Noob_Guardian

Will EAC pick up macros?

8 minutes ago, neophobia said:

punkbuster didn't allow you to launch the game if you had ahk running, for a good reason:

[...]

under pb ahk was only detected until you changed the name and whatnot of it 

iirc 64 bit ahk was undetectable by punkbuster

Nobody even uses macros anymore. People literally have thousands of hours in apb and every gun's ROF memorized to such precision that it looks like a macro.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

iirc 64 bit ahk was undetectable by punkbuster

ah that also explains it. nvm xd

Too lazy to quote reply so here is just fat reply:

Why using a macro for fire rate on weapons, such as the carbine, is a  bad idea:

- You are locked in to a one gear fire rate. One speed.

- You are unable to adjust your fire rate for certain situations.

- Your macro is affected by your ping.

- Pings can change and will fuck with your macro timing.

- It is not hard to reach the perfect fire rate with carbine and keep it. Just learn the timing.

- Ghost shot easier (Not as much as an easier as it used to be).

- Over all, just like scroll wheel firing, fire rate macros are a disadvantage.

Those who think a macro is helping anyone other than the lowest bottom feeders are delusional. If you are complaining about losing to a macro it is you who needs to 'git gud' because the person you are playing against surely isn't.

• Thanks 2

20 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

Considering Macros is against TOS and its almost daily I run into people using them, will it autokick macro users? (I dont want em banned just unable to use it without getting kicked) Cheaters aren't much of an issue anymore, but macros is seemingly constant.

The functionallity of a macro will not be detected. However, the 'macro file' might be. Knowning from AC experience, it's a difficult decision for a company to ban macro files that are programmed in for example AHK and let macros wich are 'build in' a mouse slide.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Boba said:

However, a macro user will get bored quickly

Theres some trolls who use it just to be trolls to players.

They never get bored.

• Like 1

Using a macro to auto fire a semi weapon seems to be a bit lame.

Thankfully any rumors concerning macros to detect colors for a potential triggerbots

or mouse correction to reduce recoil is a myth.

I feel a bit more comfortable about people using macros.

Edited by Westford

Here is a clear answer.

No. It doesn't.

3 hours ago, Westford said:

Thankfully any rumors concerning macros to detect colors for a potential triggerbots

Not to brag or anything, anybody with basic knowledge can make a trigger-bot in a few mins. Mouse correction on the other hand,takes a bit of time because you need to find and make a macro for each weapon with different attachments.

4 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Too lazy to quote reply so here is just fat reply:

Why using a macro for fire rate on weapons, such as the carbine, is a  bad idea:

- You are locked in to a one gear fire rate. One speed.

- You are unable to adjust your fire rate for certain situations.

- Your macro is affected by your ping.

- Pings can change and will fuck with your macro timing.

- It is not hard to reach the perfect fire rate with carbine and keep it. Just learn the timing.

- Ghost shot easier (Not as much as an easier as it used to be).

- Over all, just like scroll wheel firing, fire rate macros are a disadvantage.

Those who think a macro is helping anyone other than the lowest bottom feeders are delusional. If you are complaining about losing to a macro it is you who needs to 'git gud' because the person you are playing against surely isn't.

You sir, have you heard of mice with more than 3 keys? I could simply set autofire macro with MouseKey 5, and normal shooting to LMB. Your #1 and #2 are simply bad arguments, think out side of the box. Under 'stress' keeping optimal but high fire rate is kinda hard and takes a lot more effort than simply using a macro. Also scroll wheel firing reduces the precision of your mouse movement/aiming because you have to scroll with a finger and you have to move finger constantly rather than just slamming a single key.

Macros are affected by ping,so is everything. That is an invalid argument, everything is affected by ping.

"Those who think a macro ISN'T helping anyone other than the lowest bottom feeders are delusional"

Edited by Thelnformer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Thelnformer said:

You sir, have you heard of mice with more than 3 keys? I could simply set autofire macro with MouseKey 5, and normal shooting to LMB.

