I-Reaper-I

I see low-level players being harassed by skilled players

On 6/10/2019 at 10:20 PM, Sayori said:

Can't forbid and ban for something that can't be actually proven. Stream sniping sucks though....

It can some times be proven

Edited by SilverCrow
typo

11 minutes ago, Westford said:

[...]

I never really did follow down the Tutorial path.

Not even sure how to invoke it.

T ?

I'll look in to it, as I am curious what is offered to new players.

Why should anyone bother answering questions that are dealt with in a Tutorial when the person apparently didn't feel the necessity to sit down and go through it.

You're to good for it? It's not worth your time? Sorry, but that's exactly what you are for me when you can't show some effort/initiative on your side - not worth my time.

When I got time and not busy in a mission I am happy to help and give advice but I am not some else's "Tutorial".

2 hours ago, Westford said:

Reading this thread, there are three issues that stand out.

The 1st issue which the OP has expressed, that any questions that new players ask to the playerbase to

understand the gamplay,

1. what do I do ?
  2. how do I equip a weapon ?
  3. How do I get a car ?
  4. how do I ........?  "git gud"

are met with toxic, nonsensical or otherwise useless replies.

The other issue, is just toxic or harassing comments in general.

The 3rd issue is deathreating.

@LittleGamersFirst raises an interesting solution to one problem.

The problem with this approach is, that as new players ask questions in district, in order to "git gud",

and are met with anything other than advice, but more toxic, nonsensical or otherwise useless replies.

Those players will have a difficult road to "gitten gud"

Cause, no one is helping them to "git gud".

@LittleGamersFirst, please take note.  🙂

Please keep in mind, that one of my primary objectives when I play APB, is to NOT, in any way, ruin someone else's gameplay.

This is my first, and foremost objective... in any online game.

Their entertainment and enjoyment of the game, during my playtime, is of the utmost priority and importance.

The hell with what I want.

Even, if I want to "git gud" and ask questions.

As far as just toxic trash talking,

No one said anything about asking questions, its straight toxicity for them, but its not. People do not react because yes, you affect them one way or another.

What is fun for you is not fun for others? maybe? Even g1 efforts to destroy the game ruining its competition to "appeal" a wider unskilled audience didnt save the game, but killed it further. So you need to stop with this chant "ohhh i am a poor miserable being that everyone harasses for the only reason i breathe... everyone hates me im so victim please give me attention... oh i feel like im dying right now please help me... we need a strong moderation to please my feelings, everyone should care about what i feel do something". Stop.

This is an agressive game, savage, violent,teasing, mockig, challenging etc. Its suposed to attract a competitive audience.  Stop trying to make it disney world like someone i wont name is trying to convert it, it wont fit in this game and if you insist you will drop the pop even more (well it already happened anyways lol). There is no safe space in san paro, you need to understand that.

Go play singleplayers where no one ever will hurt you, unless you take offense from ai too snipped insults ~@mayii.

32 minutes ago, TheJellyGoo said:

Why should anyone bother answering questions that are dealt with in a Tutorial when the person apparently didn't feel the necessity to sit down and go through it.

You're to good for it? It's not worth your time? Sorry, but that's exactly what you are for me when you can't show some effort/initiative on your side - not worth my time.

When I got time and not busy in a mission I am happy to help and give advice but I am not some else's "Tutorial".

Uhhh, yeah...  good advice.

How do you invoke the Tutorial ?

Do I press 'T'

Any help would be great.

Thx

Edited by Westford

12 minutes ago, Westford said:

Uhhh, yeah...  good advice.

How do you invoke the Tutorial ?

Do I press 'T'

Any help would be great.

Thx

the tutorial is visible by default

9 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

the tutorial is visible by default

Great news...

I will look for it.

Hoping for the best.. praying for the worst.

Curious, how do I invoke the Tutorial ?

3rd time I have asked in the forum.

A place of sound mind .. and ...

