Sign in to follow this  
Helix Reloaded

Freezing/Microstuttering

Whatever you wanna call it.

My game runs at a solid 30-50 FPS all the time, but every few seconds, sometimes a couple times a second, the game will freeze for around 150-250 milliseconds. As you can imagine, this makes it REALLY hard to do pretty much anything. Driving, shooting, even walking is made hard because of the stutter. I can't say how long this has been a problem, but it's definitely something that's been happening for a couple years. I don't know how i used to tolerate it, but it's just really putting me off playing the game now. I want to play, but this shit just makes it so hard to have any kind of fun anymore. I've got a pretty shit PC so that's probably the reason, but I've never had stuttering problems like this in other games.. Also, even setting every possible graphic setting to the minimum using the Advanced Launcher doesn't stop or even reduce the stuttering. So that's weird. 

If anyone could help me figure out what the problem is or if I could even get it fixed, please let me know.

I feel you so much

Max settings

Potato game by launcher

These freezes just wont go away

Best thing you can do is minimize amount of lags by disabling as many as possible procceses running at your pc

Disable steam overlay, discord any other background app

Restart pc, I don't know at this point

This is pain

Edited by Soundwave2142

It could come from so many things... Heat, CPU, or RAM could be the cause (mind posting your PC specs ?). Also, don't forget the game's garbage collector (the thing that clears unused RAM in the process) will kick in every minute.

34 minutes ago, largeAPBgamer said:

its caused by the server

No it's not.

On 6/1/2019 at 1:26 PM, Soundwave2142 said:

I feel you so much

Max settings

Potato game by launcher

These freezes just wont go away

Best thing you can do is minimize amount of lags by disabling as many as possible procceses running at your pc

Disable steam overlay, discord any other background app

Restart pc, I don't know at this point

This is pain

It seems to run a lot better after a fresh restart of the PC and with all other applications closed, but.. That's not very convenient to do every time I want to play apb. Thanks for the tips though. 🙂

On 6/2/2019 at 4:35 AM, itsRby said:

It could come from so many things... Heat, CPU, or RAM could be the cause (mind posting your PC specs ?). Also, don't forget the game's garbage collector (the thing that clears unused RAM in the process) will kick in every minute.

It's not the greatest rig, but it does semi-modern games fine with some settings tweaking (Warframe, Destiny 2, CSGO, Apex).

GTX 650

8 GB ram

AMD A8-7600 Radeon R7

On 6/2/2019 at 7:48 AM, itsRby said:

No it's not.

After all these years, the player customization library caches are still not dumped after a player leaves the game. This is the main source of the server side latency that everyone complains about. If the devs were to run a test instance with player customization disabled, they could see for themselves.

13 hours ago, Helix Reloaded said:

It seems to run a lot better after a fresh restart of the PC and with all other applications closed, but.. That's not very convenient to do every time I want to play apb. Thanks for the tips though. 🙂

It's not the greatest rig, but it does semi-modern games fine with some settings tweaking (Warframe, Destiny 2, CSGO, Apex).

GTX 650

8 GB ram

AMD A8-7600 Radeon

The problem is your CPU, APB is poorly optimised and the performance heavily deppends on your CPU rather than GPU.

You have got two options, upgrade your CPU or wait till the game gets the Engine Upgrade.

I used to run the game on a old AMD Phenom ii x4 black edition at 3.5GHz and barely reached 40 to 60fps, and also had issues with lag. It all changed when I upgraded my PC to a INTEL Skylake Core i7 6700K CPU 4.5GHz in 2016, all issues gone and having 90 to 100 fps.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, PGAW67 said:

The problem is your CPU, APB is poorly optimised and the performance heavily deppends on your CPU rather than GPU.

You have got two options, upgrade your CPU or wait till the game gets the Engine Upgrade.

I used to run the game on a old AMD Phenom ii x4 black edition at 3.5GHz and barely reached 40 to 60fps, and also had issues with lag. It all changed when I upgraded my PC to a INTEL Skylake Core i7 6700K CPU 4.5GHz in 2016, all issues gone and having 90 to 100 fps.

FX8320E + 1050Ti
60+ on waterfront (im giving lowest fps)
80+ on financial (im giving lowest fps)
101 on social (im giving lowest fps)

after playing for like 2-4h i need to restart game entirely because of overloads going on and FPS drops to 40

It's also possible that your ram is getting full. And therefore do not under any circumstance have a browser running in background as it could be detrimental to APB's performance.

1 hour ago, TheSxW said:

FX8320E + 1050Ti
60+ on waterfront (im giving lowest fps)
80+ on financial (im giving lowest fps)
101 on social (im giving lowest fps)

after playing for like 2-4h i need to restart game entirely because of overloads going on and FPS drops to 40

Yeah, your CPU is the issue there. Like I said APB heavily deppends on CPU due to being poorly optimised and if you wish to have a decent performance then you MUST get a better CPU.

This is all based on personal testing I have carried out over the years on different PC builds. I have rule out ram, GPU, SSD or HDD, cooling temp, background programs, antivirus out of the cause of poor performance, and so did many members that did notice a massive improvement in the performance after upgrading CPU.

Edited by PGAW67

I had amd fx 8350 + GPU RX 560 4GB + 2x8GB 2400mhz memories (working at 1333mhz i think)  and I had 60-70fps stable (could reach 80fps) on waterfront and 70-80fps on financial, in both districts a lot of FPS DROP/freeze (unplayable for moments).

some days ago I bought amd ryzen 7 2700x + 2 memories 3000mhz (working at 3000mhz this time) 2x8GB  + same GPU RX 560 4GB and I have 101fps all the time (capped at 101 because i dont have 144hz monitor). I can say the new CPU made apb run better for sure. I still have some fps drop but fps are always capped at 101 so it feels a lot smoother.

On 6/6/2019 at 5:39 PM, Uhtdred said:

I had amd fx 8350 + GPU RX 560 4GB + 2x8GB 2400mhz memories (working at 1333mhz i think)  and I had 60-70fps stable (could reach 80fps) on waterfront and 70-80fps on financial, in both districts a lot of FPS DROP/freeze (unplayable for moments).

some days ago I bought amd ryzen 7 2700x + 2 memories 3000mhz (working at 3000mhz this time) 2x8GB  + same GPU RX 560 4GB and I have 101fps all the time (capped at 101 because i dont have 144hz monitor). I can say the new CPU made apb run better for sure. I still have some fps drop but fps are always capped at 101 so it feels a lot smoother.

8350 is a beast ;)

On 6/6/2019 at 3:35 PM, PGAW67 said:

Yeah, your CPU is the issue there. Like I said APB heavily deppends on CPU due to being poorly optimised and if you wish to have a decent performance then you MUST get a better CPU.

This is all based on personal testing I have carried out over the years on different PC builds. I have rule out ram, GPU, SSD or HDD, cooling temp, background programs, antivirus out of the cause of poor performance, and so did many members that did notice a massive improvement in the performance after upgrading CPU.

im not saying im strugge on stuttering and other things ... my game is fine i fixed it my my self for my self ;) if i would like to play apb at maximum i can always turn on 2 cores at bios and boost clocks to 5GHz

12 hours ago, TheSxW said:

8350 is a beast 😉

im not saying im strugge on stuttering and other things ... my game is fine i fixed it my my self for my self 😉 if i would like to play apb at maximum i can always turn on 2 cores at bios and boost clocks to 5GHz

8350 is a beast, for all games not named APB.

Edited by Uhtdred

RX 580 & Ryzen 7 1700 still having huge freezes whenever I enter combat with someone. Making the game unplayable. Didn't used to happen, so it's not my rig.