Seedy

What 3 things would you like to bring back from RTW days?

I would like Tracers.

2nd. Blue Muzzle Flash

50 v 50 /d

Edited by Seedy
extended title
  • Like 11

1) Driving camera sway. (With an option to toggle it)  Lol, I just made a suggestion topic for it a few minutes ago.

Edited by BrandonBranderson
  • Like 4

STAR 556 'LCR'

14 minutes ago, Seedy said:

I would like Tracers.

I'm pretty sure that's an almost universal wish. Tracers added a lot to gameplay. Also, I share that as the one thing I would wish return. That being said, tracers existed in the early days of the game's relaunch under GamersFirst. They removed them because "performance issues" or some such nonsense.

14 minutes ago, Seedy said:

2nd. Blue Muzzle Flash

I don't think I'll ever really understand why people care about this. If you mod your gun, its muzzle flash is now blue. However, since modding your gun is mandatory progression, everyone's gun has blue muzzle flashes. There's nothing unique or interesting about the mechanic.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Hexerin said:

I'm pretty sure that's an almost universal wish. Tracers added a lot to gameplay. Also, I share that as the one thing I would wish return. That being said, tracers existed in the early days of the game's relaunch under GamersFirst. They removed them because "performance issues" or some such nonsense.

I don't think I'll ever really understand why people care about this. If you mod your gun, its muzzle flash is now blue. However, since modding your gun is mandatory progression, everyone's gun has blue muzzle flashes. There's nothing unique or interesting about the mechanic.

yea i just think its pretty cool 🙂

1 minute ago, Seedy said:

yea i just think its pretty cool

Fair 'nuff.

20 minutes ago, AlishaAzure said:

STAR 556 'LCR'

isnt that gun is still in game,  STAR 556 'LCR' "Old Glory"

the investment money

9 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

Maybe it could be triggered by something else instead of mods on your gun?  A long time ago one of the devs, I think it was Mok, teased at the idea of special skins that changed the muzzle flash color and asked what other colors people would want.

• Like 1

just read a thread about 50 v 50.. I think I should have made it pick 3 things.. Which I am gong to do (quick topic edit)

I want 50 v 50 /d as well.. 🙂

1 minute ago, BrandonBranderson said:

Maybe it could be triggered by something else instead of mods on your gun?  A long time ago one of the devs, I think it was Mok, teased at the idea of special skins that changed the muzzle flash color and asked what other colors people would want.

yea that would be reallycool. I bet LO could even stick some in Armas and make some coin off it. Dont see why a particle effect woild cause issues anyway. Another thing removed from G1 when they didnt know what they were doing in the first place

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

u kno what would be cool? Customizable muzzle flash colours.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BrandonBranderson said:

1 minute ago, killerskull said:

u kno what would be cool? Customizable muzzle flash colours.

Now this, this I can get behind with full support. More weapon customization is one of the things that's always been missing from this game.

Ok now the topic is what 3 things we would bring back.

2) Vehicle Stats.  They were crazy and would flip easy but looked like a hell of a lot more fun than a few of the solid bricks with no suspension that we have now.  That includes the dump trucks so they could actually be flipped over easily.  And the Moirai would actually have some power behind it.

3) The old way that audio worked.  That's one area where APB used to shine in the final RTW version.  When you fired a gun you could hear it echoing throughout the city and pretty far away too.  I got to experience it in early Reloaded.  You don't realize what you have til its gone. :')  And to piggyback along with this one I'd say the old weapon and vehicle sounds.  The RSA and ACT44 sounded badass.  We can keep the current Ntec sounds though.  The old Vegas sounded more powerful and aggressive, and I think I remember the Cisco sounding a lot better too.  Now the Vegas sounds like it's carrying too heavy of a load and the Cisco sounds so weak.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Seedy said:

I would like Tracers.

51 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

I'm pretty sure that's an almost universal wish.

True many did want tracers back. not sure how many now though but it does seem interesting to me.

• Thanks 1

Old emissive values on objects that are supposed to be lights. So they actually look like they are glowing. 

RTW's "high quality bloom" which applied a special star type glow to especially bright objects. 

Old global illumination values. Tired of things looking all kinds of wrong because they cranked it up too high. It's what causes that weird lighting problem that seemingly comes from underneath everything. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

True many did want tracers back. not sure how many now though but it does seem interesting to me.

Isn't it coming back with the EU ? Consoles have them and I'm pretty sure we'll be seing them around again

13 minutes ago, Genobee said:

Old emissive values on objects that are supposed to be lights. So they actually look like they are glowing. 

RTW's "high quality bloom" which applied a special star type glow to especially bright objects. 

Old global illumination values. Tired of things looking all kinds of wrong because they cranked it up too high. It's what causes that weird lighting problem that seemingly comes from underneath everything. 

didnt revomag remove that when he turned everything blue? I remember when he released his "new" shaders and it was just wrong.. Everything suddenly turned blue and dark.. Or maybe it was just me.

• Like 1

Death screen. was removed "temporary" 6 years ago or so

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Seedy said:

didnt revomag remove that when he turned everything blue? I remember when he released his "new" shaders and it was just wrong.. Everything suddenly turned blue and dark.. Or maybe it was just me.

MoneCristo was the guy responsible for that update. It was mostly him trying to resolve issues with the super-ultra-over-the-top bloom shader he created for the G1 release of the game. Players requested it and he went out of his way to work with everyone on getting it to an acceptable state. Was looked on quite favorably at the time. I still feel it is an improvement to say, the 2011 G1 shaders, but still lost out on some key elements from the RTW builds that gave APB it's signature appearance. 

Problem is during the first time they majorly re-did it a lot of the original stuff was just plain lost or busted from that point onward as I recall. Due to all the changes they'd done to the game over time. Plus things just getting lost of course. 

Edited by Genobee

my high fps

59 minutes ago, itsRby said:

Isn't it coming back with the EU ? Consoles have them and I'm pretty sure we'll be seing them around again

not sure I hope so.

Merged.

40 minutes ago, sneekface said:

Death screen

Do not remember this

Is there a video of it?

• Like 1

The 100 million dollars budget

1 hour ago, Genobee said:

I really miss the high quality bloom.  We used to have stars, now we have blobs.

One other thing I noticed is that it looks like bloom is rendering on the wrong "layer" during most of the night cycle.  If you look at a window on the corner of a building that should be glowing, you'll see the glow beside the window, not on top of it.  During this time period bloom is only visible against the sky and all 3d geometry blocks it.  Pay attention to when bloom stops affecting your headlights, and go to the highway next to Grayson Fell's place and look at the blue neon sign on the roof.  You can see it really well here.  The bloom is shown behind the sign, not in front of it.

52 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

not sure I hope so.

Do not remember this

Is there a video of it?

Pretty sure they are, an SPCT could probably confirm that, and the death screen just basically gave you some info about who killed you, like what guns they have equipped and stuff to look at while you respawn back before you could choose a respawn point.  It still took just as long to respawn as it does now, and instead of going to the spawn map the screen faded to grey.