I-Reaper-I

I see low-level players being harassed by skilled players

On 6/10/2019 at 1:31 PM, Goldtiger said:

partly for the toxic people spamming something such as "gg ez" or "ROLLED AND SMOKED BOYS" or "GG IZIPIZI" or "GG trash OP"..

On 6/10/2019 at 1:31 PM, Goldtiger said:

And those people (with huge egos) who ragewhisper you for killing them in any way.

5 hours ago, Glaciers said:

ok thanks please stop bothering me now

How bothered do you have to be to blatantly misrepresent someones argument.

Edited by UubeNubeh DaWog

12 hours ago, Westford said:

Yes...

I agree, the Tutorial , more than likely, is starring you in the face.

and when it is not, you saw how many forum posts required to get an answer.

How many District Chat inquiries would you guess , before an answer was provided ?

You see my point ?

If I notice an actual question in /d, if I have it turned on, I will answer it. I see many players in the Silver district actually answering questions. So long as they are legitimate questions and not just obvious trolls.  Maybe it's just a problem in the Bronze district where Silvers are too ego-boosted to reply and help those who they are stomping? 

That seems like a problem in the lesser district. 🙂

• Like 1

thought it was the other way around low-levelplayers harass golds? 

On 6/10/2019 at 7:27 PM, ChangeMe said:

Lies, how didnt happen before? A skill based game will allways be elitist and lowest skilled players will allways suffer. Thats how these games works, you cant make everyone happy.

Blame god, milenial furry, to give ones more skill than others. (Lolwut? ~ Mitne)

Just imagine for one second how we played games before, without any ranks but for some reason everyone played against each other without care about skill gaps because no one had how to recognize skill levels beyond the score. Theres been allways skill gap, even cheaters make look skilled players as shit and hide beyond excuses like "but cheats replicate the human reflexes at maximum potential" without knowing that you cant mantain that skill for long periods or you will stress your mind a lot (it happened to me).

You didn't really read what I wrote, did you?

On 6/10/2019 at 6:09 PM, Mitne said:

I remember when we got total scramble back in 2013 if you gone solo. It was awesome - you could really learn game and even if some guy gave you trouble, you focused on others... most likely team will have him covered. We got mix of good and bad - how it supposed to be.

I praise the old times which gave me opportunity to learn. But people hated being teamed up with anyone weaker than them.

So we got threat segregation.

And what this high-threat pissers do now? Dethreat, because they can't stand heat in their own class and make miserable live of people who are in their own threat.

That's what I despise - it makes this game insufferable for anyone new. And "skill" - nobody start with understanding of game which learning curve is pretty high and not very well explained in tutorial plus you don't start with peak performance playing some random patootie games. Most of newbies approach are "for fun", not "for grind".

Edited by Mitne
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, UubeNubeh DaWog said:

How bothered do you have to be to blatantly misrepresent someones argument.

im specifically disagreeing with the inclusion of generic - if distasteful - insults, trash talk, and general text-assholery as harassment while agreeing that things beyond that line (e.g. physically affecting gameplay or potentially breaking laws) are an issue that could be addressed, albeit not very effectively 

stop being so needlessly pedantic for like 3 seconds

20 hours ago, Westford said:

Reading this thread, there are three issues that stand out.

The 1st issue which the OP has expressed, that any questions that new players ask to the playerbase to

understand the gamplay,

1. what do I do ?
  2. how do I equip a weapon ?
  3. How do I get a car ?
  4. how do I ........?  "git gud"

are met with toxic, nonsensical or otherwise useless replies.

The other issue, is just toxic or harassing comments in general.

The 3rd issue is deathreating.

@LittleGamersFirst raises an interesting solution to one problem.

The problem with this approach is, that as new players ask questions in district, in order to "git gud",

and are met with anything other than advice, but more toxic, nonsensical or otherwise useless replies.

Those players will have a difficult road to "gitten gud"

Cause, no one is helping them to "git gud".

@LittleGamersFirst, please take note.  🙂

Please keep in mind, that one of my primary objectives when I play APB, is to NOT, in any way, ruin someone else's gameplay.

This is my first, and foremost objective... in any online game.

Their entertainment and enjoyment of the game, during my playtime, is of the utmost priority and importance.

The hell with what I want.

Even, if I want to "git gud" and ask questions.

As far as just toxic trash talking,

This !!

This may very well help with a fair amount of issues.

I never really did follow down the Tutorial path.

Not even sure how to invoke it.

T ?

I'll look in to it, as I am curious what is offered to new players.

Why anyone should help you to get gud? Like if anyone helped players to get good.

You are now starting to be really pathetic.

Merged.

