Sign in to follow this  
Thelnformer

Mythical Engine Upgrade & APB:R

Rename APB:R to something better + Remove everything related to G1  

124 members have voted

1. 1. Should APB:R be renamed to something else after the Engine upgrade?

Hi guys,

Β 

So i was wondering, we will get the riot mode soon and maybe the Engine upgrade in the next 6 months or so ( I really hope so). What if LO actually change APB:Reloaded into something new ?

They could just shutdown the APB:Reloaded ip , delete the forums.gamersfirst.com and simply removing anything and everything that shows anything related to G1.Β 

Β 

APB:Reloaded could be named to APB:Reborn , some other companies has done similar stuff in the past. Simply upgrading the entire game, while keeping the old story location and everything else other than visual stuff and renaming the game to "XX 2" . A perfect example would be Defiance 2. They simply renamed their old game and changed the graphics (although it still looks like a game from 2015). A lot of new players including me, started playing it, people who have never tried Defiance 1 at the first place, all because " A NEW GAME" YAY !

Β 

What if APB could have that? Giving the game that engine upgrade + renaming the game to something new + removing everything related to G1 would make a huge difference. A lot of new people would join as something like this happening would give people a hope that, the game is "NEW" / being rebuilt from ground to become something better.

Β 

What do you guys think about this?

Edited by Thelnformer
  • Like 1

I've already mentioned it multiple times. LO should drop the whole "Reloaded" thing and go back to the game's roots. Call it "All Points Bulletin" everywhere again, on steam and whatever other platforms.

Β 

You can't rename the game to something entirely different though.Β 

• Like 9

Ok for rename, but restart social life Is useless. Remember how g1 killed old forum sections, trashing without care all good player's contribute to the Golden Age of apb .2012.

Β 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Flaws said:

I've already mentioned it multiple times. LO should drop the whole "Reloaded" thing and go back to the game's roots. Call it "All Points Bulletin" everywhere again, on steam and whatever other platforms.

Β 

I haven't been on apb when it was only All Points Bulletin, but i think removing that reloaded is something that should be done for sure.

• Like 2

It should be nothing else than "APB: All Points Bulletin"

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Ruoskat said:

It should be nothing else than "APB: All Points Bulletin"

πŸ˜‚

Β 

A=All

P=Points

B=Bulletin

ive never referred to the game as APB reloaded.

APB Revolutions after 4.0..till then not gonna be huge changes worthy to rename the entire game

If the game is good enough, it can be named "people with guns", nobody cares, they'll play.

Strip reloaded +1

Apologies,

Players

But unfortunately renaming the game is being pushed back a week

Β 

:^)

Yeah I wouldnt mind them dropping "Reloaded" and returning to "All Points Bulletin"

7 hours ago, Ketog said:

Β 

I haven't been on apb when it was only All Points Bulletin, but i think removing that reloaded is something that should be done for sure.

I was not able to be either but I think that the game should go back to it's roots, especially that we've now left the darkest times of the game. Besides, many players still don't actually know what the APB abbreviation stands for. Just bring the name back the way people might know it from RTW days and when they decide to check it out on YouTube and Twitch and it looks much better and more playable than ever, they'll hop on to try it.

Β 

However, renaming it will likely have to wait until LO are ready to market the game and advertise it around which requires many more updates coming post 3.5.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fayeth said:

What's in a name?Β 

a sequel

Β 

Reloaded productions goofed when they renamed apb.

The name could be reverted back to original plus it is what we refer to it as anyways.

But the real questions then would be :Β  how much does that cost and is it practical to do so.

i dont know.

All Points APB: All Points Bulletin
though would be good to just go back to just regular APB without the reloaded

Just drop 'Reloaded' from it if anything were to be changed.

if anything.. having it or not.. will not make much of a difference.. considering that barely anyone (even within the community) calls it that.

14 hours ago, Bellenettiel said:

if anything.. having it or not.. will not make much of a difference.. considering that barely anyone (even within the community) calls it that.

Mate, we are already here, it doesnt matter what WE call it.

Β 

We need a fresh name to show people who ISN'T here yet that, this is something new , something that has a good team and community behind it.

Everyone sees APB:Reloaded + G1 as a black mark.

i'd agree that keeping the G1 and possibly even the "Reloaded" were bad ideas, as everyone mistakenly associates G1 with the developer, despite the fact that it is a delivery platform, it's like being angry with steam when valve dont release HL3 ...

unfortunately its unavoidable, i'd have renamed G1 to something else... maybe cleaning the name or changing it to identify that it's "under new management" could help refresh peoples views on it.Β 

The engine upgrade isn't gonna change a thing when it comes, so no. Unless there's a change to graphics and/or core gameplay, I don't think they should change the name just for the sake of deceiving players.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sign in to follow this