I-Reaper-I

I see low-level players being harassed by skilled players

11 hours ago, I-Reaper-I said:

I see this a lot that lower skill-based players who can't really play the game well are constantly being abused harassed or shit-talked about by higher-skilled players.

Players who just want to enjoy the game or learn the ropes do not get advice from higher skilled players or get any consoling or empathy but instead are constantly being bullied, harrased and insulted of how bad they are.

The community of this game is by far the most toxic (surprisingly more toxic than the CS:GO community) one I have seen so far and it will make a lot of players quit due to sheer harassment and bullying.

If LO wants this game to start growing and people to enjoy this game, this issue NEEDS to be addressed and harassers need to be penalized with temporary bans, even so if they don't change their attitude and tone towards other players then a perma-ban should be due for them.

whenever I see a green/bronze/silver I recommend them to go bronze district and they get mad instantly. They are really toxic. All trainees/green/bronze/silvers should go to bronze district automatically..

12 hours ago, I-Reaper-I said:

I see this a lot that lower skill-based players who can't really play the game well are constantly being abused harassed or shit-talked about by higher-skilled players.

Players who just want to enjoy the game or learn the ropes do not get advice from higher skilled players or get any consoling or empathy but instead are constantly being bullied, harrased and insulted of how bad they are.

The community of this game is by far the most toxic (surprisingly more toxic than the CS:GO community) one I have seen so far and it will make a lot of players quit due to sheer harassment and bullying.

If LO wants this game to start growing and people to enjoy this game, this issue NEEDS to be addressed and harassers need to be penalized with temporary bans, even so if they don't change their attitude and tone towards other players then a perma-ban should be due for them.

I agree.

It's so strange that when you're new to this game people treat you like you're an actual idiot and you're not allowed the time to improve. You could be Einstein, be bronze in APB and people would call everything you say stupid because of that.

Stream sniping should be strictly forbidden and this is why: Many people are reluctant to stream or stop streaming because of stream sniping (I'm one of the people who quit streaming because I got stream sniped constantly) and it affects the game very negatively since streamers are an important factor in bringing new players in. This is the "contribution" stream snipers have.

Edited by SilverCrow
  • Like 1

How about the people who legit can't keep gold but in bronze aren't silver, this players are called  "fake golds" in gold and in bronze they are seen as bullies.

The whole system needs a rework ><

Edited by PrincessMimi
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, UubeNubeh DaWog said:

I don't think that's what OP qualifies as harassment

good thing that’s not who i quoted

there are players who go above and beyond those phrases

10 hours ago, Glaciers said:

actual harassment like extensive griefing/teamkilling or death threats/slurs in chat is a separate matter

If the players that get upset are just as toxic, are you saying you would rather have toxic people that dont get upset over people who do get upset and forget about reducing toxicity overall?

if i had to choose? yes i’d prefer to have toxic players that don’t justify and validate their toxicity by blaming others

1 hour ago, PrincessMimi said:

How about the people who legit can't keep gold but in bronze aren't silver, this players are called  "fake golds" in gold and in bronze they are seen as bullies.

Bronze district is where newbies play. 

If you aren't a noob and you still play in bronze district you should be ashamed of yourself. 

9 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

if i had to choose? yes i’d prefer to have toxic players that don’t justify and validate their toxicity by blaming others

same

11 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

If you aren't a noob and you still play in bronze district you should be ashamed of yourself. 

I'd like to praise you on being a silver that actually plays in the silver district rather than dropping to bronze. Pat yourself on the back.

Any player with more than 100hrs-200hrs should NOT be in the Bronze district. High rank Silvers are more toxic to new players than Gold's are to Silvers. Stomping new players to a game is what stops the game from growing. Refusing to get play versus better players stops players from improving.

(When I say Silvers I mean the ones who play in Bronze their absolute hardest and then come to Silver districts and just 'play for fun'.)

The matchmaking in this game is poor, but it's amplified due to the low population we have. At least before if a player kept getting the same opposition they could just change district, no not so much. (I mean 100% not on NA, and EU is lucky to have 2 Silver financial's and a Silver WF.)

Edited by iRawwwN

28 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

I'd like to praise you on being a silver that actually plays in the silver district rather than dropping to bronze. Pat yourself on the back.

Thanks Mom. 😌

12 hours ago, Goldtiger said:

LO really needs to do better at moderation, cause even I stopped playing the game partly for the toxic people spamming something such as "gg ez" or "ROLLED AND SMOKED BOYS" or "GG IZIPIZI" or "GG trash OP"... And those people (with huge egos) who ragewhisper you for killing them in any way.

I honestly don't find anything wrong with saying gg ez or teasing the opponent team. There's a line between harassment and competitive attitude. Teasing the opponent team, as a whole, or saying they're ez kills is fine. But targeting certain players and constantly sending whispers and annoying them is harassment and shall be penalized.

Mostly the issue can be solved only with a proper threat/rank system.

