Noob_Guardian

Will EAC pick up macros?

Considering Macros is against TOS and its almost daily I run into people using them, will it autokick macro users? (I dont want em banned just unable to use it without getting kicked) Cheaters aren't much of an issue anymore, but macros is seemingly constant.

• Like 4

People still thinking fire rate macros give an advantage. 

lmao

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

i imagine it would be pretty difficult to pick up macros tbh

just normal fluctuating latency would force different "click" speeds

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

Cheaters aren't much of an issue anymore, but macros is seemingly constant.

you wouldnt know by how many FUCK YOU I HATE THs peacCE OF SHIT HACKER GAME nice little posts there are.

wait what was the question again ?

10 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

lmao

If it doesnt, why "people" use it?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSfeIVMwQ3LJTyyslhVFN-

• Like 7

New anticheat still isn't out and you guys ready to complain about some stupid shit

• Like 1

11 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

lmao

With certain weapons, they do give a huge advantage and that's a fact. Try getting a G502 or a Bloody mouse and setup a macro and see how fast you can shoot without jamming the carbine or how you can make your Ntec shoot with minimum bloom at long ranges. It does give a huge advantage when used correctly with the proper setup. However, a macro user will get bored quickly from the game since they will no longer need to learn any skill and/or adapt to different weapons.

12 minutes ago, Lato said:

New anticheat still isn't out and you guys ready to complain about some stupid shit

I don't see him complaining, he's just introducing a topic that has bothered many players before, and we're eager about discussing new possibilities within the game.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SillyBear said:

If it doesnt, why "people" use it?

Because people are too dumb to learn firerates of weapons and think that shooting fast = more bullets hit, when in reality most people poorly configure their macros and such and just go full bloom. 

either that or they have no fingers and play with their feet

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, iRawwwN said:

Because people are too dumb to learn firerates of weapons and think that shooting fast = more bullets hit, when in reality most people poorly configure their macros and such and just go full bloom. 

either that or they have no fingers and play with their feet

So we are agreeing that it gives you an advantage.

it’s like you can’t read

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

it’s like you can’t read

it’s like you can’t understand

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Boba said:

I don't see him complaining, he's just introducing a topic that has bothered many players before, and we're eager about discussing new possibilities within the game.

That wont bring anywhere since y'all always complain about macros and cheats, NO MATTER HOW MANY ANTICHEATS LO WILL CHANGE lol

3 hours ago, SillyBear said:

not really, just that if ur unable to do something most others can do then maybe it'll help you out, but in the long run it does not give any advantage over someone who has actually mastered the ROF of weapons.

4 minutes ago, iRawwwN said:

not really, just that if ur unable to do something most others can do then maybe it'll help you out, but in the long run it does not give any advantage over someone who has actually mastered the ROF of weapons.

But it gives advantages in the end, specially for ntec lasor tap fire.

It doesnt really matters to who, it matters is that it gives an advantage.

• Like 4

macros can give advantages in some situations and be a downside in others. In the end the optimal solution is to properly learn the gun.

• Like 3

Macros, smacros, they're not important. If you think macro use is something unfair enough to get upset over...  I hate to tell ya, but you need to git gud :^)

Edited by Acornie
Edit; my sentence was semi redundant

Marcos can't be detected by a anti cheat simply because you could always click just as fast. Obeya 762 for example has a 195 ms delay between the shots and you could easily click at that speed, maybe not with perfect aim but still doable.  Furthermore, I think that every gaming mouse now days comes with software that can make macros easily so it is readily available so there really isn't even worth trying to "catch" the macro users. 

The problem are triggerbots, aimbots and wallhacks which are proper third party software that makes the game easier. 

• Like 1

Well we are now defending macros... next "my brother is handicaped so he needs the cheats".

• Like 5

But it gives advantages in the end, specially for ntec lasor tap fire.

It doesnt really matters to who, it matters is that it gives an advantage.

you're a moron. not worth any more of my time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Acornie said:

Macros, smacros, they're not important. If you think macro use is something unfair enough to get upset over...  I hate to tell ya, but you need to git gud :^)

They are against ToS. Regardless of not being important, they are still "cheating" ingame. A full auto fbw is annoying af to deal with, regardless of whether they help a lot or not.

