I-Reaper-I

I see low-level players being harassed by skilled players

I see this a lot that lower skill-based players who can't really play the game well are constantly being abused harassed or shit-talked about by higher-skilled players.

Players who just want to enjoy the game or learn the ropes do not get advice from higher skilled players or get any consoling or empathy but instead are constantly being bullied, harrased and insulted of how bad they are.

The community of this game is by far the most toxic (surprisingly more toxic than the CS:GO community) one I have seen so far and it will make a lot of players quit due to sheer harassment and bullying.

If LO wants this game to start growing and people to enjoy this game, this issue NEEDS to be addressed and harassers need to be penalized with temporary bans, even so if they don't change their attitude and tone towards other players then a perma-ban should be due for them.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 3

this is an unsolvable issue that any pvp game with skill ranking has, while it would be nice to have more active GMs i'd rather they focus on actual problems instead of mean words

i'd also disagree that apb is more toxic than csgo - there's generally only a few (if any) of these people per apb district, whereas in csgo you hop from match to match and there's almost always someone spazzing over voip

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, I-Reaper-I said:

I see this a lot that lower skill-based players who can't really play the game well are constantly being abused harassed or shit-talked about by higher-skilled players.

Players who just want to enjoy the game or learn the ropes do not get advice from higher skilled players or get any consoling or empathy but instead are constantly being bullied, harrased and insulted of how bad they are.

The community of this game is by far the most toxic (surprisingly more toxic than the CS:GO community) one I have seen so far and it will make a lot of players quit due to sheer harassment and bullying.

If LO wants this game to start growing and people to enjoy this game, this issue NEEDS to be addressed and harassers need to be penalized with temporary bans, even so if they don't change their attitude and tone towards other players then a perma-ban should be due for them.

If they dont want to be trash talked then they should get good. Its really simple.

Welcome to what happens when a company refuses to take even the most basic moderation action, for any reason ever.

• Like 10

I'm really glad someone is bringing this up. Though, most of the apb forum community will probably call you stupid and say that it's not that high of a priority.

1 hour ago, Glaciers said:

i'd rather they focus on actual problems instead of mean words

This is an actual issue. How do you expect the population to increase if new players are getting bullied out of playing the game? Like the community's toxicity won't ever be completely cleared out, but it can be made MUCH better than what is it now. Undermining this issue is foolish for so many reasons.

1 hour ago, LittleGamersFirst said:

If they dont want to be trash talked then they should get good. Its really simple.

I hope this is a joke. How do you expect someone to want to get better at something if they're being consistently brought down by players who have years of experience with the game?

~~

LO really needs to do better at moderation, cause even I stopped playing the game partly for the toxic people spamming something such as "gg ez" or "ROLLED AND SMOKED BOYS" or "GG IZIPIZI" or "GG trash OP"... And those people (with huge egos) who ragewhisper you for killing them in any way. I doubt people who treat this game like their religion will agree with me on this, but I'm sure a lot of the people who play this game like the average person will agree, at the very least to an extent.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, I-Reaper-I said:

just say : BOSS are you laughing at us ?   you don't need BOSS money ?

Edited by Yood

29 minutes ago, Goldtiger said:

This is an actual issue. How do you expect the population to increase if new players are getting bullied out of playing the game? Like the community's toxicity won't ever be completely cleared out, but it can be made MUCH better than what is it now. Undermining this issue is foolish for so many reasons.

Little Orbit has matchmaking  , threat , and phasing planned after the  Engine Upgrade which means this will be an issue partially dealt with.

It is not being ignored but there are things like the Engine Upgrade that are a necessity first.

31 minutes ago, Goldtiger said:

toxic people spamming something such as "gg ez"

normally that has been non native English speakers because they cant say much else.

not all but most .

31 minutes ago, Goldtiger said:

honestly, i’d rather not have players who get upset over “‘gg ez’ or ‘ROLLED AND SMOKED BOYS’ or ‘GG IZIPIZI’ or ‘GG trash OP’” because in my anecdotal experience said players are usually just as toxic, the only difference is they tend to frame themselves as the victims - afking against “hackers”, teamkilling because “no one is helping”, whining about “op” weapons that they’ve never used and don’t understand, etc

actual harassment like extensive griefing/teamkilling or death threats/slurs in chat is a separate matter and while it would be nice if the ingame harassment /report function was a little closer to real-time GM contact, i don’t see any implementation of that not getting drowned in “x called me a ‘hvr camper fuzzy bunny’ pls ban” spam reports - and then we’ll be right back here with the mean-words-are-bad portion of the community mad because GMs aren’t doing anything even as they clog the system for actual harassment issues

• Like 1

It really seems they don't care about new players. On one hand they want more population but they don't do anything about it. New players struggle and have a hard time + get harassed in their everyday routine. 

As far as i can see the big problem is a lot of new players get silver level since it's so easy to get. They don't know silvers play in bronze and gold play on silver districts and also don't know how to change districts manually so they just press on the district they want to go to and the game spawns them where there's room. They get a mission against good players who have played the game for a really long time and of course die die and again die. On top of that their teammates start talking bad things to them since they get irritated, harassing or team killing them is a common thing.

We also have to mention tutorial was never good in this game and matchmaking is a joke!

