NotZombieBiscuit

Before the rest of you do it.

Just now, AsgerLund said:

Hamster Anit-Cheat - HAC!!!

Next one will be FAC (Free Anti-Cheat)

Then we move on to:

whydontyoujustkickmerightinthenuts-AC.

leave it to you to make life better for all of us !!

Except pizza....I want pineapple for my Hawaiian 😛

On 6/2/2019 at 1:44 AM, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Punkbuster rant

Dude. Punkbuster is most unreliable anti-cheat EVER. I can even defend FairFight more despite it banning me.

Every fucking game was headache to setup if it was "protected by Punkbuster" (or more like prevented from normal players to play), even if you did setup it correctly it loved to bork with either PnkbstrA or PnkbstrB for NO FUCKING REASON. Even offical steps of reinstalling and doing it all over again didn't work. And game servers loved to ban you permantely and label you as cheater because you setup fucking Punkbuster bad.

And to top it off, if you think "Sweet, then even cheaters had problem" - no. Bypasses were fucking everywhere and worked like charm. Cheaters were common. You were bound to find one per every second server and most of time what saved this games was populaton (same case as with APB) - now you see effect of scale at work. Most of games had also dedicated servers and usually staff which were players themselves so they get rid pretty quick of cheaters - but key thing is manually. It wasn't Punkbuster doing.

Warrock (game which was host by your beloved back then G1 btw.), Battlefield series and Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory (btw. most of game servers got PB disabled and instead use self-implemented anti-cheat script which are harder to pass, jeez i wonder why?) - my most bad experinces with PunkBuster ever. I had couple of unfunny situations with Punkbuster in APB as well, although it didn't ban me thankfully.

6 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Obviously we need to replace EAC with VAC. Then when VAC does not do anything we can try Punkbuster again maybe.

So you don't know.

58 minutes ago, SilverCrow said:

So you don't know.

I just told you.

honestly i doubt any anti-cheat will be a permanent solution

6 hours ago, Mitne said:

Stuff

5 hours ago, SilverCrow said:

more stuff

Both of you please explain What you mean.

One of you used a thesaurus book of words the other barely any.

1 hour ago, Fortune Runner said:

Both of you please explain What you mean.

One of you used a thesaurus book of words the other barely any.

“punkbuster is shit”

11 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

I just told you.

You gave a sarcastic remark. I was wondering about your actual opinion.

Edited by SilverCrow

6 hours ago, Glaciers said:

“punkbuster is shit”

That is one of the sub-points of NotZombieBiscuit (said on a different thread) but the main point is the community did a full circle yet again and NotZombieBiscuit called it back then.

2 hours ago, SilverCrow said:

You gave a sarcastic remark. I was wondering about your actual opinion.

You expect actual serious responses in a thread that was sarcastic from the first place?

But, whatever. I'll give you my actual opinion. I don't really care that much for what anti-cheat they use as it all comes out to roughly the same. People will continue to complain that whatever anti cheat is used is not working and that APB is infested with cheaters when it really isn't. APB has no more cheaters than any other random free to play shooter and any anti-cheat will only go so far.

On 6/1/2019 at 4:44 PM, NotZombieBiscuit said:

"APB is infested with cheaters so obviously Punkbuster isn't working. WE NEED FAIRFIGHT!"

"APB is infested with cheaters so obviously Fairfight isn't working. WE NEED BATTLEEYE!"

"APB is infested with cheaters so obviously Battle Eye isn't working. WE NEED EASY ANTI CHEAT!"

APB is still infested with cheaters so obviously Easy Anti Cheat isn't working. WE NEED TO GO BACK TO PUNKBUSTER AGAIN!

Zombie can you do the same thing with the different clans you join and at the end you have to go back to the LAW clan. 😄

13 minutes ago, MidnightQ said:

Zombie can you do the same thing with the different clans you join and at the end you have to go back to the LAW clan. 😄

Huh? I think I only rejoined LAW once? If anything SOV was always the clan I kept rejoining.

1 hour ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Huh? I think I only rejoined LAW once? If anything SOV was always the clan I kept rejoining.

What is rejoining a clan? Ive ever only joined one in my 8+ yrs playing, AIW.

1 minute ago, Darkzero3802 said:

What is rejoining a clan? Ive ever only joined one in my 8+ yrs playing, AIW.

Leaving clan X to join clan Y, then leaving clan Y to rejoin Clan X.

