MattScott

Delaying the RIOT launch till next week

it's hard to see lo struggling with our project and our society .

Edited by Yood

Its ok Matt, maybe next year! 

Dont know why but i have a feeling that even if it gets released next week, its going to buggy and laggy. :^) 

100 % problems will not pass us by . BUT ! .trust believe it.  working server with problems , it is better than generally disconnected servers .

Edited by Yood

24 minutes ago, TheDogCatcher said:

Isn't that what everyone here is asking for though ?

patch now and fix it later.

Lol. With servers crashing every 10 minutes before you can even finish a mission and whole weekend with patches downtime? I don't think so.

Can you do two weeks of premium again, and this time with a code, so everyone can use it

Edited by BernsteinGirl

5 minutes ago, Yood said:

it's hard to see lo struggling with our project and our society .

Struggles because they're not truly listening to the community.If they were only focused on 3.5 and after that fixing matchmaking and adding this 2 new contacts - everything would be okay.After dat thinking for new modes and other new stuff.But no they decided to make it theyr way..and stop blaming the community-this are the CEO decisions(mostly i guess)You cant effort to messed up more with this already failed/complicated game.You must fix the core stuff everybody are demanding and after that maybe start looking at the clouds and being creative

G1/RP made mistake with the consoles and i told them back there(2013 on old forum)that this is mistake and they are not big enough and dont have the resources to handle all the work and just have to focus on PC upgrade and eventually after is done -the game will grow with more stuff

And now similar thing..we have the consoles which slows everything down because is work x3 -plus LO keep wasting time with that BR ugly lookin/nobody want it mode(which not gonna bring players like they hope)So many wasted years because of bad decisions from the top..not from the bottom and thats the truth

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, TheMessiah said:

If they were only focused on 3.5 

I'm just curious, what do you expect from 3.5?

9 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

At least the slight genaral visual update which gonna bring a lot of old/new players(cause people are dumb this days and they catch more on visuals than anything else)which gonna start new chapter in the game.Immediately after that server optimization/bugs fixes,good aniticheat,fair matchmaking and the 2 new contacts..and not stretching turkish delights for 5-6 years

Edited by TheMessiah
  • Like 3

i understand that they are looking for more players so the new mode for them wil gather a bit of a few BR enthousiast stil i don't see a lot joining for the mode.

next thing seeing that the update is postponed  we wil see if next week wil be the week for riot. wish they could do it earlier.

also advertisement for new BR mode wasn't the smartest idea. definitly not when its only in beta. lot wil maybe join or just say the game sank tot he bottom of the sea

stil i hope thsi game can survive couse i aint done with mugging to 255

23 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Not so much the looks but I hope it to be cleaner code and also hopefully easier implementation of content. A good base to start on. I don't know what is going on in the background but surely it would be more effective to finish the code and build upon it rather than migrate more stuff from older version of the game. As for the ramifications of the decision to keep working full time on EU; well it could possibly bring back people for two days tops becasue there would be no content to go with it. As I said though hopefully the implementation by then could be faster and not so unnecessarily convoluted.

Riot this and Riot that.....

Just give me new contacts......  🤨

need to focus on what everyone want the most, 3.5, new visuals, better graphics, etc. its really that simple. LO Is gamerfirst guys. nothing changes.

give us two weeks of premium while we want please mkay

• Like 1

Can I just say that if you expect 3.5 to be anything more than a new workbench for LO you will be disappointed. It's gonna take months after 3.5 to actually make the game good.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheMessiah said:

Struggles because they're not truly listening to the community.If they were only focused on 3.5 and after that fixing matchmaking and adding this 2 new contacts - everything would be okay.After dat thinking for new modes and other new stuff.But no they decided to make it theyr way..and stop blaming the community-this are the CEO decisions(mostly i guess)You cant effort to messed up more with this already failed/complicated game.You must fix the core stuff everybody are demanding and after that maybe start looking at the clouds and being creative

G1/RP made mistake with the consoles and i told them back there(2013 on old forum)that this is mistake and they are not big enough and dont have the resources to handle all the work and just have to focus on PC upgrade and eventually after is done -the game will grow with more stuff

And now similar thing..we have the consoles which slows everything down because is work x3 -plus LO keep wasting time with that BR ugly lookin/nobody want it mode(which not gonna bring players like they hope)So many wasted years because of bad decisions from the top..not from the bottom and thats the truth

I think that all had to be done COMPLETELY the OPPOSITE !   for whom to do the work ? if there is no population !!!  

work in vain will not bring results . unfortunately there are not very Incompetent players ANYMORE ! and LO listens to people like you .

