MattScott

Delaying the RIOT launch till next week

just when i thought ima get some dust off my account today i read this 😕

25 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

So many of you wanted new content updates as soon as possible to the point of even rushing Little Orbit and were very vocal about this.

And Little Orbit , in their kindness ,  tried to hurry up because of how many of you were restless and flat out griping.

Now EAC is being difficult and causign a delay , and all you do is talk bad about Little Orbit for doing what you were demanding - for Little Orbit to rush out new content - SMH SLL

riot got panned as a shitty br from the moment orbit first teased it last year, they have no one to blame but themselves for rushing content that a significant portion of the (visible) community had no interest in

this isnt the first time, or the second time, or the third time, or the fourth time, or even the fifth time orbit has failed to follow their own set schedule and the community has been more than accommodating of missteps and mistakes over the past year, especially compared to g1 - but there's only so many times we can laugh it off as "bad code" or "unforeseen circumstances" before it begins to look like orbit has some serious internal issues that arent being solved

your attempts to somehow blame the community for these issues are either extreme ignorance or an expert troll that ive managed to fall for

Edited by Glaciers
typo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

riot got panned as a shitty br from the moment orbit first teased it last year, they have no one to blame but themselves for rushing content that a significant portion of the (visible) community had no interest in

I'm actually curious where you get "rushed content" out of a delay caused by EAC.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I cannot understand what is so difficult about setting a date later than expected, so you can either be ahead of schedule and impress us, or at the worst, be on schedule. This sort of delaying just makes everyone upset.

Or just give us nothing and release it when its ready.

Edited by speee
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, SkittyM said:

I'm actually curious where you get "rushed content" out of a delay caused by EAC.

it was a direct response to fortune runner claiming it's somehow the community's fault that orbit is rushing out riot

This game will die with this company ........ just as it was with gamersfirst

• Like 1

You cannot blame EAC for this. If your programming is not modular like you claimed it would be for the new engine; then why is it all or nothing for this patch?

12 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

this isnt the first time, or the second time, or the third time, or the fourth time, or even the fifth time orbit has failed to follow their own set schedule and the community has been more than accommodating of missteps and mistakes over the past year, especially compared to g1 - but there's only so many times we can laugh it off as "bad code" or "unforeseen circumstances" before it begins to look like orbit has some serious internal issues that arent being solved

your attempts to somehow blame the community for these issues are either extreme ignorance or an expert troll that ive managed to fall for

What I said is true.

but I never said what you twisted my words to be with that long  winded post of yours.

1 minute ago, Yoss said:

You cannot blame EAC for this. If your programming is not modular like you claimed it would be for the new engine; then why is it all or nothing for this patch?

Because they're swapping out Battleye for EAC.  And with EAC not functioning correctly, its either run a game with no form of anti-cheat or hold things until its fixed.

Personally i prefer waiting over getting kicked every few minutes or dealing with rampant cheaters.  And yeah, there's plenty of cheaters now but do you really want more for a week?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

What I said is true.

but I never said what you twisted my words to be with that long  winded post of yours.

16 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

an expert troll that ive managed to fall for

fuck why didnt anyone tell me

7 minutes ago, SkittyM said:

Because they're swapping out Battleye for EAC.  And with EAC not functioning correctly, its either run a game with no form of anti-cheat or hold things until its fixed.

Personally i prefer waiting over getting kicked every few minutes or dealing with rampant cheaters.  And yeah, there's plenty of cheaters now but do you really want more for a week?

When we had no anti cheat it was a nightmare to play like that , but we could see who was not hiding that they cheat anymore.

AND NO I DON'T WANT THAT NIGHTMARE OMG NO LOL

Once was enough tyvm I'll wait.

what a dumpster fire, glad i didnt tell anyone to return till there are actual stuff thats playable

People have been waiting too long for something to happen in this game and are just getting disappointed always  to 90% will be the same next week and they will need more time  it has always been that way since gamersfirst

4 minutes ago, Xantia said:

People have been waiting too long for something to happen in this game and are just getting disappointed always  to 90% will be the same next week and they will need more time  it has always been that way since gamersfirst

Well there was a few events last year for new content for seasonal and holiday events.

After the extremely extended maintenance last month, I would have been alright with option 1. I like that LO is trying to move the game forward, but I think these patches are too ambitious. Legitimately feel let down this time around.

I think the majority of us would have rather had the servers still down vs waiting another week for another apology.

1 minute ago, Leefekyn said:

After the extremely extended maintenance last month, I would have been alright with option 1. I like that LO is trying to move the game forward, but I think these patches are too ambitious. Legitimately feel let down this time around.

Agreed

And agreed.

Just NEVER option 2

1 minute ago, Fortune Runner said:

Well there was a few events last year for new content for seasonal and holiday events.

Anyway what they got till now? they change servers and get BE the Showstopper is from Gamersfirst and not lo Some events well.......but the same events which gamersfirst also do just some events with gms they made thats all^^ more not  they change  armas well but that's not what people are waiting for^^

1 minute ago, Xantia said:

Anyway what they got till now? they change servers and get BE the Showstopper is from Gamersfirst and not lo Some events well.......but the same events which gamersfirst also do just some events with gms they made thats all^^ more not  they change  armas well but that's not what people are waiting for^^

Does the people really know what they are waiting for though?

3 minutes ago, Yoss said:

I think the majority of us would have rather had the servers still down vs waiting another week for another apology.

Yes, personally I would rather not play 3 days or idk how long than wait 1 week and then maybe it works.

Just now, Fortune Runner said:

Does the people really know what they are waiting for though?

And for what you waiting for? 😄 to get some armas stuff or to get Engine update and all?  and get some new mods in this game Asylum is not fun  

I have waited for years 🙂 I can wait another week especially for sth. I have no interest in anyway. 

Wish you the best of luck for less bumps in the road, LO, while I patiently wait for the EU.

Edited by TheJellyGoo
  • Like 2