1 hour ago, Glaciers said:

honestly, i’d rather not have players who get upset over “‘gg ez’ or ‘ROLLED AND SMOKED BOYS’ or ‘GG IZIPIZI’ or ‘GG trash OP’” because in my anecdotal experience said players are usually just as toxic, the only difference is they tend to frame themselves as the victims - afking against “hackers”, teamkilling because “no one is helping”, whining about “op” weapons that they’ve never used and don’t understand,

Is that what you qualify as "harassment"? I don't think that's what OP qualifies as harassment and there are players who go above and beyond those phrases in game on a regular basis towards pretty much anyone.

If the players that get upset are just as toxic, are you saying you would rather have toxic people that dont get upset over people who do get upset and forget about reducing toxicity overall?

OP hasnt really shown himself to relate to your anecdotal evidence so far, so maybe he has a case?

Edited by UubeNubeh DaWog

2 hours ago, Goldtiger said:

I hope this is a joke. How do you expect someone to want to get better at something if they're being consistently brought down by players who have years of experience with the game?

They will want to get much better after aknowledging that you are ruining others gameplay being a shitter and giving your best to improve yourself.

No one cares about their feelings or yours, stop thinking like a milenial, get good and everything will be alright.

Lets sumarize: no one cares about your feelings; if you play like trash you deserve to be treated like one until you get good; the game should never be modified to be easier for you; no one needs to spend money or any effort into moderation or gms to work for your miserable feelings.

Deal with it.

1 hour ago, DeadPixels said:

It really seems they don't care about new players. On one hand they want more population but they don't do anything about it. New players struggle and have a hard time + get harassed in their everyday routine. 

As far as i can see the big problem is a lot of new players get silver level since it's so easy to get. They don't know silvers play in bronze and gold play on silver districts and also don't know how to change districts manually so they just press on the district they want to go to and the game spawns them where there's room. They get a mission against good players who have played the game for a really long time and of course die die and again die. On top of that their teammates start talking bad things to them since they get irritated, harassing or team killing them is a common thing.

We also have to mention tutorial was never good in this game and matchmaking is a joke!

1 hour ago, Yood said:

It's not enough to acknowledge the problem and write about it, they have to fix it! In 4 months it will be a year since that was posted and nothing was done so far. This should have a high priority and not some new mode. I understand they want to bring more players to the game, but how many will stay when they will see in how bad shape the game really is!?

• Like 3

But we don't need and threat adjustments right. Game is bleeding out and one of it's biggest wounds is in the bronze district.

50 minutes ago, DeadPixels said:

It's not enough to acknowledge the problem and write about it, they have to fix it! In 4 months it will be a year since that was posted and nothing was done so far. This should have a high priority and not some new mode. I understand they want to bring more players to the game, but how many will stay when they will see in how bad shape the game really is!?

Most will just rage quit and leave the bad review. That's nothing new.

5 hours ago, DeadPixels said:

the tutorial gives beginners a General idea of the game . the tutorial can not give you the experience of the game . if beginners have a choice to skip training - they will miss it . I see constant gross of tacticism error many players 255 LV .

I consider myself to be confident users of the game , and only play on the matchmaking system (no groups , no clans , no private groups ) . my ping on the main server is one of the highest (270 MS). But I try to help new players and not let You tear them to shreds .

do you think it's easy for me to play against players with ping in 10-150 ms , clans , private groups and gold in bronze ?

1 hour ago, TanyaSlayer said:

Disable district chat.

Problem solved.

no problem chatting . it is disabled in the main chat settings . many novice players simply do not know .

Edited by Yood

8 hours ago, I-Reaper-I said:

The community of this game is by far the most toxic

Every time I see a new player, I try to help him understand the mechanics of the missions.

I even gave away many Bishadas 1s to several new players.

I dont think we're so toxic after all. 😔

• Like 1

It actually works the other way around too. I have tried helping new players multiple times by explaining to them what they are doing wrong and I got shit talked in return for hurting their pride so...

10 minutes ago, Roxane said:

Every time I see a new player, I try to help him understand the mechanics of the missions.

I even gave away many Bishadas 1s to several new players.

I dont think we're so toxic after all. 😔

I-Reaper-I rights are all very bad .  special case.  ( create a group , recruit newcomers and begin to use them as cannon fodder ) . 

give you a Bishadas with two slots ?   

5 minutes ago, Thial said:

It actually works the other way around too. I have tried helping new players multiple times by explaining to them what they are doing wrong and I got shit talked in return for hurting their pride so...

I came across these on servers the citadel and nekrova  . but we're talking about other people who want to learn how to play .

p.s.   explain to me how I can play in one area with ping 270 MS vs 10 MS !!  is it real ??? can I have a chance to win ?

Edited by Yood

Every time someone does bad, a russian starts talking smack on /d or /w

If not region locking, at least district locking russians that were toxic would be a good start

imagine quitting a game because you got bullied over the chat

16 minutes ago, swindIe said:

imagine quitting a game because you got bullied over the chat

for insults need very good reasons . if you mock new players it's very bad ., but if this is the last 255 lv + the gold in bronze - I do not see this as bad .

Edited by Yood

Bullying makes strong people.

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit
  • Like 2

Imagine being unable to moderate for yourself to improve your own playing experience when handed out the necessary tools like /ignore.