2 hours ago, iRawwwN said:

True in some situations, but a macrod .45, fbw, or fr0g will almost always outfire the legit player using it. Macroing an NTEC is ironically better than learning to tap fire it yourself, just have to handle the recoil then rather than recoil and tapfire.

7 hours ago, Boba said:

With certain weapons, they do give a huge advantage and that's a fact. Try getting a G502 or a Bloody mouse and setup a macro and see how fast you can shoot without jamming the carbine or how you can make your Ntec shoot with minimum bloom at long ranges. It does give a huge advantage when used correctly with the proper setup. However, a macro user will get bored quickly from the game since they will no longer need to learn any skill and/or adapt to different weapons.

I'm almost positive LO had stated before that they were planning on introducing a kick feature for macros with BE or something, but i have never seen it work ingame. It's why i'm asking if they will with the new anti-cheat because clearly they haven't yet.

18 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

lmao

here, let me macro my Fr0g and ntec for max ROF and accuracy. ROF macros help in a lot of situations, especially when the enemy is out in the open out of cover when it matters most.

-------------------

Regardless of opinion of macros its still against ToS to use hardware and software autofire scripts. They should still attempt to curb their usage in-game to provide a fair playing field in-game.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

With the software in razer and steelseries and other mouses/keyboards its hard to know since the software can be ran. If you program a mouse to click faster there is no way in knowing that it isnt the person doing it? That would be hard as hell to detect but time will tell what happens when EAC is implemented, time will tell.

2019 and people still think that people use macros. jesus christ.

49 minutes ago, Noob_Guardian said:

I'm almost positive LO had stated before that they were planning on introducing a kick feature for macros with BE or something, but i have never seen it work ingame. It's why i'm asking if they will with the new anti-cheat because clearly they haven't yet.

they very well could have, but im pretty sure almost all macros (simple ones at least) these days are run through inbuilt mouse/keyboard software

there's just no effective way to police that without just banning the software itself which comes with the obvious issue of 99% of players passively using it

tl;dr the issues aren't hardware macros, software macros are. and not even the official mouse producer ones; it's AHK and the likes. and those should be acted upon. stop derailing the thread with stating "but you can hit better firerate with xyz" - tapfire macros are literally irrelevant.

will eac pickup macros?

hardware macros? probably never.

they also are mostly a non-issue - fire rate macros should be the least of your concern.

ofc, two identically skilled players in same situation... the macro user might have an edge, depending on the weapon since they could hit the more ideal firerate more consistently (ignoring that this is also (partially) depending on the range - a mouse couldn't adjust to the range dynamically, a player can (unless you have a key for each distance-range lmao))

but: "ceteris paribus" is total nonsense just to push an agenda here.

at high skill levels...

who relies on fire rate macros to get an edge probably is setting their priorities wrong and is not on a very high skill level otherwise and can be thus beaten... fire rate is easy to learn and master. only so much "training" required - whereas tactics, teamplay aren't too easy and require much more - and those are vastly more important.

i guess even then... those with exactly same firing intervals can detected more easily, those with slight random deviation from the ideal fire rate wouldn't gain anything over a normal player.

it wouldn't hurt to ban either, obviously, but it's probably way too hard to - safely - detect the former and even harder to detect the latter. without causing false-positives.

(the former are probably also not too easy to detect with polling rate and ingame input update frequency)

no recoil macros aren't a thing with random spray patterns... (they'd be an issue in csgo etc i guess - but even there - a game which is vastly more competitive and skill reliant no one is whining over those) so that's it for hardware macros.

but the bigger issues are software macros.

punkbuster didn't allow you to launch the game if you had ahk running, for a good reason:

you can make "cheap" triggerbots because of red crosshair. this stuff is only detectable with software macros (or some really advanced hardware that isn't getting used yet lmao)

this shit should be detected. and it's probably not too hard to detect - in opposition to hardware.

under pb ahk was only detected until you changed the name and whatnot of it - i had a bundled version for minimizing to tray and other things and wasn't kicked for it. when i created a music control bind script myself with an official version i was kicked. ideally an anticheat should detect both.

If someone is so bad at the game as to require a macro... I feel bad enough for them I almost say let em.

• Thanks 1