5 hours ago, Deadliest said:

thought it was the other way around low-levelplayers harass golds? 

Yes. It was like that, they joined gold servers to mess your matches. You could kick them anyways, good times.

9 hours ago, Glaciers said:

stop being so needlessly pedantic for like 3 seconds

Being pedantic would be using a single sentence or phase to completely discredit what was said by either the person or others.

If Saying "Gg ez squeez, etc" once, periodically or was the sole reason for quitting, i would have agreed with you. Arguing about these context points is how society actually draws the line between generic insults and harassment.

Saying "im specifically disagreeing with the inclusion of generic - if distasteful - insults, trash talk, and general text-assholery as harassment while agreeing that things beyond that line (e.g. physically affecting gameplay or potentially breaking laws) are an issue that could be addressed, albeit not very effectively" Would have logically made more sense, instead of quoting a singular sentence/ phrase to further your argument.

Even then in everyday society "insults, trash talk and general patootie holey CAN be harassment" See; work place harassment or sexual harassment. As one example. It doesn't have to be extreme to cross the line if it happens on a regular basis.  

Edited by UubeNubeh DaWog

2 minutes ago, UubeNubeh DaWog said:

Being pedantic would be using a single sentence or phase to completely discredit what was said by either the person or others.

If Saying "Gg ez squeez, etc" once, periodically or was the sole reason for quitting, i would have agreed with you. Arguing about these context points is how society actually draws the line between generic insults and harassment.

Saying "im specifically disagreeing with the inclusion of generic - if distasteful - insults, trash talk, and general text-assholery as harassment while agreeing that things beyond that line (e.g. physically affecting gameplay or potentially breaking laws) are an issue that could be addressed, albeit not very effectively" Would have logically made more sense, instead of quoting a singular sentence/ phrase to further your argument.

Even then in everyday society "insults, trash talk and general patootie holey CAN be harassment" See; work place discrimination or sexual discrimination. As one example. It doesn't have to be extreme to cross the line if it happens on a regular basis.  

this is being pedantic 

There needs to be a new threat rank, diamond. This rank would be for those godly players that rarely, lose a game, and have a killer k/d.  Silvers and lower tier golds, really do not have a chance against these players, with their 4 man premades of skilled higher tiered gold teammates. These players shouldn't be given easy op, they need to fight and claw, earning victories against similar players with their equal skill sets.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Kanashimi said:

There needs to be a new threat rank, diamond. This rank would be for those godly players that rarely, lose a game, and have a killer k/d.  Silvers and lower tier golds, really do not have a chance against these players, with their 4 man premades of skilled higher tiered gold teammates. These players shouldn't be given easy op, they need to fight and claw, earning victories against similar players with their equal skill sets.

2Rq6445bv2.jpg

Edited by Yood
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Kanashimi said:

what is that supposed to signify as?

adding another empty arena will not bring results . attach threats to arenas  - the issue has been resolved .

p.s.  why is gold playing in my silver arena ?

Edited by Yood
  • Thanks 1

It has not been resolved. When you're watching on twitch, a player who plays with a 4 man/2 man premade all day and wins 95% of their matches, where is the fairness, when they're facing teams of pugs whom are silvers?

Edited by Kanashimi
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Kanashimi said:

It has not been resolved. When you're watching on twitch, a player who plays with a 4 man/2 man premade all day and wins 95% of their matches, where is the fairness, when they're facing teams of pubs whom are silvers?

gold is the highest level of threat , the elite - it initially creates problems of the game . all I see is you trying to leave loopholes for trolling .

NO WAY .

Edited by Yood

On 6/10/2019 at 10:25 AM, Uhtdred said:

whenever I see a green/bronze/silver I recommend them to go bronze district and they get mad instantly. They are really toxic. All trainees/green/bronze/silvers should go to bronze district automatically..

imma be curious. in wich server do you play?

normally in jericho, i'd say i get 1 or 2 silver mad at me for every 15 to 20 misguided newbies i sent into their correct district.

On 6/10/2019 at 10:44 AM, PrincessMimi said:

How about the people who legit can't keep gold but in bronze aren't silver, this players are called  "fake golds" in gold and in bronze they are seen as bullies.

The whole system needs a rework ><

the "uncanny valley" of APB. a pretty frustrating situation to be in.

On 6/10/2019 at 12:29 PM, iRawwwN said:

Any player with more than 100hrs-200hrs should NOT be in the Bronze district. High rank Silvers are more toxic to new players than Gold's are to Silvers. Stomping new players to a game is what stops the game from growing. Refusing to get play versus better players stops players from improving.

