MattScott

Delaying the RIOT launch till next week

6 minutes ago, jerycho said:

You see, maintaining minecraft servers is as hard as this clearly.

omg rofl

but yeah I feel bad for Little Orbit and how hard they try but still couldn't catch a break.

Option 2 would've been better... 

18 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

why would this even be an issue, isnt battleye still around?

if its not then wouldnt option 3 (rollback) be the same as option 2 except without the new content?

Because it's all already compiled into one build and I don't know how it looks like in their ancient UDK but knowing APB it's probably pain to do anything

rather have the new engine update & eac than this riot game mode tbh.

• Like 7

Can you please explain why option number one is ok?

Cause I don't get it.

6 minutes ago, Roblo said:

fuck riot mode, focus on the game engine instead, the least thing we need is another god damn battleroyal.

agreed. they should've scrapped all work for riot mode when they picked up the game from RP...

• Like 2

Haven't read shit but ITT: WoWWWwWWwW ''mR MaTt ScOtT'' wHAT a SUrpRiSE!!

you have been disconnected from the server unexpectedly

Well, as they say shit happens. Better to delay it than release broken things.

• Like 4

Well, no worries, at least content won't be pushed like other companies do and then an horrible state of the game will grow up.

I was expecting this as soon as i seen the extended downtime, big oof.

Thanks for communicating with us, knowing what happends in the back is always a good thing, at least for apb's case.

Edited by Ketog

45 minutes ago, GhosT said:

Wait, press releases and marketing effort? Before the engine upgrade? Not a good idea at all.

Seriously @MattScott you need to take this to heart. Advertising this game before the engine upgrade (and associated umbrella of fixes) would be just about the absolute worst action you could take. This is pretty much the core reason the game is in its death throes as it is, you definitely don't want to agitate that if you actually care about the game's future.

• Like 3

I got a question, What company tests one of their biggest updates right before releasing it? At this point you guys just make yourself look unprofessional as hell, you had only 2 OTW tests, you guys changed a lot after the last delayed OTW test and you guys didnt think to test it again, but test it the same night you guys are going to release it? joke of a company

9 minutes ago, Tocuh said:

you have been disconnected from the server unexpectedly

Yup I wonder who  are those 3 people online playing tho

51 minutes ago, Chenki said:

Maybe without EAC? We need JT store permanents! Or just give us a list of items 😕

Couldn't agree more. Cheaters will always be there, just a new anticheat will keep the away for a few weeks maybe months.

Why next week? Just launch the update when you fix the problem you can launch the update on thursday or friday too or even sunday. It doesnt have to be wednesday 

Hi everyone

I quickly wanted to address a common misconception about option 2) listed in Matt's post.

The second option would imply not having any anti-cheat within the game, seeing as BattlEye was already removed within this build.

We saw fit to delay the patch rather than release new content with no anti-cheat within the game.

I hope this clears up some confusion.

Edit: I have updated the original post to reflect this.

• Like 1

wish i could join a district and not get kicked instantly lol!

not sure why you don't get your testers to actually test patches before they go live.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MattScott said:

, but during some final testing, we noticed a problem with Easy Anti Cheat. The team has spent the last several hours working with Kamu to address it, but I don't see a quick resolution. 

228/5000

I believe that the new anti-fraud system saw the amount of people
that they will be unlawful and I will not work so that we continue playing, because if it worked, right now the population would have been reduced by 50%

Thank you very much for the information and your effort, we thank the whole community for your work to you and your programmers and developers, thanks to all!

I would have opted for the first option! Some people have patience that others do not.

Edited by SirVilla

Hilarious how you can't expect anything from this game without getting disappointed anymore. I had my expectations set low, but this is unspeakable. RIOT is going to be the downfall of APB.

• Like 1

Option 4: Launch the update without any anti cheat, And when you finally fix the problem with the anti cheat then release a new patch after some hours or days. 
WE WANT AN UPDATE seriously im heart broken

• Like 2