Seedy

What 3 things would you like to bring back from RTW days?

2 hours ago, Hexerin said:

That being said, tracers existed in the early days of the game's relaunch under GamersFirst. They removed them because "performance issues" or some such nonsense.

As far as I know they removed them because they didn't work properly with the weapon skin system.

... then again both skins and tracers worked just fine on innova. Weird, isn't it?

23 minutes ago, BrandonBranderson said:

I really miss the high quality bloom.  We used to have stars, now we have blobs.

Pretty sure they are, an SPCT could probably confirm that, and the death screen just basically gave you some info about who killed you, like what guns they have equipped and stuff to look at while you respawn back before you could choose a respawn point.  It still took just as long to respawn as it does now, and instead of going to the spawn map the screen faded to grey.

It was removed during the G1 beta. Showed you what weapon you were killed with, by who, and what mods both they and their weapon had. Here's a quick and lazy example pulled off an old RTW era video:

KuasQ8F.png

On a related note I believe there is a sound that used to play on respawning that is no longer present. Lots of small details have been slowly removed over the years. Some I get. Most baffle me to this day. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Genobee said:

It was removed during the G1 beta. Showed you what weapon you were killed with, by who, and what mods both they and their weapon had. Here's a quick and lazy example pulled off an old RTW era video:

On a related note I believe there is a sound that used to play on respawning that is no longer present. Lots of small details have been slowly removed over the years. Some I get. Most baffle me to this day. 

omg looking at that screen brings back too many memories.

Also players yelling to death upon dying 

Edited by itsRby
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Genobee said:

KuasQ8F.png

yea thats cool..

I think I recall soeone saying they were trying to reduce the download size so I can only assume that the not so needed (in some bawbags opinion) sounds etc were binned. Shame really. Would be good to just go back to all these things and have a polished APB RTW style.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, itsRby said:

Isn't it coming back with the EU ? Consoles have them and I'm pretty sure we'll be seing them around again

It's one of the things that was confirmed by Matt during that first month when Little Orbit took over the game and was at the peak of communication.

1.Bring back car jumps and stunts. 

2. Remove  the invisible walls and out of bounds penalty. But, don't allow items on rooftops or ledges. 

organisation standing so u can unlock all the equipment slots, old bloom + tracers, old death screen, weapon sounds and the ability to sell regular weapons on the market. also permanent weapons because i hate spending 22k for a stun opgl every 10 days

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ShaiShai said:

isnt that gun is still in game,  STAR 556 'LCR' "Old Glory"

theres lcr pr1 and pr2 and then theres old glory

Removing out of bounds (outside of missions)
Old intro song
Having the old threat tiers visible again. The difference between gold 1 and gold 10 players is as wide bronze 1 and gold 1.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Kiida said:

Having the old threat tiers visible again. The difference between gold 1 and gold 10 players is as wide bronze 1 and gold 1.

this as well. I think this would change allot of peoples perception of APB.

1) one thing I'd like to bring back from the Early APB builds is the no-recoil.  Even though not great, it was better than what APB has now.  What happened afterwards were some design decisions that were ruinous.  Design decisions such as monetizing micro-transactions of guns around different flavors of recoil (Norseman SMGs, SBSR, M-1922, S1-FA 'Frenzy', etc.)  It's antithetical to a good shooter experience, and this is even more apparent in the console ports.

As an example of 'good' shooters: Halo and FarCry.  They don't have recoil but more of a screen-shake effect that, along with bloom, makes it harder to hit stuff and makes guns feel different.  Now guns will 'wander' a bit too, but it's not a fundamental game mechanic to counter because there are things like aim 'magnetism' towards targets that counter this 'wandering' (at least in Halo).

But back to APB, someone working at G1 may have noticed something was wrong with recoil system when the RSA was revamped.  They replaced the aim climb with an effect that tries to make the crosshair settle back down smoothly, like the HVR.

The above is just opinion but strikes me as one of the things that felt like an afterthought in APB's evolution.

2) the fired art team along with monte

3) The old login screen with intro 

Ya know, the one that didn't blow speakers out with the Asylum theme sirens. and load 7 different 3D cutscenes.  that one.

No one:      white respawn screens

cmon seedy tracers were not an RTW thing, they worked a loong time till G1 broke them wit some update.

But Tracers and Working traffic lights is indeed something I would like to have back.

+ removing the "deadzones" when outside a mission, because jumping on roofs gave a lot entertainment.

none of these 3 are rtw things, they were just much later changed by G1. 😕

10 hours ago, Kiida said:

Removing out of bounds (outside of missions)
Old intro song

Those and the old lighting/bloom are what I would like to see again 

4 hours ago, JenzAmaka said:

I want my old dump trucks...

We habe enough trolls already. 

yeah old intro song / theme

remove out of bounds. that really took away a lot of the fun.

I wish we would be able to do the flying glitch with the 2 vans and a truck.

edit: / warning very bad music 

Edited by walrus248

1.  50vs50 population - along with the servers that could handle this load

2.  Old threat tiers.  I think we need that level of granularity.

3.  Wouldn't mind saying hi to a couple old clan members

Leagues so that Statues actually serve a purpose.

Crims vs crims and hopefully Enf vs Enf.

Old songs.

No limit of 4 dump trucks.

SOME of the old missions.

High polygon/quality clothes before some got downgraded.

Old login screen and menu music.

Old Render distance.

Some old spots.

Last.fm integration actually working.

No vehicle district restriction (such as only vegas or cisco).

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit
  • Thanks 1

1. Star LCR

2. Weapon Tracers

3. Little Boots - No Brakes

14 hours ago, walrus248 said:

yeah old intro song / theme

remove out of bounds. that really took away a lot of the fun.

I wish we would be able to do the flying glitch with the 2 vans and a truck.

edit: / warning very bad music 

You still can do that, I did it last year.

24 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

100,000+ players

thinking of what  caused to spread away players.. BTW i and my country mates cant connect to login server since LO have chosen a Host that banned our country IP's.  i have to bypass it with a paid VPN to play because its VPN i have so much lags many times. After 7 years of playing APB, finally it is a real goodbye time for me.

Edited by PersianTiger

tracers, camera sway, server stabillity, the vault button that showed stats of the gun when you pressed it, you know the button that has an earth icon that does nothing.