You just proved my point. If you have normal shooting on LMB and have learned the proper timings and knowledge of the weapon you are going to play far better than a series of macros set to different timings on a number of different keys. Learning this technique/mechanic, which is quite simple if we are being honest, allows you to dynamically shift and scale far easier to situations than a series of gears like macros will.

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit

On 5/31/2019 at 10:38 PM, Noob_Guardian said:

its almost daily I think run into people using them, i can't be sure because i don't have little to any real practice with semi auto weaponry

FTFY

also you aren't aware the disadvantages of a macro, who is max ROFIng you? a silver? secondly how you dying to it? you a speshul?

Edited by Thaumaturge

1 hour ago, Westford said:

Those are scripts which can easily be written with autohotkey.  Reducing recoil didn't work the way you may think, ahk could be made to return a mouse point to a designated location which was only useful with weapons which had predictable recoil like the hvr.

• Like 1

never had trouble with a macro user, they just uncontrollable max fire rate spam and barely hitting you... 

Edited by Deadliest

Since my post that was a little on the trolly side continues to get downvoted (there's been an increasing amount of people around who think being twice as toxic to the person who you've deemed 'toxic' is somehow combating toxicity) I'll make another post:

I don't approve of macros, I don't personally like anything added that you can't do from downloading the game (and Adv launcher) I'm very dominantly left handed while still using the usual right hand PC setup, my ability to get the precise timing of something like the FBW, I'm 90% sure, is harder for me since my brain must have not allocated enough space for motor movement of my right hand, I can't even make alot of semi-auto guns bloom like they're supposed to. And I still would never use a macro even though I may or may not benefit. Sure, my fire *might* be better but that doesn't make my aim spot on, aiming is way more important than perfect ttk firing. And anyway the FBW blooms right? Like I said, I wouldn't know

How I practice semi-auto fire that I'm sure everyone knows; move in any direction and while shooting the FBW hold sprint, whenever you start sprinting and your crosshair disappears you can shoot again, so practice shooting where your crosshair never disappears. Is this a good way or advice? I dunno.

• Like 1

MOUSE WHEEL FIRING : EXISTS

Bronzies/Silvers : "MACRO CONFIRMED" B)

On 6/1/2019 at 7:59 PM, Lato said:

That wont bring anywhere since y'all always complain about macros and cheats, NO MATTER HOW MANY ANTICHEATS LO WILL CHANGE lol

Well, you seem to be complaining about how people act more than he's complaining about macros.

23 hours ago, VanilleKeks said:

macros can give advantages in some situations and be a downside in others. In the end the optimal solution is to properly learn the gun.

Can't agree more.

Merged.

15 hours ago, Thelnformer said:

Here is a clear answer.

No. It doesn't.

Not to brag or anything, anybody with basic knowledge can make a trigger-bot in a few mins. Mouse correction on the other hand,takes a bit of time because you need to find and make a macro for each weapon with different attachments.

You sir, have you heard of mice with more than 3 keys? I could simply set autofire macro with MouseKey 5, and normal shooting to LMB. Your #1 and #2 are simply bad arguments, think out side of the box. Under 'stress' keeping optimal but high fire rate is kinda hard and takes a lot more effort than simply using a macro. Also scroll wheel firing reduces the precision of your mouse movement/aiming because you have to scroll with a finger and you have to move finger constantly rather than just slamming a single key.

Macros are affected by ping,so is everything. That is an invalid argument, everything is affected by ping.

"Those who think a macro ISN'T helping anyone other than the lowest bottom feeders are delusional"

giphy.gif

Merged.

20 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

Theres some trolls who use it just to be trolls to players.

They never get bored.

sadly, yes

Merged.

22 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

I'm almost positive LO had stated before that they were planning on introducing a kick feature for macros with BE or something, but i have never seen it work ingame. It's why i'm asking if they will with the new anti-cheat because clearly they haven't yet.

I'm more interested to see what would happen if LO removed the jamming mechanism of some weapons, or introduced semi-auto alternatives to existent weapons with a slight disadvantage on the price of not being jammable, would be nice to see such weapons as a couter weapon for such situations. Macro users usually suck at aiming so I think that might be a plausible solution.

