Seedy

What 3 things would you like to bring back from RTW days?

Random - faster - respawns like in case you'd suicide.

Vaquero front flips

Remove skyroofs for 4x4 stunts and water driving

Edited by Yukate
Missing word

Back in the days criminals used to be excellent drivers and often practiced hours out of mission just to perfect escape routes while enforcers were excellent at reading the map, anticipating escape routes and setting up road blocks to stop fleeing criminals. You often see enforcers patrolling the streets (often together with a partner) trying witness criminals committing crime. You often saw criminals engaging in ram raiding, mugging and stealing cars. The whole Witness mechanic was a central entry point to start missions. This game used to have (or at last had the potential to get) a feeling of Fast and the Furious or Gone in 60 seconds. Cops and Robbers.

Today world events (ram raiding, mugging and stealing cars) is just something that newbies do in empty servers. There are also not a single missions where the focus is good driving (where the objective is to drive fast but still avoid hitting pedestrians, traffic signs and other cars etc).

Just now, Bishada8800 said:

There are also not a single missions where the focus is good driving (where the objective is to drive fast but still avoid hitting pedestrians, traffic signs and other cars etc).

Probably because driving in APB sucks. 

On 6/4/2019 at 7:57 PM, Hexerin said:

I'm pretty sure that's an almost universal wish. Tracers added a lot to gameplay. Also, I share that as the one thing I would wish return. That being said, tracers existed in the early days of the game's relaunch under GamersFirst. They removed them because "performance issues" or some such nonsense.

I don't think I'll ever really understand why people care about this. If you mod your gun, its muzzle flash is now blue. However, since modding your gun is mandatory progression, everyone's gun has blue muzzle flashes. There's nothing unique or interesting about the mechanic.

They never removed tracers due to performance issues, They just broke them one day and never bothered to fix it

1 hour ago, Bishada8800 said:

Back in the days criminals used to be excellent drivers and often practiced hours out of mission just to perfect escape routes while enforcers were excellent at reading the map, anticipating escape routes and setting up road blocks to stop fleeing criminals. You often see enforcers patrolling the streets (often together with a partner) trying witness criminals committing crime. You often saw criminals engaging in ram raiding, mugging and stealing cars. The whole Witness mechanic was a central entry point to start missions. This game used to have (or at last had the potential to get) a feeling of Fast and the Furious or Gone in 60 seconds. Cops and Robbers.

Today world events (ram raiding, mugging and stealing cars) is just something that newbies do in empty servers. There are also not a single missions where the focus is good driving (where the objective is to drive fast but still avoid hitting pedestrians, traffic signs and other cars etc).

would probably be best to close down empty servers so that this cant happen. I remember doing allot of ramrading and the fuzz would be on my tail! Was great fun!

3 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Probably because driving in APB sucks. 

I saw a review for the RTW version before and they compared driving to riding in a shopping cart full of excitable dogs.

Oh and another thing I'd like brought back, the tire smoke for the Vegas.  The Vegas used to churn out a ton of smoke when they drifted, now it just kicks up a few puffs of dust.  All cars did this but the Vegas did it the most because the thing is pretty much in a constant burnout until it hits 2nd gear and the tires catch.  I think a problem with the current Vegas is that it's acceleration seems a little disappointing, but if it still had the smoke to indicate that it's actually doing a burnout then that would feel a lot more satisfying.  G1 claimed it was removed to help performance but I didn't notice a difference when they did it.  

Definitely would love to see these 3 things from RTW be put back into the game:

-Earning Premium from just playing the game  (paying for Premium was optional with RTW)

-Gold 10  (this would bring the Gold districts back from the dead, and a reason to be Gold)

-Car-chases  (now that was a ton of fun)

A couple of other things that would be fun to bring back as-well:

-Old dumptruck physics  (where you could smash pretty much anyone's car)

-Vaquero & Ambulance being able to do backwards wheelies

Edited by SuperConker
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, SuperConker said:

Earning Premium from just playing the game  (paying for Premium was optional with RTW)

iirc the only way rtw premium was optional was if someone who was already subscribed traded it to another player via the ingame marketplace

3 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

iirc the only way rtw premium was optional was if someone who was already subscribed traded it to another player via the ingame marketplace

in RTW times, no premium ment no playing. There was no free game model with them. Probably the best way..

