Today I came across a streamer I was watching this person for almost an hour and only just realised that he was using some sort of crosshair overlay type where it keeps a custom crosshair in the middle of the screen and doesn't move anywhere.

I asked him a few questions regarding the crosshair program and he personally said he asked a GM about if this is allowed etc and apparently its allowed and it's not banable.

Is this true? Will that person be banned for using this. I am curious if people will be banned for using a custom crosshair overlay within APB.

Link for the crosshair: https://www.reddit.com/r/FortNiteBR/comments/8t3mc9/how_to_get_a_custom_crosshair_pc_only/

Thanks, Ash.

Edited by Ashn
  • Like 3

can we not do this again?

orbit just make a pinned post with all the current allowed and disallowed edits please 

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

orbit just make a pinned post with all the current allowed and disallowed edits please 

Way, way too easy. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

Way, way too easy. 

so easy they wont do it

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, largeAPBgamer said:

having a crosshair is a disadvantage

How are you suposed to aim then?

Seems to me he/she is asking a legitimate question. Yes, its been asked a million times, but this is how you treat a new person in the forums and the game.

I don't know the answer to this myself. I consider it a form of cheating. Just like shaders and editing game files so you only hear enemy or hear them better. 

Thanks for showing your Douchiness once again.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

14 minutes ago, Havana said:

but this is how you treat a new person

2385e48958a911d40e45d7e03a57fd09.png

🤔

I really don't see a problem with custom crosshairs. There are a lot of multiplayer games where you can change the crosshair to your liking

• Like 1

In my day I remember when players would just draw a dot on their monitors to simulate a crosshair none of this overlay custom crap.

Then there was the games that actually let you customise it in game - those were the days pwning n00bs with my lime green triangle.

It should be plain by now that if you have to run any other program with APB it'll get you banned unless it's the Advanced Launcher (for now).

Thanks for the replies, although my question has not been answered. Me personally, I dont think it should be banable I think it should be allowed. It doesn't give an advantages as what I can see,I  mean I am fine with the default apb crosshair but it would be nice to have this feature in the game.

Can a GM find out if this is banable or not please.

Thanks, Ash 

Little orbit can't even ban blatant speedhackers so I don't think you have to worry about a crosshair mod. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Seedy said:

Some monitors have built in crosshairs. Are they going to ban specific monitor types? See Acer monitors.

And ASUS (cant find acer screenie)

https://www.asus.com/Microsite/No1-Gaming-Monitor-Brand/GamePlus/

Ninja Edit

BAN THE HEATHEN!

It is  a matter of game design and fairness.

The game was designed to not provide a crosshair in specific situations. And no matter how much people claim to know the center of their screen, I am sure no one knows pixel exactly where this is.

Now we have said screens able to project crosshairs and other easy methods to get one permanently which would never be able to be controlled by LO.

This circumvents the intended mechanic and therefore we should for fairness reasons just get an permanent optional center dot for APB by LO. In the end what does APB lose? The crosshair which isn't there in specific situations? Has that ever really added a very relevant "feature" to the game? I don't think so.

• Like 1

Crosshairs overlays are fine. 

For whatever reason we won't likely get a list of what is or isn't allowed until after 3.5 goes live. 

No point in arguing about it, it's not up to us anyways. 

• Like 2

I actually have DTL active right now.  I use a tiny green dot in the middle of my screen.  Helps with any shooter (currently playing Void Bastards).

Edited by illgot

2 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Crosshairs overlays are fine. 

The one he's using is a 3rd party software crosshair. The TOS is very specific about 3rd party game enhancers. Feels a bit off when SPCT says it's ok.

16 minutes ago, Spy said:

The one he's using is a 3rd party software crosshair. The TOS is very specific about 3rd party game enhancers. Feels a bit off when SPCT says it's ok.

Well what do you say to the hardware ones? IRL P2W? TOS says a lot of things and yet people still run configs so

Edited by jerycho

I hear what you're saying. This only proves that it's giving illegit people more leverage, simply because those who are supposed to set an example fail to execute the TOS.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Spy said:

So you say crosshair overlays are fine. So where do I get the crosshair overlay from? because I am pretty sure they're all exe files and if apb detects 3rd party shit running in background pretty sure the account will frag up 

OverlayXhair is that safe to use? 

Edited by Ashn

2 hours ago, Spy said:

We had this discussion with Matt regarding the discrepancies between the ToS and reality. 

Myself and others have begged LO to make public statements, but the tl;dr is the rules will be re-written for 3.5 and LO just doesn't see the point in updating the current rules now only to rewrite them again for 3.5, even if they are out of date. 

Edited by CookiePuss

10 hours ago, LilyV3 said:

It is  a matter of game design and fairness.

The game was designed to not provide a crosshair in specific situations. And no matter how much people claim to know the center of their screen, I am sure no one knows pixel exactly where this is.

Now we have said screens able to project crosshairs and other easy methods to get one permanently which would never be able to be controlled by LO.

This circumvents the intended mechanic and therefore we should for fairness reasons just get an permanent optional center dot for APB by LO. In the end what does APB lose? The crosshair which isn't there in specific situations? Has that ever really added a very relevant "feature" to the game? I don't think so.

true. perma centre dot would be a good option

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Ashn said:

Thanks for the replies, although my question has not been answered. Me personally, I dont think it should be banable I think it should be allowed. It doesn't give an advantages as what I can see,I  mean I am fine with the default apb crosshair but it would be nice to have this feature in the game.

Can a GM find out if this is banable or not please.

Thanks, Ash 

From experience during gamersfirst age crosshair overlays were NOT considered a banable offense, however, modifying the game files (custom shaders) was indeed against the TOS and could lead to diciplinary actions. I would suggest to contact the customer support and ask, that way you will get an official response.

1 hour ago, PGAW67 said:

I would suggest to contact the customer support and ask, that way you will get an official response.

Ahh I remember being this gullible. 

...good times. 

Its fine I've spoken with a GM in social earlier they said its 100% safe although I will not be using this. I just wanted to test it and see if it actually helps and it doesn't well imo