Seedy

Another thing fr RTW days.. no segregated /d .. its pointless now. and other fun points

Soooo..

Its pointless having segregated districts now. they would be as well removing the badges from the districts. Golds play in Bronze all the time so the badges dont mean shit these days.

I preferred having no district badges. When you got a game V better players you tried harder then respected the players you played against. When the player better than you got the upper hand and kicked patootie, they still GGed you in /d

Remember when a high prestige player entered /d

Its was something to strive for.

Bring it all back @MattScott

Have a look at the history of APB and see what we want back.

Cheers

Seedy

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

It's been already said by Matt Scott that the threat system will be reworked. Probably threat will stop been visible and when phasing system comes, there will be better matchmaking pool to compliment any changes in the threat system.

Something tells me that you don't follow closely what Matt is saying.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Saxtus said:

It's been already said by Matt Scott that the threat system will be reworked. Probably threat will stop been visible and when phasing system comes, there will be better matchmaking pool to compliment any changes in the threat system.

iirc the only thing mattscott has said about the threat system is that threat changes should be more gradual, thus making dethreating (and upthreating) more difficult

1 hour ago, Saxtus said:

Hiding threat is an idea that has been kicked around for ages now. 

Always thought it was a terrible idea. People seriously enjoy clawing their way up higher. Especially in FPS games where a lot of players seek to show off/compete with eachother. How many of them have some type of rating system in place? A great deal of them. Especially the popular ones - for good reason. People like it.

10 hours ago, Genobee said:

Always thought it was a terrible idea. People seriously enjoy clawing their way up higher. Especially in FPS games where a lot of players seek to show off/compete with eachother. How many of them have some type of rating system in place? A great deal of them. Especially the popular ones - for good reason. People like it.

yea I dont want to see threat levels of players not shown, just districts. So people dont have preconceived ideas about who they will meet in /d

Edited by Seedy
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Genobee said:

Always showed me that they didn't understand what APB is in it's core when they came up with those ideas. Ultimately it is a pvp game.

Trying to remove threat and cater to some casual community that will flock to another game rather sooner than later was always the wrong way.

However I do understand that the great customization also attracts those people so hope is that with phasing and improved matchmaking there can be a place for both to be happy.

With a larger population where 'lesser' players could move around districts so they don't get opp'd vs the same better players over and over I could see threat-less/non-segregated districts being a thing. With how few players there are on NA (even EU really) I don't think the current Silvers/Bronzes would last if they got opp'd vs Golds more than once a day.

It's been a while since we had the locked down districts (before this we had the lowered bonus' etc) and players are probably too use to it. I see the majority of Silvers leaving if they get put into the same district as the average Gold.

Why did this need another thread exactly?

Also removing threat restrictions on districts is a band-aid solution at best and will more than likely mean less people playing, especially in the lower skill groups.

11 minutes ago, WhiskeyTangoFoxX said:

Also removing threat restrictions on districts is a band-aid solution at best and will more than likely mean less people playing, especially in the lower skill groups.

basically, this^

14 hours ago, Saxtus said:

To be honest they should at least tweak threat thresholds etc when they took over. It's been a year already and god knows how long it will take them after 3.5.

4 minutes ago, Clandestine said:

To be honest they should at least tweak threat thresholds etc when they took over. It's been a year already and god knows how long it will take them after 3.5.

Please realize that nothing they do to threat will change your skill relative to another player. 

So while your threat color might change, you will still continue to get the same opp you always have. 

2 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Please realize that nothing they do to threat will change your skill relative to another player. 

So while your threat color might change, you will still continue to get the same opp you always have. 

and fake golds or fake silvers that belong in bronze as backup...

20 hours ago, Seedy said:

Its pointless having segregated districts now.

Indeed but they not gonna move a finger for matchmaking at this point is clear..

I even feel like dethreatering is a severe problem than cheaters in this game.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, DonBlack said:

I even feel like dethreatering is a severe problem than cheaters in this game.

It is. 

And yet, almost nothing is done about it. 

i love how people say 'DISTRICT PHAZING' like everyone knows what it means

because what the fuck is DISTRICT PHAZING' aside from sounding stupid as fuck?

14 minutes ago, Alani said:

i love how people say 'DISTRICT PHAZING' like everyone knows what it means

because what the fuck is DISTRICT PHAZING' aside from sounding stupid as fuck?

people moving between districts in a dynamic match making fashion and doing it seamlessly. Like if you can imagine the whole game server as one big district.

1 minute ago, Seedy said:

people moving between districts in a dynamic match making fashion and doing it seamlessly. Like if you can imagine the whole game server as one big district.

what fucking dream world did someone think of this working? lmao

1 minute ago, Alani said:

what fucking dream world did someone think of this working? lmao

a world in which we want a solution for the inherent matchmaking and threat issues that come from a 50v50 district

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Segregation Is the best booster for disonest detreathers , and the worst punishment for true goldies.

• Like 1

As long as threat level is visible, there will be dethreaters. Hiding the threat level will make matchmaking more fair as the threat level calculated by the game will be closer to the truth.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Saxtus said:

As long as threat level is visible, there will be dethreaters. Hiding the threat level will make matchmaking more fair as the threat level calculated by the game will be closer to the truth.

this..

since we cant actually rely on any of the seasoned players in the game to protect new players. All self made teams should also be abolished. Have a server for clans to face each other, let the normall players to put the teams together.

4 hours ago, Saxtus said:

This may be true in some way... but there are a lot of games which show some kind of skillrank and don't have a problem with dethreating.

Most of those games offer some kind of reward for being a higher rank.

In APB skillranks just don't matter and you don't have a motivation to get to a higher rank.