(When I say Silvers I mean the ones who play in Bronze their absolute hardest and then come to Silver districts and just 'play for fun'.)

The matchmaking in this game is poor, but it's amplified due to the low population we have. At least before if a player kept getting the same opposition they could just change district, no not so much. (I mean 100% not on NA, and EU is lucky to have 2 Silver financial's and a Silver WF.)

i have to disagree. i've met people with 300+ hours in-game that definitely belong to the bronze district, they would even get their asses handed to them more often than not.

On 6/10/2019 at 2:01 PM, DeadPixels said:

Yeah happened to me as well. I am not trying to be rude to them, i just think they would have a better time in bronze

check my first quote's answer. just being curious here.

On 6/10/2019 at 10:20 AM, TheJellyGoo said:

Imagine being unable to moderate for yourself to improve your own playing experience when handed out the necessary tools like /ignore.

i agree on auto-moderating chat toxicity. dethreating remains as a problem.

On 6/10/2019 at 8:46 PM, Nickolai said:

I love the people bashing new players in this thread. No wonder this game died and we are stuck only with the sweatlords (hence while I try to avoid Missions altogether and just play FC - but its NA so we can't have nice things)

All they had to was add a fucking tutorial district that you can't leave till you reach R75, so you could play with other beginners. If you reach gold you can't get back in after the next login.

Would allow rookies to play the game at their own pace. They are thrown into the wolves and everyone expects them to learn everything quickly while they are fighting players who have been here for years!

But that makes too much sense! As if coding any BASIC FUNCTIONS into this game is like giving alien technology to kindergartners and leaving them to figure it out.

IT DOESN'T TAKE MUCH TO FIX PROBLEM! YET IT HASN'T BEEN SOLVED FOR YEARS! HOW HARD IT IS TO REMOVE SOME COLOURED CIRCLES NEXT TO THE DISTRICT NAMES!?!

But hey guys don't worry RIOT will fix everything. 

disagree. i doubt there are enough newbies to run a PVP tutorial district.

note: i play in jericho, probably citadel has enough population, but that would still be problematic for jericho.

5 minutes ago, TheOppositePolarBear said:

disagree. i doubt there are enough newbies to run a PVP tutorial district.

note: i play in jericho, probably citadel has enough population, but that would still be problematic for jericho.

I'm from Colby. Been on NA since 2011.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheOppositePolarBear said:

i have to disagree. i've met people with 300+ hours in-game that definitely belong to the bronze district, they would even get their asses handed to them more often than not.

There is only ONE player on NA that I believe is a true Bronze with higher than 200hrs, but I'm not going to name drop. Everyone else has no other excuse, unless you know, you're like him. Then maaaaaaaybe. Even then though, he willingly plays in Silver districts with his friends which is better sportsmanship than all the Silvers who play in Bronze.

After an initially good impression for my first couple nights playing again with a new account, it became apparent quite quickly that these first few nights were the exception rather than the rule. Since that, I had 3-4 sessions in a row where I ended up against blatant (to the point they admitted it freely, even proudly) de-threat/re-roll players on bronze districts that bounced between silver and gold (or were just gold and obviously hadn't left the district in hours). The majority were well over 200R. Some weren't that great but enough of them were obviously extremely experienced compared to the true bronze/silver players. 

I don't mind losing a match, particularly when the opponents were actually playing in the correct district, but these sessions were enough to turn me away from the game and I think I'll wait until the EU happens and, maybe, this issue goes away or is mitigated. Though, so long as someone can game the threat system, I doubt it'll ever really go away. Which is a shame; the handful of matches I played in where this wasn't happening really reminded me how amazingly fun this game can be.

Some of the comments are suggesting this is "normal" for PVP games and to be expected. Not in my experience, it isn't; I've experienced toxic PVP communities before but never one quite so obviously intent on destroying itself as APB's. And that's probably been somewhat true of this game since the early G1 days but as the population has fallen, it's become a whole lot more apparent; there is undoubtedly a core of the community that is great but the trolls have become a much greater percentage and now they have a signed-off method to seek out new players and annoy them and it works.

And then there's the other side of the coin... the games that I've played that are highly competitive yet have really great communities, communities that support new players and engage with them properly. There are quite a lot of these games but I just recently began playing Natural Selection 2, which is another very old game, has very complicated mechanics and is very competitive yet my experience there has been overwhelmingly positive; the rookie servers actually have rookie players on, no experts trolling them; anyone who isn't an obvious rookie is always talking over comms to give advice (friendly advice, not patronising advice) and everyone seems to be having fun even when losing, from my perspective. I'm having a blast with it, despite it not being a casual game and me being a casual player.