7 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Leaving clan X to join clan Y, then leaving clan Y to rejoin Clan X.

you forgot clan potato

Edit : not a good enough joke so I got down voted.....hmm what about clan banana ?

Edited by Fortune Runner

10 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

I don't really care that much for what anti-cheat they use as it all comes out to roughly the same.

Look at Battlefield 5. They are doing it right. A lot better anti cheat than basically all the games I've played, yet they're using fairfight. In BF5 cheaters get banned in 1-2 matches, even if they are not "rage cheating", even if they are only using ESP. In APB it took several months for people to get banned with fairfight and then you still had some false bans, yet in BF5 they get banned within 1-2  matches and they are not false bans. Yet fairfight was supposedly so bad that it had to be gotten rid of in APB. That doesn't add up. What does that tell you?

What happened was the players complained so much about the cheaters that the dev finally decided to really step up their anti cheat effort, and look at what can be done when you put your mind to it as opposed to just throwing money at new anti cheat systems when the players complain, hoping it will sort itself out. When a dev does that, it will be true that the anti cheat system of choice doesn't matter that much.

Edited by SilverCrow
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, SilverCrow said:

Look at Battlefield 5. They are doing it right. A lot better anti cheat than basically all the games I've played, yet they're using fairfight. In BF5 cheaters get banned in 1-2 matches, even if they are not "rage cheating", even if they are only using ESP. In APB it took several months for people to get banned with fairfight and then you still had some false bans, yet in BF5 they get banned within 1-2  matches and they are not false bans. Yet fairfight was supposedly so bad that it had to be gotten rid of in APB. That doesn't add up. What does that tell you?

What happened was the players complained so much about the cheaters that the dev finally decided to really step up their anti cheat effort, and look at what can be done when you put your mind to it as opposed to just throwing money at new anti cheat systems when the players complain, hoping it will sort itself out. When a dev does that, it will be true that the anti cheat system of choice doesn't matter that much.

It is not only the anti cheat that is important but how it functions with APB being unique.

Because of this a comparison between APB and other games will never be accurate.

Well if EAC isn't enough in the end then nothing will help APB with one of it's core problems. We can only hope that the server-side anti-cheat that EAC provides will make a substantial difference.

On 6/2/2019 at 2:26 PM, SilverCrow said:

What do you suggest yourself?

Just ban all the cheaters bro like wdym??? Just click the "ban all cheaters" button like how is it so hard??

wait, how did i miss this post? lol replies are even better

2 hours ago, Flaws said:

Well if EAC isn't enough in the end then nothing will help APB with one of it's core problems. We can only hope that the server-side anti-cheat that EAC provides will make a substantial difference.

not quite how it works either.

CookiePuss explained it best in the past how cheats and anti cheats work.

To sum it up in a short version one side will upgrade then the other side will.

It's a never ending spiral , at least unless the cheat makers get a conscious about what they are doing is wrong.

3 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

It is not only the anti cheat that is important but how it functions with APB being unique.

Because of this a comparison between APB and other games will never be accurate.

I'm not saying it's specifically about this or that game using this or that anti cheat. I'm saying what you can do if you put your mind to it.

23 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

It's a never ending spiral , at least unless the cheat makers get a conscious about what they are doing is wrong.

In my opinion what LO is doing is not wrong. Actually quite opposite.

There are 2 main problems which make APB cheater problem worse: population and lack of build-in analytic tools.

In 2012 this problem weren't as visible mainly because we got a lot of new players who just wanted to experince game, not cheat. Now we got 2019 and we got cheaters which cheat because A. They can B. Others can*

And about analytic tools. Well. APB should convert every data from user. From movement to accuracy. And on top of it, record every gameplay as it was from user. Scan external folders and processes. I don't care about privacy honestly when it comes to that one. Just put additional info in ToS, most people not gonna even bother to look there and into that anyway. It's better than leaving anti-cheat running with no other action and then wondering why APB appears legit despite tons of reports on him from players.

2 hours ago, Similarities said:

Just ban all the cheaters bro like wdym??? Just click the "ban all cheaters" button like how is it so hard??

bro lol yeah XD idk smh

Remember that time when Fairfight was actually working when first implemented and it banned a lot of cheaters. People who have been cheating for YEARS.  And then we unbanned then all. Good times. LOL

Edited by RandomCatface
  • Like 1