44 minutes ago, Boba said:

I’m more interested to see what would happen if LO removed the jamming mechanism of some weapons

yeah i too am interested in getting killed by an fbw in .2s 

• Like 1

On 6/2/2019 at 12:49 AM, neophobia said:

tl;dr the issues aren't hardware macros, software macros are. and not even the official mouse producer ones; it's AHK and the likes. and those should be acted upon. stop derailing the thread with stating "but you can hit better firerate with xyz" - tapfire macros are literally irrelevant.

will eac pickup macros?

hardware macros? probably never.

they also are mostly a non-issue - fire rate macros should be the least of your concern.

ofc, two identically skilled players in same situation... the macro user might have an edge, depending on the weapon since they could hit the more ideal firerate more consistently (ignoring that this is also (partially) depending on the range - a mouse couldn't adjust to the range dynamically, a player can (unless you have a key for each distance-range lmao))

but: "ceteris paribus" is total nonsense just to push an agenda here.

at high skill levels...

who relies on fire rate macros to get an edge probably is setting their priorities wrong and is not on a very high skill level otherwise and can be thus beaten... fire rate is easy to learn and master. only so much "training" required - whereas tactics, teamplay aren't too easy and require much more - and those are vastly more important.

i guess even then... those with exactly same firing intervals can detected more easily, those with slight random deviation from the ideal fire rate wouldn't gain anything over a normal player.

it wouldn't hurt to ban either, obviously, but it's probably way too hard to - safely - detect the former and even harder to detect the latter. without causing false-positives.

(the former are probably also not too easy to detect with polling rate and ingame input update frequency)

no recoil macros aren't a thing with random spray patterns... (they'd be an issue in csgo etc i guess - but even there - a game which is vastly more competitive and skill reliant no one is whining over those) so that's it for hardware macros.

but the bigger issues are software macros.

punkbuster didn't allow you to launch the game if you had ahk running, for a good reason:

you can make "cheap" triggerbots because of red crosshair. this stuff is only detectable with software macros (or some really advanced hardware that isn't getting used yet lmao)

this shit should be detected. and it's probably not too hard to detect - in opposition to hardware.

under pb ahk was only detected until you changed the name and whatnot of it - i had a bundled version for minimizing to tray and other things and wasn't kicked for it. when i created a music control bind script myself with an official version i was kicked. ideally an anticheat should detect both.

I can understand  it being harder to ban both. - Though both are against TOS

Random spray patterns are nice with whats in APB, however you can still set it to decrease vertical recoil. So no recoil on snipers for example, but it would matter more for guns like the tommy gun or SBRS (doubles recoil amount per shot) over normal guns.

I simply find them annoying to face, it's not too hard to handle ROF macros unless they also know how to play the game and don't lack in situational awareness and aiming skills, then it can become a massive headache..

Merged.

On 6/2/2019 at 6:23 AM, Thaumaturge said:

FTFY

also you aren't aware the disadvantages of a macro, who is max ROFIng you? a silver? secondly how you dying to it? you a speshul?

Uh, i have macros on my mouse, i've used em before (mostly for testing to see if i'd get kicked from the game for it), imagine that, and i have a multi button mouse to set a different macro to different buttons. I've used semi auto guns a lot, though i've shy'd away from using the fbw and used the fr0g or .45 a lot more. Part of using a macro is knowing when to full auto it and when to tap fire it. Buuut you know "yer just bad huuuur". Also, got R15 for every gun including rifles (which means semi autos), so i don't know wtf you're talking about with "don't have real practice with semi auto weapons". (good try to fake quote me btw)

4 minutes ago, Noob_Guardian said:

irony

wrong word

6 hours ago, Glaciers said:

yeah i too am interested in getting killed by an fbw in .2s 

Happens all the time. 

10 hours ago, Havana said:

Happens all the time. 

no it doesn’t

9 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

no it doesn’t

i think that's what they meant