If APB had that type of community... What a game it would be. But it doesn't. And it's nothing to celebrate whatsoever.

2 hours ago, iRawwwN said:

There is only ONE player on NA that I believe is a true Bronze with higher than 200hrs, but I'm not going to name drop. Everyone else has no other excuse, unless you know, you're like him. Then maaaaaaaybe. Even then though, he willingly plays in Silver districts with his friends which is better sportsmanship than all the Silvers who play in Bronze.

I know Jericho's server very well . and I am confident to say that many players do not even understand the essence of the game . I know the exact outcome of the match at 95 % . having a small ping gives you an advantage in the number of kills , but can't be a good game experience . if you eat cheap food you will never learn the game.

once the gold has completely left my arena, I will play in the arena according to the threat .

Edited by Yood
  • Thanks 1

It's a common thing in gta online and in many games I've had to defend some new gta players with my deluxo passive mode killing and I got tired of it real fast.

but.....

Here's what you need to do put on your pixel shades and "Deal With It."

Edited by Srak

4 hours ago, Kanashimi said:

~snip~

Adding more threat categories won't have any effect on your skill relative to another player's. You would still get the same opp you always have.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, iRawwwN said:

There is only ONE player on NA that I believe is a true Bronze with higher than 200hrs, but I'm not going to name drop. 

[waves]

There could be more than one.  (At 3000+ I know enough to realize I'm not getting any better.) I did hit silver threat on Han server before it moved out of Singapore, but with middle-aged reflexes and steadily higher ping with each server move it was never going to last. I play where my friends are playing, if they're on. Any Gold player will automatically hand me my patootie* regardless of district, that's a given. At my current 330ms latency I need to be lucky more than good to get a kill against anyone bronze or higher. It does make me feel bad to end up grouped with silver threat strangers, because there's no time for explaining "why are you bronze" every time a random mission starts. Much prefer running in a group of friends who are aware of my "handicap".

But I'll always take the time to answer a new player's question, if I know the answer.

* did not say patootie

Edited by MaxJedburgh
added footnote

6 hours ago, Yood said:

I know Jericho's server very well . and I am confident to say that many players do not even understand the essence of the game . I know the exact outcome of the match at 95 % . having a small ping gives you an advantage in the number of kills , but can't be a good game experience . if you eat cheap food you will never learn the game.

once the gold has completely left my arena, I will play in the arena according to the threat .

If you do not understand the 'essence of the game' after 200hrs maybe a TPS/MMO game isn't for you. It's not even that detailed compared to many other MMOs on the market. Yeah, of course having a lower ping is an advantage, that's why games try have many server locations; to provide the best playing experience. If you willingly play a game with more than 250ms that's your own problem. 

5 hours ago, MaxJedburgh said:

[waves]

There could be more than one.  (At 3000+ I know enough to realize I'm not getting any better.) I did hit silver threat on Han server before it moved out of Singapore, but with middle-aged reflexes and steadily higher ping with each server move it was never going to last. I play where my friends are playing, if they're on. Any Gold player will automatically hand me my patootie* regardless of district, that's a given. At my current 330ms latency I need to be lucky more than good to get a kill against anyone bronze or higher. It does make me feel bad to end up grouped with silver threat strangers, because there's no time for explaining "why are you bronze" every time a random mission starts. Much prefer running in a group of friends who are aware of my "handicap".

But I'll always take the time to answer a new player's question, if I know the answer.

* did not say patootie

I understand you want to play with friends but your friends and yourself should not be playing against newbies. No one with more than 200hrs should be versing sub 25hrs players. You might not have ping or 'reflexes' as advantages, but with APB being a Third-Person-Shooter you have the element of surprise. You don't always need to have better aim, better locations/strategies can work out in your favour too. Not to mention many of the weapons that a higher ranked/more experienced player would have.  

Edited by iRawwwN

1 hour ago, iRawwwN said:

If you do not understand the 'essence of the game' after 200hrs maybe a TPS/MMO game isn't for you. It's not even that detailed compared to many other MMOs on the market. Yeah, of course having a lower ping is an advantage, that's why games try have many server locations; to provide the best playing experience. If you willingly play a game with more than 250ms that's your own problem. 

I understand you want to play with friends but your friends and yourself should not be playing against newbies. No one with more than 200hrs should be versing sub 25hrs players. You might not have ping or 'reflexes' as advantages, but with APB being a Third-Person-Shooter you have the element of surprise. You don't always need to have better aim, better locations/strategies can work out in your favour too. Not to mention many of the weapons that a higher ranked/more experienced player would have.  

don't worry about your problem. I can handle it . I wonder then whose problem is when the player with 10 MS plays in the bronze district