so it looks like orbit is implementing easy anti cheat and discontinuing battleye at some point in the (hopefully near) future

5f617e8d1b21933f5c15d37137ce1631.png

2c701dee4857c310c40cc929fc4f1688.png

[images taken from the unofficial APB Reloaded Community discord]

unknown.png

[image courtesy of @Ketog]

discuss i guess

Edited by Glaciers
yolo
  • Like 6

Feel free to let us know know in advance if you are one of the players who will coincidentally be going on vacation or something when this goes live.

bYuOpmk.gif

• Like 1

now that its out, please deploy EAC silently to catch the closets that havent read this thread and removed their cheats in time.

• Like 4

GOOD JOB TELLING EVERYONE GUYS

• Like 2

Propaganda

I'll believe it when i see it. 

Edited by MACKxBOLAN
/

oh no, they "leaked" that there's gonna be a new anticheat although that was already on the semi-official discord

that changes everything, every cheater will be prepared. they wouldn't see the updates or files otherwise...

yay so now all of our personal data can be given out!

• Like 1

No no no no ... I didn't agree with this. How can i dmca this picture

3 minutes ago, Ketog said:

No no no no ... I didn't agree with this. How can i dmca this picture

That's it pal

Public enemy number 1

Get more GMs in the districts to observe cheaters..

Until we're on UE4 and have full support for a third party anti-cheat none of them will help sadly.

The biggest issue in my experience is not that BE is lacking in solidity, but rather, Little Orbit's implementation of the anti-cheat is poor at best and awful at worst. Changing to EAC will not fix the fundamental issue which is that the development team has shown that they're inexperienced in actually implementing their anti-cheat solution, not that the anti-cheat solution itself is poor. @MattScott it is in my opinion that you contract an external security consultant to ensure your implementation of this is not poor like your BattlEye implementation was. We spoke about this in DMs, you know I'm always right at the door. 😉

27 minutes ago, swft said:

Until we're on UE4 and have full support for a third party anti-cheat none of them will help sadly.

I still don't understand how anyone truly believes that the engine is such a major part of anti-cheating capabilities. The "full-support" you speak of is nothing more than Little Orbit actually implementing their anti-cheat properly. The engine has nothing to do with it, whether it's aged or not. The Source Engine that runs Apex is 15 years old now and Apex is still able to keep up decently well.

EDIT: I drew a blank and used the wrong word, analyst was meant to be consultant. My bad. 60 hour weeks are bad for the brain.

Edited by Similarities

2 minutes ago, Similarities said:

We spoke about this in DMs, you know I'm always right at the door.

grindin' 24/7 i respect that

3 minutes ago, Similarities said:

security analyst

ok some nerd in a server room isnt a 'security analyst'

thats just a nerd

5 minutes ago, Similarities said:

The biggest issue in my experience is not that BE is lacking in solidity, but rather, Little Orbit's implementation of the anti-cheat is poor at best and awful at worst. Changing to EAC will not fix the fundamental issue which is that the development team has shown that they're inexperienced in actually implementing their anti-cheat solution, not that the anti-cheat solution itself is poor. @MattScott it is in my opinion that you contract an external security analyst to ensure your implementation of this is not poor like your BattlEye implementation was. We spoke about this in DMs, you know I'm always right at the door. 😉

I still don't understand how anyone truly believes that the engine is such a major part of anti-cheating capabilities. The "full-support" you speak of is nothing more than Little Orbit actually implementing their anti-cheat properly. The engine has nothing to do with it, whether it's aged or not. The Source Engine that runs Apex is 15 years old now and Apex is still able to keep up decently well.

u buy ur shit anyways so u got no idea on whats going on with anti cheat compatibility 

• Thanks 4

Just now, Alani said:

thats just a nerd

Well, for obvious reasons I have to be a bit quiet on how they did things, but the anti-cheat data was just entirely exposed to the user by some game functions. It was very easy to catch, and anyone with an eye for security and data security would've caught it and gone "Hold up. The client can easily capture our anti-cheat data."

Interesting, cool to know, finally EAC! ^^

18 hours ago, cheater said:

u buy ur shit anyways so u got no idea on whats going on with anti cheat compatibility 

I have no idea where you got this info that I'm paying for anything, but if you'd like to DM me proof of your claims, that'd be real cool.

EDIT: Also anti-cheat compatibility has nothing to do with what I'm talking about.

Merged.

18 hours ago, Alani said:

thats just a nerd

Also, I meant consultant, my brain drew a blank and I couldn't think of the word. You're right, but analyst also would've made sense here to an extent.

EDIT: Where's my merge?

Edited by Similarities

LMAO. Met a guy who had hacked legacy skin in DBD for months till he got banned. I doubt EAC will be any different in APB.