Spy

So BE gone, EAC in but rollback happening... Now what..

So with Battle Eye gone and EAC for the next patch, what will happen now until the next patch? No anti cheat? Please tell me that you've thought of this...

Rollback ... A.K.A. using the previous patch. So the one with BE still in it.

It's not that difficult

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

but they terminated the battle eye contract did they not? so its gonna be a cheat engine weekend 😞

1 minute ago, Rat1oNRUs said:

but they terminated the battle eye contract did they not?

Exactely my point.

Just now, Rat1oNRUs said:

but they terminated the battle eye contract did they not?

yeah i was wondering about this tbh, surely there are some issues with orbit saying "we're no longer using battleye" and then continuing to use battleye

They are still using BattlEye for now. They did not update to the newer patch:

5 minutes ago, Flight said:

Hi everyone

I quickly wanted to address a common misconception about option 2) listed in Matt's post.

The second option would imply not having any anti-cheat within the game, seeing as BattlEye was already removed within this build.

We saw fit to delay the patch rather than release new content with no anti-cheat within the game.

I hope this clears up some confusion.

Edit: I have updated the original post to reflect this.

WILD AND CRAZY CHEAT FIESTA WEEKEEND!?!?!? noooooooooo........

... ok, who cares 😃 how's it different from the current gameplay with BE active 😃 
YES I can post multiple videos to backup my "claim"! Buuuuuuuuuuuuut.... i'm not allowed:D
"Send them to support"...

Zzzz.... sure, if support takes note and starts posting results of videos you sent, so players learn from it and you're not just sending videos into a void, with no followup.
aaand since we're not allowed to post them and point fingers and talk fun about them 😮  (Cussss then "name and shame bohoo!!!) ---Apparently players can't decide themselves to agree with a video claim posted by another player or disagree with it.) (psst, maybe it would look bad when videos pop up and there are no staff insta-banning the twat, despite everyone lul'ing at the blatancy of the player racing a vegas ... on foot: :DD),...
.....oh well, they get to do what they get to do=) 

/pours rest of his salt on some nice fries

Edited by Tigrix

Pretty sure any legitimate anti-cheat would have a clause in their contract that would allow for termination delay in cases like this. One of the first things you learn in IT is that "bad stuff happens, no matter how careful you are". So since something went horribly wrong with this patch, it's likely that Little Orbit's contract with BattlEye has triggered such a clause and thus they're given a grace period where they can still use their anti-cheat service for some duration of time while they go about fixing the issue.

That being said, there's also the possibility that Little Orbit just simply paid for an extension, which gives them more time to work on the problem without having to stress out or worry about an imminent deadline.

Corporate America is cancerous, but it isn't always that bad as common public perception would have you believe. It's honestly more akin to a game, and if there's one thing gamers know it's how to beat games.

1 hour ago, Hexerin said:

Pretty sure any legitimate anti-cheat would have a clause in their contract that would allow for termination delay in cases like this. One of the first things you learn in IT is that "bad stuff happens, no matter how careful you are". So since something went horribly wrong with this patch, it's likely that Little Orbit's contract with BattlEye has triggered such a clause and thus they're given a grace period where they can still use their anti-cheat service for some duration of time while they go about fixing the issue.

That being said, there's also the possibility that Little Orbit just simply paid for an extension, which gives them more time to work on the problem without having to stress out or worry about an imminent deadline.

Corporate America is cancerous, but it isn't always that bad as common public perception would have you believe. It's honestly more akin to a game, and if there's one thing gamers know it's how to beat games.

im pretty sure they just pay the company bi monthly or monthly anyhow

most subscription based services do that, so their 'contract' would basically run out whenever the month ends more than likely. so they probably purchased the service for this month

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Tigrix said:

WILD AND CRAZY CHEAT FIESTA WEEKEEND!?!?!? noooooooooo........

... ok, who cares 😃 how's it different from the current gameplay with BE active 😃 
YES I can post multiple videos to backup my "claim"! Buuuuuuuuuuuuut.... i'm not allowed:D
"Send them to support"...

Zzzz.... sure, if support takes note and starts posting results of videos you sent, so players learn from it and you're not just sending videos into a void, with no followup.
aaand since we're not allowed to post them and point fingers and talk fun about them 😮  (Cussss then "name and shame bohoo!!!) ---Apparently players can't decide themselves to agree with a video claim posted by another player or disagree with it.) (psst, maybe it would look bad when videos pop up and there are no staff insta-banning the twat, despite everyone lul'ing at the blatancy of the player racing a vegas ... on foot: :DD),...
.....oh well, they get to do what they get to do=) 

/pours rest of his salt on some nice fries

shut up tigrix 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1