14 hours ago, LittleGamersFirst said:

If they dont want to be trash talked then they should get good. Its really simple.

Some "high-skill" players dethreat to chase after low-level low-skill ones. How are you supposed to learn in that conditions? Also not all of them will become "good" but does it really matter? Every game got policy of welcome doors for people of all kind of skills but in APB it's like taboo - you either need to be good or quit game. You guys are lunatics.

I remember when we got total scramble back in 2013 if you gone solo. It was awesome - you could really learn game and even if some guy gave you trouble, you focused on others... most likely team will have him covered. We got mix of good and bad - how it supposed to be. But no. People moaned over it. So they put threat restrictions. And there was a lot of warnings from everyone that people will just dethreat. Nobody listened. Now it's 2019. You are good enough to be in gold and hold it? Dethreat. Join bronze and stomp this newbies to ground! Then verbally abuse them! Let them feel salt!!!

Been with reroll in January on bronze district. Gap is way too great for newbies and honestly I don't want APB as elitist game cause this "elites" leave one by one each day. Also newbies bring some sanity into game.

Edited by Mitne

3 hours ago, Uhtdred said:

whenever I see a green/bronze/silver I recommend them to go bronze district and they get mad instantly. They are really toxic. All trainees/green/bronze/silvers should go to bronze district automatically..

Yeah happened to me as well. I am not trying to be rude to them, i just think they would have a better time in bronze

1 hour ago, iRawwwN said:

Any player with more than 100hrs-200hrs should NOT be in the Bronze district. High rank Silvers are more toxic to new players than Gold's are to Silvers. Stomping new players to a game is what stops the game from growing. Refusing to get play versus better players stops players from improving.

I agree and disagree. You know some people don't have good PCs and can't really improve as much as others can. Also high rank silver players also get stomped by gold but you are telling them to go play on silver district, so why don't we gold players do the same and go play on gold? 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, I-Reaper-I said:

We all should be adults here, the game is rated 18+, if you want the game to continue gaining population, how about you practice what you're preaching, and instead of making a post about something that LO already works very hard on, use the report function for harassment.

People seem to forget unlike the old GamersFirst, Under LO, bans are not public. Just because you can't see it doesn't mean it's not happening.

1 hour ago, Mitne said:

Some "high-skill" players dethreat to chase after low-level low-skill ones. How are you supposed to learn in that conditions? Also not all of them will become "good" but does it really matter? Every game got policy of welcome doors for people of all kind of skills but in APB it's like taboo - you either need to be good or quit game. You guys are lunatics.

I remember when we got total scramble back in 2013 if you gone solo. It was awesome - you could really learn game and even if some guy gave you trouble, you focused on others... most likely team will have him covered. We got mix of good and bad - how it supposed to be. But no. People moaned over it. So they put threat restrictions. And there was a lot of warnings from everyone that people will just dethreat. Nobody listened. Now it's 2019. You are good enough to be in gold and hold it? Dethreat. Join bronze and stomp this newbies to ground! Then verbally abuse them! Let them feel salt!!!

Been with reroll in January on bronze district. Gap is way too great for newbies and honestly I don't want APB as elitist game cause this "elites" leave one by one each day. Also newbies bring some sanity into game.

Lies, how didnt happen before? A skill based game will allways be elitist and lowest skilled players will allways suffer. Thats how these games works, you cant make everyone happy.

Blame god, milenial furry, to give ones more skill than others.

Just imagine for one second how we played games before, without any ranks but for some reason everyone played against each other without care about skill gaps because no one had how to recognize skill levels beyond the score. Theres been allways skill gap, even cheaters make look skilled players as shit and hide beyond excuses like "but cheats replicate the human reflexes at maximum potential" without knowing that you cant mantain that skill for long periods or you will stress your mind a lot (it happened to me).

I personally believe that LO should make an example out of toxic players, but at the moment LO is in a bad position. The population is already low without signs of improving. LO is stuck playing the short term game rather than the long term game.

Have things improved? Yes, but more can and should be done about toxicity. There are plenty of games that are more welcoming than APB, more populated, and with different/better gameplay. The only advantage that APB has over the current lineup of online games is customization and that can only go so far. Why bother playing a game with stale gameplay and toxic players that go unpunished?

As for those saying that silver dethreaters are worse than toxic golds, I'm not so sure about that. While both are definitely bad, I have personally experienced the toxic golds. The toxic golds are the types of players that take things to a whole new level and try to personally attack others. A good example of this was ffbans. When I used to play in bronze, everything was peaceful, players were nice and missions were actually fun. I'm not sure if things have changed, but I'm willing to bet that dchat in bronze is better than dchat in silver.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

same

I was talking about the system, which create the culture that spawns such comments in the first place ><

tbh I play in silver and ppl whisper me stuff like " aww was bronze district empty ? "

22 minutes ago, BlitzKitty said:

We all should be adults here, the game is rated 18+

haha

1 minute ago, ThrowawayAccount said:

Have things improved? Yes, but more can and should be done about toxicity. There are plenty of games that are more welcoming than APB, more populated, and with different/better gameplay. The only advantage that APB has over the current lineup of online games is customization and that can only go so far. Why bother playing a game with stale gameplay and toxic players that go unpunished?

