MattScott

May Blog is up including RIOT launch date & EAC

What about other kind of BR mode for waterfront wich is much more simple and i think players gonna like.Groups of 4 team deathmatch(with the option to see where are the rest of players)Only 1 life for each player.Everybody start with the loadout they have/choose.No special spawns-after countdown everybody start from wherever they are.No extra ammo boxes.Player cant resupply/change weapons from car spawners,ammo machines etc.Only 1nce player can use resupply box(5)and only 1nce can spawn hes car(cant use ammo in trunk either-disable)When everybody can see others locations no point of wall closing,areas with gas etc.Winner is the team/player who left in the end ofc.Rewards and other smaller things(time limit)can be figured out.So thats it:simple kinda BR in the spirit of APB..basically the team deathmatch mode from missions but for entire district and with some BR features.I think dat will work well and is gonna be cool

p.s. dont want to disrespect the hard work u put on riot i just suggest something to have in mind maybe in future

Edited by TheMessiah
  • Thanks 1

Really excited to see the new stuff in the JT store. I have been sitting on a pile of tickets for years now and I knew that one day they will be worth something. My gut was right.

RIOT in Beta. Wanna see what tweaks you guys made

JMB 22.....not really hyped. Its either gonna be useless or brokenly overpowered

Can we get a working Match Making/Threat System in the JMB 23? I'd buy tons of those. 

• Like 1

On 5/31/2019 at 5:20 PM, koIaman said:

Exciting news, can't wait for Wednesday. Might have to fail some of my finals... Whatever it takes.

In the same boat. Thank Lawd its just an animation class and a math project

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

old thread from a year ago asked for this gun so sorry you're wrong

Not like this. . .

. . . not like this. . .

All this is guna do is bring out more hacks as there are still plenty out there. Unless LO is going to step it up once EAC is launched its just going to be surpassed and were guna see all the hackers and closet hackers in droves in the new mode forcing any legit player out. Also @MattScott I hope you guys are prepared for a long month as these hackers are going to step up the DDOS attacks further to drive anybody away from playing. Given the fact that anytime an event happens to date theres freq attacks to ruin it your guna see this happen when this launches. Better have staffing at max.

Now aside from history there this wont work as its still the old engine so there will be problems.

So, with RIOT being released tomorrow, and it having serious issues on OTW, I'm wondering if all the major problems are fixed. We didn't get to test this beta version.

I'm afraid if it's still the RIOT we experienced on OTW, it'll fail. Especially on Jericho where it's going to be tough to fill a whole district to start a match.

I mean, even as a beta, it's the first impression of RIOT we get - the most important one. If it doesn't succed now, chances are high that it never will.

Guess we'll see tomorrow. Can't wait.

Edited by GhosT
typoö
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, GhosT said:

So, with RIOT being released tomorrow, and it having serious issues on OTW, I'm wondering if all the major problems are fixed. We didn't get to test this beta version.

I'm afraid if it's still the RIOT we experienced on OTW, it'll fail. Especially on Jericho where it's going to be tough to fill a whole district to start a match.

I mean, even as a beta, it's the first impression of RIOT we get - the most important one. If it doesn't succed now, chances are high that it never will.

Guess we'll see tomorrow. Can't wait.

It's inevitable TBH.

On 6/1/2019 at 4:30 AM, Kanashimi said:

A triggerbot can be finely tuned, also being an external program, which is hard to detect. Some options on said programs, can make a good player or "pro" player believably good on a stream or video. The russians are making a lot of triggerbots for this game.

On 6/1/2019 at 4:48 AM, Seedy said:

how do you know this?

According to the EAC, it is EU and US people who do the most cheating.

Brazil's APB server was shut down from 70% to 90% of them cheating.

There's news posts about this online somewhere.

25 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

Brazil's APB server was shut down from 70% to 90% of them cheating.

There's news posts about this online somewhere.

lol no, let's not spread stupid misinformation 

hoplon got shut down for the same reason as innova - because whatever company purchased the apb distribution rights wasnt making enough money off their version of apb

3 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

hoplon got shut down for the same reason as innova - because whatever company purchased the apb distribution rights wasnt making enough money off their version of apb

Not that I'm agreeing with him, but those two things are not mutually exclusive.

2 minutes ago, Kewlin said:

Not that I'm agreeing with him, but those two things are not mutually exclusive.

not at all

but a game that's allowing 70%-90% of cheaters either doesnt care and thus also doesnt care if their revenue is from said cheaters or not, or is so laughably incompetent that its unlikely (imo) that the high percentage of cheaters was the sole reason for a flop

when will the update launch? is there a time?

Merged.

Where are the  patch notes ;(

oh nevermind  found em

50 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

That's not misinformation when there's news articles.

quite a few people used to talk about those news articles as well.

32 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

ive yet to see any news articles

Hello Matt,

I really wonder how you will utilize the new anticheat. What will it's role be? help you investigate? if so, which crew will you have to monitor all the people reported? The thing with APB is we have 2 kinds of cheaters, the endless instant rerollers, and the ones keeping way too long in the game.

Manually investigating, if you have the manpower, would prevent the secondo ne, which definitely is a good thing, but it will not really much prevent the first one. A proper configured FF would be the only way to detect the rage rerolling hackers going on full mad settings.

On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 2:45 AM, VanilleKeks said:

So who's going to magically quit the game next patchday and return after a few weeks?

No one because according to high elitists golds  there aren't any cheaters, just bad silvers

On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 4:26 AM, CookiePuss said:

Do people really think Fortnite invented the Battle Royale game mode?

of course not, but let us not ignore the fact that Fortnite and it's success is responsible for all the other games now starting to copy it. Hardly many game gave any F about such a mode until it went superpopular again.  So it is in the end the attemp to copy fortnites way of success. I woudl love a lot more of a territory control gamestyle, but not even TF2 kept evolving on that mode.

• Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, LilyV3 said:

No one because according to high elitists golds  there aren't any cheaters, just bad silvers

if I have always been with the gold, how much patience we have to have with them!!

infinite

what a great truth !! And so let's hope that in today's day! how many today will not play? jaajaja cheating question...

Edited by SirVilla

1 hour ago, LilyV3 said:

there can be both...

11 minutes ago, WaIeed007 said:

i haven't gotten an update yet, isn't it 9 AM UTC already?

"Patch will start at 9 AM UTC and will last for 6 hours."

It started 1h45 ago.

Just now, itsRby said:

"Patch will start at 9 AM UTC and will last for 6 hours."

It started 1h45 ago.

and i still havent got an update? IS IT JUST ME?

3 minutes ago, WaIeed007 said:

and i still havent got an update? IS IT JUST ME?

What do you mean ?

Just now, itsRby said:

What do you mean ?

my game hasnt started updating...

6 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

Well quit teasing and post links to the articles. 

Or just stop spreading misinformation... Your call.