Edited by Yood

40 minutes ago, VanilleKeks said:

Can I just say that if you expect 3.5 to be anything more than a new workbench for LO you will be disappointed. It's gonna take months after 3.5 to actually make the game good.

It's supposed to be a dev oriented update, pretty sure most people know this by now, that's why they wanted RIOT out the door asap before the engine upgrade. Now that everyone has seen RIOT and knows it's complete trash and doesn't fit the game at all (maybe due to how they and G1 thought of the mode, not entirely because it is BR), how can they hype anything at all when they decide to finally launch the engine upgrade? Not to mention the crappy performance I bet it will have, it's either going to be worse than current state or the same, and that isn't an accomplishment at all. The engine upgrade was supposed to fix performance issues and give the devs a better workflow and tools to develop the game, if one of these 2 is a failure, LO might as well not even release it and just hold on until they fix both. ----> This is exactly what is happening and why we don't get 1 single piece of news about it not even the so promised screenshots from 2 months ago.

To conclude: enjoy the game while you can bros, 2019 is make it or break it for LO, and to me, I'm pretty sure of what the outcome of all of this will be with either 3.5 or without.

Edited by swft

Even the damn game itself knows Riot is a lost cause, just end it already

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

youuuuuuuu 😛

stop it :classic_blink:

1 hour ago, -Dan- said:

Even the damn game itself knows Riot is a lost cause, just end it already

im not supporting this comment but it did make me chuckle 🙂

1 hour ago, swft said:

It's supposed to be a dev oriented update, pretty sure most people know this by now, that's why they wanted RIOT out the door asap before the engine upgrade. Now that everyone has seen RIOT and knows it's complete trash and doesn't fit the game at all (maybe due to how they and G1 thought of the mode, not entirely because it is BR), how can they hype anything at all when they decide to finally launch the engine upgrade? Not to mention the crappy performance I bet it will have, it's either going to be worse than current state or the same, and that isn't an accomplishment at all. The engine upgrade was supposed to fix performance issues and give the devs a better workflow and tools to develop the game, if one of these 2 is a failure, LO might as well not even release it and just hold on until they fix both. ----> This is exactly what is happening and why we don't get 1 single piece of news about it not even the so promised screenshots from 2 months ago.

To conclude: enjoy the game while you can bros, 2019 is make it or break it for LO, and to me, I'm pretty sure of what the outcome of all of this will be with either 3.5 or without.

if its make or break, and LO need to sell up im first in the queu for the IP. Ill put it back up and we can all play for freemium 🙂

keep the servers off, don't ever turn them on again and sell this game to someone else possibly..you can't handle this pile of trash game

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Lato said:

keep the servers off, don't ever turn them on again and sell this game to someone else possibly..you can't handle this pile of trash game

I start the bidding at tree fiddy.

I would've been surprised if everything had worked out as planned... cheers for the update and good luck.

7 hours ago, TheDogCatcher said:

Can't say I'm shocked or even slightly surprised by this news,  this is just par for the course by now.

I've been saying right from the start that LO have been very unprofessional in their attitude towards this game.

I guess when making Disney games for 3 yr olds it's easy to pick up some bad habits as it's not exactly the most discerning audience.

Right now I have to say I wish we could have G1 back, they had more than their fair share of faults but at least they could release a patch without screwing it up.

5 hours ago, TheDogCatcher said:

say what you want about G1 but they did bring this game back from the dead, and kept it alive for a few more years, I don't have much faith in LO doing the same.

RIOT =/= EAC

The anti cheat is the reported culprit. Not  RIOT.

This is not directly meant for you. It is meant for the community so please don't take it as directed at you specifically.

7 hours ago, TheDogCatcher said:

say what you want about G1 but they did bring this game back from the dead, and kept it alive for a few more years, I don't have much faith in LO doing the same.

as much as i might agree i think you’re giving a little too much credit to g1, they bought a game that had 100k players and by the time they were done with apb only 1% of that pop was left lol

2 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

I start the bidding at tree fiddy.

fowa fiddy! digidy!

8 hours ago, TheDogCatcher said:

G1 had no experience building games - they were a publisher and not much else. LO make games and publish. I have confidence in LO.