Seedy

What 3 things would you like to bring back from RTW days?

1 hour ago, Knite said:

I'm also in the "current TTK is too fast" camp, but people like to argue that when Reloaded trialed RTW TTK districts, the community reaction at those times was sufficient to judge RTW TTK as not worth bringing back; those districts, however, were not RTW TTK because they included Reloaded mechanics, ultimately negating the experiments' results.

This was incredibly poorly done, no doubt on purpose.  Qwentle, or G1 as a whole just really didn't want to do it in a way that would make players say "Hey, I like that more than the current system we have".  One of the things I appreciate that G1 did was increase the jump height.  The RTW jump height was way too low.  I personally liked the no-recoil though.  But lol, the percs one-shotting cars was funny.  I'd also like a slightly longer ttk.

Edited by BrandonBranderson
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Knite said:

APB has always had a 100m hard render range.

Damage dropoff (weapon curve system) was introduced after Reloaded launched, which heavily contributed to the meta we have now. Before dropoff, RSA and ACT-44 could counter CR762 and HVR to a degree; now you hardly see anyone using either of those sidearms.

I'm also in the "current TTK is too fast" camp, but people like to argue that when Reloaded trialed RTW TTK districts, the community reaction at those times was sufficient to judge RTW TTK as not worth bringing back; those districts, however, were not RTW TTK because they included Reloaded mechanics, ultimately negating the experiments' results.

those districts never had anyone playing in them. 

If I remember it also had a few issues like the OSMAW still had instant triggers (or wasn't available) and not all normal weapons were available for use.

Reloaded basically handicapped the district then when no one wanted to play an empty district with limited weapons and buggy explosives they patted themselves on the back for their change in TTK.

Edited by illgot

On 6/9/2019 at 4:49 AM, illgot said:

didn't bullets have greater range than 100 meters?

I think LTL even had longer than 35 meter range.

I would love to have the old TTK/TTS back along with the range we used to have during RTWs time.

The way I remember you still get a red crosshair (and hit) when hovering over an enemy that is 100-105m away while not visibly rendered.

Edited by TheJellyGoo

dunno if anyone said it in here yet so I'll just throw it in:
faster top speed.

right now it feels like driving a shopping cart downhill... I wanna feel actual speed when I'm driving a sports car... would make races a lot more interesting aswell...

btw, why dwell in old memories when you could imagine what APB 2 could be like :^)

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Snubnose said:

faster top speed.

did rtw have a faster top speed?

iirc we’re locked to the current top speed because of how the districts are built; going too much faster causes extreme loading issues

12 hours ago, Glaciers said:

did rtw have a faster top speed?

iirc we’re locked to the current top speed because of how the districts are built; going too much faster causes extreme loading issues

I didn't play RTW, but I heard it had a higher topspeed... but looking at this video, it doesn't seem faster... maybe it just took a lot longer to get there? maybe it was patched out in that version? maybe what I heard is just wrong. but I did hear it, and not just once...

anyway, even if RTW never really had faster cars, APB could really use some more top speed...

EDIT:

oh also, "going too much faster causes extreme loading issues"
I don't think that's the case... I've been flying through the maps multiple times due to bugs / glitches, qutie a lot faster than the top speed and the game didn't have any loading issues... sure, on weak PCs it might have slightly more stutter but there's no real issue here... (especially after the engine update it shouldn't)

also, I've seen streams / videos of speedhackers that also went faster than the topspeed of cars... didn't look like they had any loading issues LUL

Edited by Snubnose

8 hours ago, Snubnose said:

I didn't play RTW, but I heard it had a higher topspeed... but looking at this video, it doesn't seem faster... maybe it just took a lot longer to get there? maybe it was patched out in that version? maybe what I heard is just wrong. but I did hear it, and not just once...

anyway, even if RTW never really had faster cars, APB could really use some more top speed...

Currently the fastest cars max out at around 53 mph.  Just throwing that out there for anyone that doesn't know.  Back then under the old driving system (which I preferred) cars had a lot more grip, which is another reason they would roll over so easily back then, alongside them actually having a realistic center of gravity and pretty much everything had softer suspension, except the Fresno if I remember correctly.  If you cut a turn too sharp then your wheels could catch and you would roll.  Anyway back on topic, along with more grip comes faster acceleration because the tires actually catch on the road unlike now where we just slide around everywhere.  Nowadays you don't notice burnouts at all because they removed most of the tire smoke a few years ago, but most of the faster vehicles do burnouts when you first take off.  The Vegas (non 4x4 version) does it the most, so it's the most noticeable with that car.  So maybe they're confusing a combination of the better grip and the old camera sway which improved the sense of speed with a higher top speed?  Personally I'd love to go back and try out the old driving system again because even though you had a high chance of rolling your car if you weren't careful, it was still just more fun to drive with in general.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, BrandonBranderson said:

Nowadays you don't notice burnouts at all because they removed most of the tire smoke a few years ago

Wonder if it'll come back after the Engine Upgrade™ like with tracers? Would be nice...

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

Wonder if it'll come back after the Engine Upgrade™ like with tracers? Would be nice...

I really would love to see the tire smoke come back.  G1 said it was removed for performance reasons but it didn't make a difference in the slightest.  It was always really cool to see a Vegas drift by with a bunch of smoke rolling off the tires.  Now all we're left with is a few little puffs every couple of feet if you're in a good drift.  

Forgive me if it's a little out of place here (i didn't play APB back before reloaded), but here are my 3:

-RAF (refer-a-friend)

-Daily/weekly activities (the ones that rewarded stuff like jmb's)

-tracers

20 hours ago, Clumsyhunt3R said:

Forgive me if it's a little out of place here (i didn't play APB back before reloaded), but here are my 3:

-RAF (refer-a-friend)

-Daily/weekly activities (the ones that rewarded stuff like jmb's)

-tracers

refer a friend was decent. Why is that not a thing now?

1 minute ago, Seedy said:

it was bad because

1. no friends

2. can only select so many items

also the 'friend' didnt receive anything

4 minutes ago, Seedy said:

Because a crazy percentage (around 80% if i remember correctly) of the people who participated were just exploiting it.

Also, remember the items that were offered were paid items, so the more people who participated meant less cash for g1 (at the time).

I think they could fix this by making refer-a-friend exclusive items or even if RAF just gave JT. 

But hey, in my opinion, even if the people doing it were using fake accounts, at least it was people playing the game. 

I’m pretty sure G1 took alot of these things mentioned and actually threw them in the recycle bin.

they had big plans... they didn’t need any of that old junk 🤨👍

1) Tracers

2) Increased TTK (way to low right now)... there are way to many weapons that they no longer have they'r own niche.... the current weapon balance is absurd.

I feel like the weapon balance right now is a real joke... who they did listen to ? the bronze, silvers, cheaters ?

3) Events with g1c even if is a low amount of it.

4) Active GM's in game.

That is what i would like to see.

I think that weapon balance was much better in the old days then it has ever been since g1 took over.

Also a real clean up of the cheaters after the engine upgrade is done because no matter what g1 does they still are the main plague of this game.

Edited by Jumanna

No stupid OOB system.