5 hours ago, cheater said:

They never removed tracers due to performance issues, They just broke them one day and never bothered to fix it

lol right enough. i think i recall someone from the dev team telling the forum that..

10 minutes ago, Seedy said:

in RTW times, no premium ment no playing. There was no free game model with them. Probably the best way..

It was an interesting way of doing it though.  You were still able to go to Social and customize and trade n' stuff, but you were locked out of action districts.  So if you were a good designer and your stuff sold well and would cost RTW points then boom, unlimited premium.  Er- I guess it wasn't premium, it was just Action District time since nothing was barred off as far as customization goes if you didn't have any RTW points.

I would bring back;

- Zero

- Zip

- Zilch

3 minutes ago, Eisena said:

I would bring back;

- Zero

- Zip

- Zilch

idk any of those players, were they good?

The visuals

The weapon balance

The way player and skill levels were distributed

22 hours ago, Synapze777 said:

less cheating?... it seems insane nowadays.

They literally turned PB off in RTW because it made server performance awful.

Cheating nowadays is nowhere near as bad.

Just now, Knite said:

Cheating nowadays is nowhere near as bad.

it says the official representative of the team LO . I'm shocked. BOSS what's going on ?

5 minutes ago, Yood said:

it says the official representative of the team LO . I'm shocked. BOSS what's going on ?

You want to honestly argue that the cheating problem now, with an active anti-cheat, is MORE of a problem than when there was literally NO active anti-cheat?

h2iWxJB.gif

1 hour ago, Knite said:

You want to honestly argue that the cheating problem now, with an active anti-cheat, is MORE of a problem than when there was literally NO active anti-cheat?

1. stick the picture up your patootie . 2. that said the said . 3. who are you to discuss the company's work with various anti-cheats ? in my opinion , the decision on anti-cheat is quite adequate .

Edited by Yood

56 minutes ago, Yood said:

who are you to discuss the company's work with various anti-cheats ? in my opinion

lmao

• Thanks 1

Bullet Tracers

Clan Ranking/Rewards

Shaders

Car sway cam

Old Mission Opt In/Out Choices, which made the APB in APB relatable content

On 6/4/2019 at 7:22 PM, Hexerin said:

Now this, this I can get behind with full support. More weapon customization is one of the things that's always been missing from this game.

What about the ability to make whole weapon skins in a new "weapon designer" in social together with weapon customization ;D That would be really cool. 

didn't bullets have greater range than 100 meters?

I think LTL even had longer than 35 meter range.

I would love to have the old TTK/TTS back along with the range we used to have during RTWs time.

just 3? ok.

1. five servers (NA1 ,NA2,EU1,EU2 plus one just for russian)
  2. no out of bounds
  3. old login screen

1) the population - so we can all enjoy matches as frequently as required
2) the enthusiasm for the game - so that everything feels new and wonderful
3) the NL9 - just for lolz to show people how OP it really was

LO are clearly working on 1 and 2 so i'll hold out hope for #3 😄

Realistically

1) Scoreboards, Clan and Player, this game is about epeen, always has, always will.
2) Rewards in the mail for being good at the game, even just rewards for playing would be great (used to be random items for getting high in the rankings, sometimes guns, sometimes cars, just do that and throw JMB's at us.
3) Language Districts, but combine them all so that you get NA and EU on the same district menu. 

Edited by Seadee

On 6/8/2019 at 10:49 PM, illgot said:

didn't bullets have greater range than 100 meters?

I think LTL even had longer than 35 meter range.

I would love to have the old TTK/TTS back along with the range we used to have during RTWs time.

APB has always had a 100m hard render range.

Damage dropoff (weapon curve system) was introduced after Reloaded launched, which heavily contributed to the meta we have now. Before dropoff, RSA and ACT-44 could counter CR762 and HVR to a degree; now you hardly see anyone using either of those sidearms.

I'm also in the "current TTK is too fast" camp, but people like to argue that when Reloaded trialed RTW TTK districts, the community reaction at those times was sufficient to judge RTW TTK as not worth bringing back; those districts, however, were not RTW TTK because they included Reloaded mechanics, ultimately negating the experiments' results.

Edited by Knite
  • Like 2