EDIT:

Can you imagine the responses in game .. ?

I have asked twice, in the forum.

A place of decency and forgone of district chat hypocrisy.

But no answers here.

You get my drift ?

Edited by Westford

Just now, Westford said:

Great news...

I will look for it.

Hoping for the best.. praying for the worst.

default key is T iirc, but since you had to have consciously turned it off you should probably know that

20 hours ago, LittleGamersFirst said:

If they dont want to be trash talked then they should get good. Its really simple.

I guess you were the bully in school who used to pick on smaller/weaker classmates.

Your attitude is one of the main reasons, people quit the game early, because instead of any useful advices / tips or even hints they basically get the messages "0 braincells, why are you so noob, omg end yourself, etc etc..." that relays a very negative experience from the game. EXPERIENCE that makes people quit and stops the growth of the community.

Let me put this into an analogy: What would you do if you walked into a coffee shop to get a coffee and the bartender gives it to you with saying "Here you go shitface, hope you choke on it". I doubt you will just "deal with it" and walk away with your coffee and instead you would ask for a refund, put in a complaint and never return.

This is the kind of attitude that turns people away from the game and if you can't grasp that with your ego-inflated brain, then I won't waste my keystrokes on you any longer.

14 hours ago, TanyaSlayer said:

Disable district chat.

Problem solved.

You forgot to include:
/whisper
/say
/team
/group

District chat is not the only way people can be harassed 🙂

Edited by I-Reaper-I
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

default key is T iirc, but since you had to have consciously turned it off you should probably know that

Ahh , a Knight in the dimly lit veil.

Thank you.

So we have an idea as to what a player may experience with the same question in district.

Your Honor...   the Defense rests.

Edited by Westford

Thats the exactly the problem, putting so much effort for people that no cares. How before the game was healthy populated and no one cried about about tutorials or such.

If you want smart people that dont even like the game, keep working on tutorials, lol.

I love the people bashing new players in this thread. No wonder this game died and we are stuck only with the sweatlords (hence while I try to avoid Missions altogether and just play FC - but its NA so we can't have nice things)

All they had to was add a fucking tutorial district that you can't leave till you reach R75, so you could play with other beginners. If you reach gold you can't get back in after the next login.

Would allow rookies to play the game at their own pace. They are thrown into the wolves and everyone expects them to learn everything quickly while they are fighting players who have been here for years!

But that makes too much sense! As if coding any BASIC FUNCTIONS into this game is like giving alien technology to kindergartners and leaving them to figure it out.

IT DOESN'T TAKE MUCH TO FIX PROBLEM! YET IT HASN'T BEEN SOLVED FOR YEARS! HOW HARD IT IS TO REMOVE SOME COLOURED CIRCLES NEXT TO THE DISTRICT NAMES!?!

But hey guys don't worry RIOT will fix everything. 

23 minutes ago, LittleGamersFirst said:

Thats the exactly the problem, putting so much effort for people that no cares. How before the game was healthy populated and no one cried about about tutorials or such.

If you want smart people that dont even like the game, keep working on tutorials, lol.

Ahhh , yes...

Another learned response by an experienced APB player.

DO NOT HELP ANYONE.. for they will drag you down.

I still have questions .. ?

Too fucken bad.

We have our Motto....

But I just started yesterday ,,,,

And your point ?

45 minutes ago, Westford said:

Thank you.

So we have an idea as to what a player may experience with the same question in district.

Considering the tutorial is enabled by DEFAULT and is it's OWN UI I don't think any newbie would ask for the tutorial, unless they're braindead. If that's the case then maybe they'd be better off on Club Penguin (rip that) or else some other child friendly game.

The games tutorial isn't actually that bad. People who have a problem with it just have a problem with reading/understanding.

4 minutes ago, iRawwwN said:

Considering the tutorial is enabled by DEFAULT and is it's OWN UI I don't think any newbie would ask for the tutorial, unless they're braindead. If that's the case then maybe they'd be better off on Club Penguin (rip that) or else some other child friendly game.

