MattScott

Delaying the RIOT launch till next week

"We have spent months integrating the system and connecting it to our /report system, so data from players can help drive detection systems."

LMAO

unknown.png

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, IROCkiller said:

choose which district you want and connect, don't use the advanced tab

Patch isnt even out yet, so that's not an issue.

its like u guys are clueless or smthn idk ....

1 hour ago, MattScott said:

2) Launch without Easy Anti Cheat or BattlEye enabled. (No protection against cheating)

Honestly that would be hella fun if there was a rollback at the end.

• Like 2

Oh btw, where the Engine update screenshots you promised on Monday, 7 mondays ago? 😛

23 minutes ago, SkittyM said:

Last second issues are a thing.   We had only discovered this particular issue with it last night after a day or two of testing things. 

auth issues are not "last second issues". this is something that should have been found days before, not doing tests right before release. No they don't look unprofessional, THEY ARE unprofessional.

This is just another example. I get it they are small company without any experience with "big" online games but at this point this is just a meme.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SkittyM said:

Patch isnt even out yet, so that's not an issue.

this is literally an issue happening right now it has nothing to do with the new patch, other than probably being caused by it

Just now, Sayori said:

auth issues are not "last second issues". this is something that should have been found days before, not doing tests right before release. No they don't look unprofessional, THEY ARE unprofessional.

This is just another example. I get it they are small company without any experience with "big" online games but at this point this is just a meme.

REAL

I don't want to repeat what others said, but I will do it again. . .
🤣

It's mind blowing how brainless some of these decisions are before the engine upgrade. . . Not a good idea at all. . .
But well, our opinion doesn’t matter - No one asked for this game mode to begin with, you decided on your own without asking the community what it wants. . .
"I never want to have to make this kind of apology again. Little Orbit can and will do better in the future. Sry, Matt" -  It hasn't been a month. . .

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Sayori said:

I'm guessing they made changes right before deploying; programming sucks like that sometimes. The next second it simply doesn't work like it used to xd.

Edit: Next in pew news. Matt did an oopsie.

Edited by jerycho
  • Like 1

Just now, jerycho said:

I'm guessing they made changes right before deploying; programming sucks like that sometimes. The next second it simply doesn't work like it used to xd.

No professional company makes last second changes if you are not 110% sure they will not affect anything, Unprofessional company.

9 minutes ago, Sayori said:

It's an issue that cropped up last night when we were actually testing something else. 

Edited by SkittyM
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, SkittyM said:

It's an issue that cropped up last night when we were actually testing something else. Most of the testing was focused on RIOT mode some im sure nobody came across it earlier since you can't select RIOT from the advanced tab nor is there much reason to switch outside of RIOT. So it's actually not surprising at all that it showed up so suddently.

uhm , skitty , don't you have an NDA to respect ?

Edited by Ketog

1 minute ago, Ketog said:

We can assume that there's an exception for damage control in nda.

cant you guys install norton and patch riot now??

• Like 1

Option 2, we can survive without any anti-cheat for a week, please, It'll cheer us up

3 minutes ago, Ketog said:

d4cde05bfd8580151427993fdef8e6bd.png

everything about orbit is dumb rn

1 minute ago, jerycho said:

We can assume that there's an exception for damage control in nda.

You assumed wrong. He asked and got permission to clear this up.

3 minutes ago, Machine659 said:

please option 2, i guess we can survive without EAC for week

Just now, JeremyKyle said:

Option 2, we can survive without any anti-cheat for a week, please, It'll cheer us up

Just do it.

Anti-cheat doesn't work on this game lmao.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WhiskeyTangoFoxX said:

You assumed wrong. He asked and got permission to clear this up.

Was half joking. But its good that we know what happened.