HelplessBaby

Ways Riot feel against APB

Funny enough a lot of this issues were mentioned by me even before OTW Public when we tested connection.

I smell flop all around.

Edited by Mitne

Quite funny how everyone was against the BR mode yet they still decided to force it on us and now everyone hates it even more. Why not make the entire team focus on the engine since it is #1 priority for APB's survival or at least updating the already existing assets like clothing or hairstyles. Anything would be better than a BR mode and the community would actually be happy.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

most of all I do not like the mode of an outside observer , the time of inaction

6 minutes ago, Thial said:

Quite funny how everyone was against the BR mode yet they still decided to force it on us and now everyone hates it even more. Why not make the entire team focus on the engine since it is #1 priority for APB's survival or at least updating the already existing assets like clothing or hairstyles. Anything would be better than a BR mode and the community would actually be happy.

at this point deleting riot would be a bigger mistake than continuing with riot

there's too much dev time and too much publicity involved with riot for orbit to just say "ok sry riot cancelled" without massive (relative to apb) bad pr

• Like 1

I don't care how divergent the gameplay is, on Jericho I worry about it splitting the already tiny district population to the point mission districts are not available.

It's already an issue for gold threat players only having one choice to play missions.

Edited by illgot

30 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

at this point deleting riot would be a bigger mistake than continuing with riot

there's too much dev time and too much publicity involved with riot for orbit to just say "ok sry riot cancelled" without massive (relative to apb) bad pr

Yeah at this point it's too late. I hope they have said their prayers already because this might not end well for them if riot will be a flop. That's like the first real new content from LO which they decided to prioritize over the new engine (so that's kind of like taking a piss at everyone already) and if it's going to be bad people will lose their trust in LO.

Also I'm assuming that this is LO's way of attracting new players or possibly wanting to monetize BR in some way or another but that's the biggest problem with this whole undertaking. They would be trying to attract BR fans to play a game which was not designed for BR. There are plenty of great BR games which were designed specifically for BR ! Why on earth would anyone want to play a bootleg BR in APB ? The weapons are not balanced for a BR experience, neither is the map nor are the gameplay mechanics. People who play actual good BR games will come to APB and play this bootleg BR mode and will leave after realizing that it's bad which will hurt APB.

I understand that LO was trying to build up the hype and stuff but this was not the way to go. There are 4 main things people want right now starting from most important:

1. New Engine - We are literally waiting from 2013-2014. Many people left because they can't even run the game properly since it uses some pre-war technology. I have an i9 9900k and a 2080Ti and the game still struggles to run at a stable 144fps.
  2. Anti Cheat - One of the main reasons why the game has died out was an insane amount of cheaters for how small the game is. So many players desperately wanted attention and recognition within the APB community that it resulted in hordes of edgelord cheaters.
  3. Matchmaking - Can't count how many people left because of getting unfair teams and losing constantly because of that. Not to mention a single instance of each district being full all the time and people clicking "Join" for 20 minutes to get in because there is nobody on the second instance of the given district. Cross district matchmaking was promised years ago (goes back to the engine since Matt has confirmed that they need to upgrade first)
  4. Threat - The shaming of people with the lower skill level, the dethreating, lack of systems to prevent/punish such behavior. The divided community (silvers vs golds). So many people have left because as new players they were being shit talked every mission.

Yet they are deciding to release a BR mode. Yikes.

• Like 4

Idk what they thinking publishing RIOT before the engine upgrade,RIOT should be the bait to attract the new players that will stay because the idea of apb and his customization is so good,the problem is the game is such a mess right now that it would be definitely the death of APB.

And if the starter weapon still being the FBW in riot ,the mode wont last populated more than a week.

Been calling it from the start. Creating a BR from an existing title is an incredibly risky move. Let alone making a game based around that in general. The market is over-saturated with very little room for new entries. Failure is the norm. Especially with Fortnite still keeping things "new and fresh" to enough of an extent where they've seemingly had no issues with player retention as of yet. 

It's like trying to compete with WoW when it was at it's peak during classic to WOTLK. It ain't gonna end well. 

That said there is a chance it could pan out nicely, but I've been concerned about it too. What can you do. They've got their own way of going about things. This was chosen as the ideal direction to move in. 

13 minutes ago, Genobee said:

BR ... Fortnite ... they've seemingly had no issues with player retention as of yet.

Actually, Fortnite's BR has already started losing players. Many people don't like the direction it's been taken.

It's not a mass exodus or anything though, and the game is still incredibly popular at all levels of play.

6 hours ago, Thial said:

because not everyone programs code for the engine.

there's more than one job to do and they already have those tasks being worked on for the engine.

adding more people to the same task wont speed it up.

Not everyone is against a br mode and its very popular out there for games for a reason. Its fun.

4 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

because not everyone programs code for the engine.

there's more than one job to do and they already have those tasks being worked on for the engine.

adding more people to the same task wont speed it up.