The games tutorial isn't actually that bad. People who have a problem with it just have a problem with reading/understanding.

Yes...

I agree, the Tutorial , more than likely, is starring you in the face.

and when it is not, you saw how many forum posts required to get an answer.

How many District Chat inquiries would you guess , before an answer was provided ?

You see my point ?

6 hours ago, PrincessMimi said:

tbh I play in silver and ppl whisper me stuff like " aww was bronze district empty ? "

Thats just code for one of two phrases:

"Ive been getting stomped all day and I finally won a match"

or

"I too am of average skill, but my ego wont let me acknowledge that, so I'm blaming you"

1 hour ago, LittleGamersFirst said:

No one said anything about asking questions, its straight toxicity for them, but its not. People do not react because yes, you affect them one way or another.

What is fun for you is not fun for others? maybe? Even g1 efforts to destroy the game ruining its competition to "appeal" a wider unskilled audience didnt save the game, but killed it further. So you need to stop with this chant "ohhh i am a poor miserable being that everyone harasses for the only reason i breathe... everyone hates me im so victim please give me attention... oh i feel like im dying right now please help me... we need a strong moderation to please my feelings, everyone should care about what i feel do something". Stop.

This is an agressive game, savage, violent,teasing, mockig, challenging etc. Its suposed to attract a competitive audience.  Stop trying to make it disney world like someone i wont name is trying to convert it, it wont fit in this game and if you insist you will drop the pop even more (well it already happened anyways lol). There is no safe space in san paro, you need to understand that.

Go play singleplayers where no one ever will hurt you, unless you take offense from ai too snipped insults ~@mayii.

I have read your comments with great interest.

Some I understood,     most ..   I did not understand.

It may be a Language thing.

I am not one to run away from a fight, but your demeanor is not one that I would sign up for.

You do not appear to have the composition of a team player....  just my thoughts.

I wish you the best.

10 minutes ago, Westford said:

I have read your comments with great interest.

Some I understood,     most ..   I did not understand.

It may be a Language thing.

I am not one to run away from a fight, but your demeanor is not one that I would sign up for.

You do not appear to have the composition of a team player....  just my thoughts.

I wish you the best.

Why are you even assuming things once again? And you are missing by a lot.

Not sure where are you pulling out that i am not a team player when i even am playing a team based game right now. Your assumtions are so wrong as your statements.

1 hour ago, Westford said:

Ahh , a Knight in the dimly lit veil.

Thank you.

Your Honor...   the Defense rests.

24 minutes ago, Westford said:

Yes...

How many District Chat inquiries would you guess , before an answer was provided ?

You see my point ?

there is no “when it’s not” in the case of the tutorial, you boot up the game and the tutorial is there end of story

so obviously in this case the general public is derisive towards someone who apparently hasn’t even bothered to look at the game they’re playing 

Title of thread: I see low-level players being harassed by skilled players

Part of your response: Actual harassment like extensive griefing/teamkilling or death threats/slurs in chat is a separate matter

Me: ???

9 hours ago, Glaciers said:

good thing that’s not who i quoted

Except the person you quoted is talking about the same topic as the OP. "This is an issue" As in, "Harrassment" is an issue. Not "Gg ez pz squeez". You were already lumping in "mean words" and "harassment" as the same thing in your very first respone to the OP.

22 hours ago, Glaciers said:

i'd rather they focus on actual problems instead of mean words

So i can see why you get mixed up.

if i had to choose? yes i’d prefer to have toxic players that don’t justify and validate their toxicity by blaming others

So instead of removing toxic people at the base level, you would rather remove the people that become toxic because of the toxic people? Even though you also need the some sort of justification to be toxic to others in the first place.

Edited by UubeNubeh DaWog

9 hours ago, LittleGamersFirst said:

Why are you even assuming things once again? And you are missing by a lot.