OMG plz tell me about those games with better gameplay! I personally have never find something that feels remotely close to Apb's gameplay flow and feeling!

Edited by PrincessMimi

I used to be skilled. It's fun to see how people actually think they are close to the level I used to be at.

2 hours ago, DeadPixels said:

I agree and disagree. You know some people don't have good PCs and can't really improve as much as others can. Also high rank silver players also get stomped by gold but you are telling them to go play on silver district, so why don't we gold players do the same and go play on gold? 

fADFnox.png

Forgive my crude paint skill.

Golds should be in Gold Districts but due to the lack of population it's just not feasible unless we want to play the same 15 people over and over. Which generally happens in the Silver districts anyway. Yeah, the games performance is terrible but if you can't get more than 40-50fps in a shooter-game why would you put yourself through it? I use to play on 40fps with a low res/qual config and I still managed to maintain Gold with friends. (back in 2013 this is)

Just because Silvers *might* not have a good PC, doesn't mean they should be allowed to bully newer players. There are certain players that are actual Silvers/Bronze with well more than 500hrs but those are few and far between. They still know how to play and are able to adapt to the game, but whether they do or not is a different story. Games are meant to be fun, and fun for a lot of people is seeing improvement in skills and winning. Winning fairly over other players is an accomplishment, beating players that are better than you is a great feeling. Stomping new players over and over is just a sad show of character, all because someone doesn't want to 'improve'.

Edited by iRawwwN

As a low rank soloing in silver Citadel districts I've been the target of harassment, usually TKing and insults to go along with it, sometimes as often as every other mission but it's really just salt from players scapegoating, it's annoying but not that hard to overlook. I wouldn't report unless someone decided to start a vendetta against me 

Honestly the players who dethreat for the purpose to walk all over lower skilled/new players just to get their rocks off is one of the worst forms of toxicity that would drive players away imo

Oh poor little baby, someone said mean things to him in a videogame. Do you want some free premium and ban everyone who harassed you, little thing?

Edited by LittleGamersFirst

Yep, have  played lots of online games, APB by far has the most toxic playerbase.

You want this to be addressed and harassers need to be penalized with temporary bans. Good luck, my ticket was answered like2 -3 months after it was submitted just to tell me they are "investigating".

Some esports gamers(read as cheaters) thought the gold district is reserved for their arrenged Hack vs Hack fests. Gawd, the amount of rage and insults in district chat just because we decided to play there.

Been on the internet long enough to grow a thick skin so couldn't be bothered but don't expect this from everyone.

6 hours ago, SilverCrow said:

Stream sniping should be strictly forbidden and this is why: Many people are reluctant to stream or stop streaming because of stream sniping (I'm one of the people who quit streaming because I got stream sniped constantly)

Can't forbid and ban for something that can't be actually proven. Stream sniping sucks though....

Edited by Sayori

19 hours ago, I-Reaper-I said:

This has been going on since forever. The APB community is one of the worse out there yet nobody wants to change for the better, G1 also didnt even try to make ppl behave and so far LO has yet to as well.

Reading this thread, there are three issues that stand out.

The 1st issue which the OP has expressed, that any questions that new players ask to the playerbase to

understand the gamplay,

1. what do I do ?
  2. how do I equip a weapon ?
  3. How do I get a car ?
  4. how do I ........?  "git gud"

are met with toxic, nonsensical or otherwise useless replies.

The other issue, is just toxic or harassing comments in general.

The 3rd issue is deathreating.

@LittleGamersFirst raises an interesting solution to one problem.

19 hours ago, LittleGamersFirst said:

If they dont want to be trash talked then they should get good. Its really simple.

The problem with this approach is, that as new players ask questions in district, in order to "git gud",

and are met with anything other than advice, but more toxic, nonsensical or otherwise useless replies.

Those players will have a difficult road to "gitten gud"

Cause, no one is helping them to "git gud".

@LittleGamersFirst, please take note.  🙂

15 hours ago, LittleGamersFirst said:

They will want to get much better after aknowledging that you are ruining others gameplay being a shitter and giving your best to improve yourself.

Please keep in mind, that one of my primary objectives when I play APB, is to NOT, in any way, ruin someone else's gameplay.

This is my first, and foremost objective... in any online game.

Their entertainment and enjoyment of the game, during my playtime, is of the utmost priority and importance.

The hell with what I want.

Even, if I want to "git gud" and ask questions.

As far as just toxic trash talking,

13 hours ago, TanyaSlayer said:

Disable district chat.

Problem solved.

This !!

This may very well help with a fair amount of issues.

I never really did follow down the Tutorial path.

Not even sure how to invoke it.

T ?

I'll look in to it, as I am curious what is offered to new players.