Not everyone is against a br mode and its very popular out there for games for a reason. Its fun.

it’s very popular because a select few games made it big using the battle royale model and now everyone thinks it’s the new easy money guarantee

this is like apb quitting it’s full time job to try and become a famous streamer

Edited by Glaciers
typo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

BR games have no depth, i literally will argue that APBs core gamemode is an evolved BR. you are making a gamemode which is objectively a downgrade from the current state of the game. all the while hackers are roaming, connectivity is flawed, game/weapon/car balance is poor.

the only comparison to be made is that APB matches are typically 2v2 3v3 4v4, whereas BR is 50 or 100 players. larger apb matches can be facilitated by new missions, because an item hold for example may be too easy to gimmick... spawns would also need to be addressed.

13 hours ago, Glaciers said:

it’s very popular because a select few games made it big using the battle royale model and now everyone thinks it’s the new easy money guarantee

this is like apb quitting it’s full time job to try and become a famous streamer

I have only heard you claim easy money.

I personally have said its popular to where it can draw people in from a new experience of APB 's br perspective to where they may stay for APB.

I have always said it is not meant to save APB but to add on so that there is more content otherwise APB will stay stagnant and die.

If you don't want to play it then don't play it.

No one said you had to play it or had to even like it.

But as for the rest of us you guys are literally thread after thread trying to beat us down shaming us for wanting to play it.

25 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

No one said you had to play it or had to even like it

thanks for bringing up another issue with riot

it’s not really as simple as “if you don’t like riot don’t play it” because at this point we’ve moved on to “if you want access to 90% of the new content added to apb then play riot” 

ive spoken at length about chasing after new players while ignoring veterans/catering to veterans while ignoring new players so i won’t repeat myself too much, but riot’s been in development for about a year now and as of the last public test it was probably 60-70% finished as a mode - the basic mechanics are (mostly) all there but it’s an unpolished mess

if riot continues to get a majority of focus and i choose not to play, how long will i have to wait before there’s a significant content addition to action districts?

i guess we’ll have a rough estimate wednesday (assuming there isn’t another delay) when we see how much has been done to riot since the last public test

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Glaciers said:

thanks for bringing up another issue with riot

it’s not really as simple as “if you don’t like riot don’t play it” because at this point we’ve moved on to “if you want access to 90% of the new content added to apb then play riot” 

ive spoken at length about chasing after new players while ignoring veterans/catering to veterans while ignoring new players so i won’t repeat myself too much, but riot’s been in development for about a year now and as of the last public test it was probably 60-70% finished as a mode - the basic mechanics are (mostly) all there but it’s an unpolished mess

if riot continues to get a majority of focus and i choose not to play, how long will i have to wait before there’s a significant content addition to action districts?

i guess we’ll have a rough estimate wednesday (assuming there isn’t another delay) when we see how much has been done to riot since the last public test

Ignoring my point?

3 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

Ignoring my point?

2 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

No one said you had to play it or had to even like it.

if you want access to 90% of the new content added to apb then play riot

52 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

nope you missed my point.

the rest you got good enough though.

Edit : Forgot to mention this....... some of your posts on this topic are based off of fears of what is unknown such as content after that.

Fears have no substance they are only fears.

Not facts.

Edited by Fortune Runner

3 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

nope you missed my point.

the rest you got good enough though

what is your point then

3 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

Edit : Forgot to mention this....... some of your posts on this topic are based off of fears of what is unknown such as content after that.

Fears have no substance they are only fears.

Not facts.

ok, facts

-we have been told that riot will have 2 month seasons each with unique content rewards, “that may eventually make it to mission districts”

-we have not been told of any new content additions specifically for mission districts (unless you include vague “x will be looked into in the future” statements)

-riot is receiving its own pay model (riot pass) while premium bundles are being cut back

-riot has received development prioritization over several other key areas

there’s a pattern here and i feel my concerns, both about being “forced” to play riot for a majority of new content and about how long this situation will last, are valid 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

what is your point then

ok, facts

-we have been told that riot will have 2 month seasons each with unique content rewards, “that may eventually make it to mission districts”

-we have not been told of any new content additions specifically for mission districts (unless you include vague “x will be looked into in the future” statements)

-riot is receiving its own pay model (riot pass) while premium bundles are being cut back

-riot has received development prioritization over several other key areas

there’s a pattern here and i feel my concerns, both about being “forced” to play riot for a majority of new content and about how long this situation will last, are valid 

See that's worded much better and doesn't come off as a bully.

That was one of my points that a few people who don't want RIOT were coming off as a hostile bullying and instead should just simply say " if you want to play it fine but this is how i feel"

too many are getting pushy towards those who do want to play it.

Much better.

Thank you.

3 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

See that's worded much better and doesn't come off as a bully.

That was one of my points that a few people who don't want RIOT were coming off as a hostile bullying and instead should just simply say " if you want to play it fine but this is how i feel"

too many are getting pushy towards those who do want to play it.

Much better.

Thank you.

nothing i’ve said in this thread has been remotely aggressive 

ive discussed the reasons why “if you don’t like it don’t play it” is a poor excuse

youve still not explained your main point