Not sure where are you pulling out that i am not a team player when i even am playing a team based game right now. Your assumtions are so wrong as your statements.

I have seen many players , playing a Team based game. and not playing like a Team.

Not the first time.

You are not the last.

Do not take it harshly ...

You are a good player.

Just not a Team player, judging by your responses.

Let's review...  

On 6/10/2019 at 4:02 AM, LittleGamersFirst said:

If they dont want to be trash talked then they should get good. Its really simple.

On 6/10/2019 at 8:00 AM, LittleGamersFirst said:

They will want to get much better after aknowledging that you are ruining others gameplay being a shitter and giving your best to improve yourself.

No one cares about their feelings or yours, stop thinking like a milenial, get good and everything will be alright.

Lets sumarize: no one cares about your feelings; if you play like trash you deserve to be treated like one until you get good; the game should never be modified to be easier for you; no one needs to spend money or any effort into moderation or gms to work for your miserable feelings.

Deal with it.

16 hours ago, LittleGamersFirst said:

A skill based game will allways be elitist and lowest skilled players will allways suffer. Thats how these games works,

This is GOLD ,.,,

Yes,,   I would like to group up with this player ,,,,

maybe ...

Anyways ..

Please do NOT invite me to your group.

Much thanks

Merged.

there is no “when it’s not” in the case of the tutorial, you boot up the game and the tutorial is there end of story

so obviously in this case the general public is derisive towards someone who apparently hasn’t even bothered to look at the game they’re playing 

Great answer....

I may not be the 1st player, playing an online game, constantly hitting the ESC key ...... to get into game.

"did I miss the Intro, ?"

"what screen was that ?"

"I'll ask in district ...   they'll tell me"

?

EDIT:

So the question still remains.

If a player cannot get a straight answer even on the forums, (without some wrangling) ,

how can they hope for an answer in district ?

Or is District more reliable ?

NO ,.,.

Edited by Westford

1 hour ago, UubeNubeh DaWog said:

Title of thread: I see low-level players being harassed by skilled players

Part of your response: Actual harassment like extensive griefing/teamkilling or death threats/slurs in chat is a separate matter

Me: ???

Except the person you quoted is talking about the same topic as the OP. "This is an issue" As in, "Harrassment" is an issue. Not "Gg ez pz squeez". You were already lumping in "mean words" and "harassment" as the same thing in your very first respone to the OP.

21 hours ago, Glaciers said:

“‘gg ez’ or ‘ROLLED AND SMOKED BOYS’ or ‘GG IZIPIZI’ or ‘GG trash OP’”

22 hours ago, Goldtiger said:

cause even I stopped playing the game partly for the toxic people spamming something such as "gg ez" or "ROLLED AND SMOKED BOYS" or "GG IZIPIZI" or "GG trash OP"

ok thanks please stop bothering me now 

1 hour ago, Westford said:

I have seen many players , playing a Team based game. and not playing like a Team.

Not the first time.

You are not the last.

Do not take it harshly ...

You are a good player.

Just not a Team player, judging by your responses.

Let's review...  

This is GOLD ,.,,

Yes,,   I would like to group up with this player ,,,,

maybe ...

Anyways ..

Please do NOT invite me to your group.

Much thanks

How can you know if you never played with me?

6 hours ago, Westford said:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=How+to+open+the+tutorial+in+APB%3AReloaded

Should bring you to this: 

https://guidescroll.com/2011/06/apb-reloaded-beginners-guide-step-by-step/

It's not another player's job to teach you things here in the world of "reality"

Edited by BlitzKitty

6 hours ago, Westford said:

Yes...

You see my point ?

I wouldn't have told you what the key is. I would have told you where to find it following the adage "Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, and you feed him for a lifetime"

Oddly enough I've met quite the "toxicity" for that as to why I have to be such a smart-patootie and not just tell them instead of them having to do some work.

That's actually a life-tip, instead of What is the Tutorial key? phrase it the following: How do I find the Tutorial keybind?