Tcollins89

unable to login in Xbox one - privacy settings

On the login screen where you press A to login, I get a prompt that says " TO DO THIS, CHANGE A SETTING you cannot purchase content because of how your account is set up. To change this, customize your Xbox Live privacy settings in settings > Account > Privacy & online safety. " I have changed those settings to allow everything, I am able to login into other multiplayer games, and I am able to make purchases with my unrestricted account.

5ca7b8ee0049c_xboxscreenshot.thumb.jpg.9

I believe this has to do with your Home Xbox account. If you’re under a child account the game may be restricted for play due to its Mature rating. You’d need to either have whom ever’s adult account log in via Xbox.com and update the accounts privacy setting or login to the adult account if in the case it’s a second account on your Xbox and update the settings. 

Here is a link that may give you a bit more information and possibly help you resolve this problem you’re having.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026796/microsoft-account-change-childs-xbox-privacy-online-safety-settings

• Thanks 1

My main account is an adult account on my xbox one but I am still getting the same error message. There is a second adult account on my xbox that is able to login and play the game. Both accounts are able to play other multiplayer games unrestricted. I am unsure why my second account is able to get on.

1 hour ago, Tcollins89 said:

My main account is an adult account on my xbox one but I am still getting the same error message. There is a second adult account on my xbox that is able to login and play the game. Both accounts are able to play other multiplayer games unrestricted. I am unsure why my second account is able to get on.

Then there's a very obvious question you need to ask yourself. What differences are there between those 2 accounts?

Double check all the account settings and what not

yes! It works now 

Press the Xbox button  on your controller to open the guide, then go to System  > Settings  > Account.

Under Privacy & online safety, select Xbox Live privacy.

I SWITCHED to TEEN default, then started the game and got a content sharing error message.

Then I went back to Privacy & online safety and SWITCHED  the setting back to ADULT default.

After that I restarted the game and it let me login.

Thank You.

As this issue has now been resolved, I have moved this topic to the Resolved XBOX Bugs and Tech Issues section.

~@mayii