend cash on ammo in practice instances.

DRAWBACKS:

Since this would be just a practice instance, we don't want to give the incentive to people to stay on these instances forever. Therefore cash and standing should be disabled here altogether.

In any way, Threat level should not be affected in practice instances, since the sole purpose of this mode is to train yourself, hone your skills, get to know the map better and get the feel for the weapons and cars in the game.

This is all I can think of at the moment, but I believe that adding this mod to the game, would not be a huge task first of all (Just gotta license a decent AI plug-in for enemies, and create new instances that are faction-locked with a few changes and tweaks) and it would greatly benefit all players of this game and would bring a lot of new players in too.

@MattScott I would appreciate if this idea was looked into and at least considered for future implementation, I cannot think of a better way to make the game more friendly and welcome to newcomers as well as experienced players.

Of course this idea is open for criticism and suggestions, so if any of you have any more ideas to lay down or have anything that might need changing, it's open to interpretation.

Wait...MikeHell??? Is that you boss?

On 6/24/2019 at 11:44 PM, Smokez said:

Wait...MikeHell??? Is that you boss?

Who the hell is MikeHell? xD

I think this is a interesting topic. A lot of work required but, in my opinion, i think it'll pay off. 

On 6/10/2019 at 8:29 PM, I-Reaper-I said:

How it works:

BENEFITS:

DRAWBACKS:

Or you could learn to play and not be scared of doing pvp...

You want to kill apb dividing the rest of the players even more with pvp/pve.

Apb is pvp exclusive game, if you dont like it go play sims or other thing.

Edited by BlueB

On 7/8/2019 at 4:39 PM, BlueB said:

Or you could learn to play and not be scared of doing pvp...

You want to kill apb dividing the rest of the players even more with pvp/pve.

Apb is pvp exclusive game, if you dont like it go play sims or other thing.

Even if it's not a fully implemented AI system, there should still at least be some sort of method of testing weapons and modifications that is not a 'once off' like renting from the marketplace. A sandbox mode like this would be the perfect place to test out different combinations and see what works best, without having to spend hours grinding only for the result to be disappointing.

Also, there should be some means of teaching a new player the basics, and this would be perfect if done properly. I, personally, think that the current tutorial system needs tweaking and that L.O should add some sort of 'training system,' (kind of like the one in CS:GO) to ensure that new players aren't completely unprepared when entering an actual mission district.

Feel free to argue for or against it if you really want to, but just keep in mind that this is just my opinion.

On 11/25/2019 at 1:11 PM, Clumsyhunt3R said:

Even if it's not a fully implemented AI system, there should still at least be some sort of method of testing weapons and modifications that is not a 'once off' like renting from the marketplace. A sandbox mode like this would be the perfect place to test out different combinations and see what works best, without having to spend hours grinding only for the result to be disappointing.

Also, there should be some means of teaching a new player the basics, and this would be perfect if done properly. I, personally, think that the current tutorial system needs tweaking and that L.O should add some sort of 'training system,' (kind of like the one in CS:GO) to ensure that new players aren't completely unprepared when entering an actual mission district.

Feel free to argue for or against it if you really want to, but just keep in mind that this is just my opinion.

This would indeed be nice, and allow new players to get a hang of the game before jumping into action. A better version of tutorial districts.