MattScott

Delaying the RIOT launch till next week

1 hour ago, Hausman said:

i start to prepair for another delay until next week lul  😂

Isn't funny. 🙂

6 hours ago, DopeCameLusky said:

this game has a lot to learn from fortnite, fortnite actually has a player base, making money, and is fun.
APB needs to be a cartoony URBAN battle royal but a little bit nastier than fortnite, more appealing to the adult players, and without building
that way it can really take a part of fortnites player base, a lot of fortnite player (like myself) would rather invest our times in a more mature BR.
and the thing is, apb is almost ready, it has fightclub to practice the mechanics, it has missions which can be used as the WIN element for the battle royale.
imagine a game where you play apb but you are competing with 3 other squads to "steal a car" type mission, then you fight the other squads who survived the RAID mission, when a team loses its out, its basically an APB battle royal tournament ,apb can be a great battle royal, we could still have missions just like it is now but in a battle royal tournament

Sorry man, but this is a terrible idea.  APB was never intended to be a BR.  It was supposed to be an open world cops vs robbers game where criminals would run around doing illegal stuff, and enforcers would witness them or be dispatched against them if an NPC witnessed the crime.  BR is just a fad genre that is already starting to fade away.  Changing APB's core mechanics to that of a BR is a death sentence for APB because then the loyal players who have been here all these years keeping the game alive would be alienated just because the game changed it's entire premise to be shoved into a genre that everyone is already getting tired of.  The loyal players are here because there is no other game like APB.  APB fills a niche that no other companies have even tried to be part of since it came out almost a decade ago.  In short, APB's uniqueness is what is keeping it alive.  If you forcibly shove it into a genre that is so over saturated these days, APB will die.  If you want a more mature BR play Apex or PUBG or something.  I'm not saying I don't want APB to change at all, but what you're proposing isn't an improvement.  I want APB to be the best version of itself that it can be, not a mediocre version of a different game.

Edited by BrandonBranderson
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BrandonBranderson said:

I want APB to be the best version of itself that it can be, not a mediocre version of a different game.

Like Kevin Bacon!

But seriously, most people do just want an APB that runs well and doesn't have cheaters and threat issues. It's also what the people who no longer play want. People sometimes forget that most of APB's player base don't actually play APB. That sounds backwards I know but so many people want to love APB but can't. They're still waiting for their perfect game to become playable for them. Until then they're either just hanging around social or playing other games.

There's a reason my news videos get more views that APB has players. People want to know if it's time to come back.

Hopefully with Easy anti cheat and 3.5 it will be a huge step in the right direction. Then it won't matter if RIOT is around or not, the game will have enough players to support it. Some people will love it in the same way some love fight club. But all those people who loved the missions will finally be able to play again.

Don't worry about RIOT. Enjoy it or don't enjoy it. It will either help or it will have no real effect. It won't be the death. Maybe eventually APB will consist of missions, 2 fight clubs then revolving game modes like Fortnite does: RIOT to Chaos District to Beacon etc.

Edited by WitchQueen
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, WitchQueen said:

Like Kevin Bacon!

Is a national treasure, prove me wrong.

• Like 1

A delay to a delay, idk wether to call that a failure or just a disgrace

1 minute ago, Darkzero3802 said:

A delay to a delay, idk wether to call that a failure or just a disgrace

Hold on, there's more delay than the 3 other hours?

Just now, yNescau said:

Hold on, there's more delay than the 3 other hours?

They delayed the update a week last week, now they delayed it 3 more hrs today. a delay to a delay.

1 minute ago, Darkzero3802 said:

They delayed the update a week last week, now they delayed it 3 more hrs today. a delay to a delay.

Oh okey, thank you. 1 Hour to go ...I hope.

I got pleasure for GameMasters.
It would be nice if GMs gave us (for all players) 1 day premium or 1-5 jocker boxes for this downtime, I think everyone would be satisfied.

2 minutes ago, Gesikowsky said:

It would be nice if GMs gave us (for all players) 1 day premium or 1-5 jocker boxes for this downtime, I think everyone would be satisfied.

More likely to see the bonus day of Premium than the Joker Mystery Boxes, especially since they're releasing a new one with this patch.

13 minutes ago, Gesikowsky said:

1-5 jocker boxes for this downtime, I think everyone would be satisfied.

Male homosexual boxes?

17 minutes ago, xHenryman90x said:

Male homosexual boxes?

LMAO NVMD

Edited by Clandestine

What the f*ck is wrong with LO?

I waited hours for nothing.

We need some credit like free premium or something especially for people who have bought the premium + we have been waiting for these updates too long because this ain't the first time this happened delays after delays... I still don't complain about updating the game because I love it! But i'm not happy for waiting so damn long... (I know I'm not good at English)

should not the new Jockerbox come today? 
or have I misunderstood that?

I have not logged in for a half year and today i see it's still the same as when I left...  im sad... 23.000 G1c waiting for the new Jocker Box...

9 minutes ago, TackoGirl said:

I have not logged in for a half year and today i see it's still the same as when I left...  im sad... 23.000 G1c waiting for the new Jocker Box...

You're gonna use all that G1C on the new Joker Box? lol

9 minutes ago, TackoGirl said:

As mentioned earlier this evening by Lixil, we are working to get it released for you all to enjoy.

~@mayii