Sign in to follow this  
Weeb TheEpicGuyV2

Letter For Matt Scott

First of all, I would like to thank you for giving this game another chance and all that your company has done thus far for apb in the year and a bit you have taken over (even if some of the choices were questionable)

I commend you for sticking with the community this long with how we can be at times. APB would be deeper in the grave if not for you

With the type of feedback riot has gotten from the community (or at least those who use the forums), I hope you don't lose the determination to try out new things with apb. It doesn't hurt to try to be innovative

The community has been lied to for years now about the engine upgrade with G1, and now that a new company has taken over and has promised to deliver it, some of us might have gotten a bit impatient and annoyed with having to wait a bit longer, affecting one's ability to give critical feedback (then again, critical feedback might have actually been given. Who knows)

With that lip service out of the way, the failed launch of riot this Wednesday can only be described as botched and complete disaster. I hope it has brought to light how abysmal the current engine is, and that after riot is released, the engine upgrade is the highest priority. Most of the updates prior have broken one thing or another

I understand you wanting to give us new content in the meantime while we wait for the engine upgrade to retain the playerbase/keep those who still remain entertained, but if every forthcoming update in the future before the engine upgrade is going to be a repeat of this Wednesday, please focus primarily on the engine upgrade after riot

Sure it will suck that we won't have new content for a while, (and some of us might even complain despite what we said in the riot feedback of how the engine upgrade should have come first), but once the engine upgrade is out, you can start focusing on pumping out update after update with limited/no fears of something critical breaking

I'm sure at some points I sounded like a dumbass, but I hope the core point got across: with the first launch attempt of riot being a disaster, prioritize the engine upgrade once riot goes live

TL;DR - thanks for everything so far, don't lose hope. After the failed launch of riot this week, I hope the urgency of the engine upgrade has been emphasized

Edited by Weeb TheEpicGuyV2
What's grammar?
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 3

Couldn't say it better.

With apb's history of accumulated failures and let downs, remember that any more failure will have much more of an impact than a successful update.

As said, this week's postponed update was a huge letdown for most people, but don't loose motivation LO, apb is unique and we still don't want it to go, doesn't matter how hard you fall  keep standing back up and at some point, it will pay off.

But please, get that engine upgrade done and over with, everything that's coming before the engine upgrade makes us feel like less work is being put into it, doesn't matter how much you guys says it doesn't change anything.

Edited by Ketog
  • Like 2

Maybe we jinxed it, since Apb is so unique many of us dont want it to be turned into another <insert name> royale ><

We can be cranky at times but it is out of passion. Thanks for keeping up with us and continue fighting for APB. It is appreciated.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LittleGamersFirst said:

Another spam message from epicguy.

ironic 

i won’t attempt to speak for the community but my issue isn’t with riot itself, it’s the apparent inability for orbit to either stick to their schedule or announce a more accurate schedule that they can stick to - almost every significant milestone has blown past even the purposefully vague dates we’re given 

it’s been over a year, and it greatly concerns me that orbit seemingly doesn’t have a handle on their own capabilities yet

• Thanks 2

All we want is the new engine, we didn't get new content in 8 years, we can wait until new engine.

Tbh, they should have added more missions, contacts and weapons to the game, instead of a whole new game mode, that doesnt even fit to APB at all.

4 hours ago, foolish ninja said:

Tbh, they should have added more missions, contacts and weapons to the game, instead of a whole new game mode, that doesnt even fit to APB at all.

wow they cant do that

Sign in to follow this