MattScott

Delaying the RIOT launch till next week

damn, who could have thought that this would happen?

btw: you dont want to release riot without anticheat like battleeye to keep us safe from cheater? mate have you been playing this game lately? lmao

Its good they delay the release 

1)Implement patch and lots of bugs and errors - community complains LO dont know what they doing and not testing properly before release.

2)Roll back and delay until everything is sorted out and ready for roll out - community still complains

Cant please the community huh. Typical people.

Edited by RUN1

It's honestly pretty pathetic that this community is as toxic as it is. Do any of you have an idea of how complex this game's systems are? Or how Little Orbit has literally jumped into a codebase made by an entirely other team that wasn't maintained properly due to team size? I'm sad I don't get to play the update today, but I completely understand when things go wrong, they have to be fixed before being pushed to live.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Feyr666 said:

It's honestly pretty pathetic that this community is as toxic as it is. Do any of you have an idea of how complex this game's systems are? Or how Little Orbit has literally jumped into a codebase made by an entirely other team that wasn't maintained properly due to team size? I'm sad I don't get to play the update today, but I completely understand when things go wrong, they have to be fixed before being pushed to live.

Sorry but they had 1 year? and Tiggs helped them in the beginning?  And that an anticheat does not work directly no one knows why ....... but where do you see something wrong from the community now? is normal that the people are waiting And after a few hours they say we will try again in 1 week?  

Is exactly when you wait for something and then it should come And the company calls you and says it does not come today We need another week? would you be happy?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Xantia said:

and Tiggs helped them in the beginning

tiggs was a CM and a producer, i sincerely doubt she helped them with the code, other than maybe to point out where the old devs kept their documentation 

16 minutes ago, Xantia said:

Sorry but they had 1 year? and Tiggs helped them in the beginning?  And that an anticheat does not work directly no one knows why ....... but where do you see something wrong from the community now? is normal that the people are waiting And after a few hours they say we will try again in 1 week?  

Is exactly when you wait for something and then it should come And the company calls you and says it does not come today We need another week? would you be happy?

I'm not telling people to be happy with not getting an expected update, I'm telling people to stop being so outraged over the tiniest thing. Toxicity is what's killing this game more than anything.

• Like 1

yes bros cant wait !!!! riot woo!!!! obama nubmer 1!!!!!!!!!!!!

8 hours ago, MattScott said:

I have to make a difficult call this morning.

A good leader takes a little more than his share of the blame, a little less than his share of the credit
 Arnold H. Glasow

Men make history and not the other way around. In periods where there is no leadership, society stands still. Progress occurs when courageous, skillful leaders seize the opportunity to change things for the better.
Harry S. Truman

Thanks Matt. Better Luck Next Time. We Got Your Back. 

I don't want to tell you guys, but I TOLD YOU.

Merged.

19 hours ago, Acornie said:

A whole week? Couldn't you like, ya know... do it Friday or something... I'm extremely disappointed. I see no reason to play now for this entire week, honestly

I'm just not playing anymore until updates come, but yeah, delays all the time.

How did mattscott know that i would be too tired to play the game today, he decided to wait for me, ty bossman

• Like 2

I don't even what should i say, i'm disappointed but i totally understand that some sh*t went awfully wrong. 

Part of me just want to say "haha fk LO u never deliver stuff on the promised time", but a major part is so fukn glad that you guys still fighting to bring new stuff for this beloved buggy mess that we call APB.

Hope you guys can fix everything in time.

I heard a rumor that this was all a hoax perpetrated in order to implement Easy Anti Cheat quietly so as to catch all the hackers who were alerted by the dataminers finding the EAC info before LO wanted them to.

GDQiCFe.gif

Edited by CookiePuss
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

I heard a rumor that this was all a hoax perpetrated in order to implement Easy Anti Cheat quietly so as to catch all the hackers who were alerted by the dataminers finding the EAC info before LO wanted them to.

[what the fuck dude]

jesus man warn a homeboy first before you give him glaucoma 

11 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

jesus man warn a homeboy first before you give him glaucoma 

fine... fixed

I mean I could wait for RIOT 7+ years, cause most of us hate BR. OTW just proved me that BR will never be enjoyable. 

Merged.

19 hours ago, GhosT said:

So I've talked 3 guys into redownloading APB after years because it's finally getting content.

... now they're all like "lmao nothing changed" and uninstalled.

Yay.

Please don't rush updates that fast in the future.

Rush updates? Huh what? Dont you know it was supposed to come in March? 

• Like 1

Can't say I'm shocked or even slightly surprised by this news,  this is just par for the course by now.

I've been saying right from the start that LO have been very unprofessional in their attitude towards this game.

I guess when making Disney games for 3 yr olds it's easy to pick up some bad habits as it's not exactly the most discerning audience.

Right now I have to say I wish we could have G1 back, they had more than their fair share of faults but at least they could release a patch without screwing it up.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, TheDogCatcher said:

Right now I have to say I wish we could have G1 back, they had more than their fair share of faults but at least they could release a patch without screwing it up.

And there it is folks, the dumbest thing you'll read all day. 

• Like 2

If you cannot release RIOT for so long, how long will you release UE 3.5? 

Engine upgrade - the task is 10 times more difficult. 

RIOT (BETA)

1. March. 

2. First half of May.

3. 5 June (lol) 

4. 12 June [predict postpone again]

And this is only beta.

With such rapid progress, I am sure the release will not be this year.

Edited by introlapse
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

And there it is folks, the dumbest thing you'll read all day. 

say what you want about G1 but they did bring this game back from the dead, and kept it alive for a few more years, I don't have much faith in LO doing the same.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Feyr666 said:

That's pretty much like every other game forums

3 hours ago, TheDogCatcher said:

Can't say I'm shocked or even slightly surprised by this news,  this is just par for the course by now.

I've been saying right from the start that LO have been very unprofessional in their attitude towards this game.

I guess when making Disney games for 3 yr olds it's easy to pick up some bad habits as it's not exactly the most discerning audience.

I wish old forums were alive I would point you there to see how many patches were followed by another patches that were later followed by 5 hotfixes and that shit was pretty regular occurance. I don't remember a single game update that went without game braking bugs or servers crashing.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Clandestine said:

That's pretty much like every other game forums

I wish old forums were alive I would point you there to see how many patches were followed by another patches that were later followed by 5 hotfixes and that shit was pretty regular occurance. I don't remember a single game update that went without game braking bugs or servers crashing.

Isn't that what everyone here is asking for though ?

patch now and fix it later.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Goof aside, this would actually be nice, but it ain't gonna happen. All the twats just gonna quit a few weeks until their stuff updated and no real progress will be made by EAC swap unless they actually have some secondary measures this time around.

Edited by VanilleKeks