LilWonka

Time to change your Loot Box model LO.

40 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Interesting times ahead indeed. 

Inb4 AAA titles now cost $200. 

What was the take with the RIOT coins again?

29 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

What was the take with the RIOT coins again?

Riot tokens are for purchases in the Riot store. 

You can earn Riot tokens if you purchase the Riot pass. 

IMO LO should have changed it by now and moved on to other ways of revenue instead of scam boxes. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Willy Wonka said:

Look at it this way, if im 16 and walk in a store and buy a pack of cigs and they dont ID me and sell to me, who gets in trouble ?

You should. With 16 you know what is wrong and what is right.

Don't come with your burger laws because they have no sense.

8 hours ago, SillyBear said:

You should. With 16 you know what is wrong and what is right.

Don't come with your burger laws because they have no sense.

Rite so with your logic no one breaks the law, wish I could live on your planet.

On 5/29/2019 at 12:01 PM, Fortune Runner said:

only so many guns can currently be made for APB though so this can go real bad.

remember how g1 made n tecs with new skins?

people got really pissed about that.

Edit : just thought of something - I haven't seen new skins for currently made uniforms or cars  though. hmm.

It doesnt have to be just weapons, it can be anything. If this does pass they will have to branch out theres no way around it.

On 5/29/2019 at 12:01 PM, Fortune Runner said:

remember how g1 made n tecs with new skins?

cosmetic reskins are the way to go moving forward imo

apb already almost has too many guns and at this point its clear that we can barely balance the weapons we currently have, no sense in adding more 

14 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

apb already almost has too many guns and at this point its clear that we can barely balance the weapons we currently have, no sense in adding more 

Would love to see more vehicles and motorcycles with kits.

On 5/31/2019 at 10:17 AM, Darkzero3802 said:

It doesnt have to be just weapons, it can be anything. If this does pass they will have to branch out theres no way around it.

On 5/31/2019 at 10:24 AM, Glaciers said:

theres a thread i stared in the past suggesting new car kits  and new 4x4's

I was thinking of new content that could be done and some of it could be used for funding like the kits

Edited by Fortune Runner

Looks like the latest attempt to pass some type of legislation in the US on loot boxes has stopped dead in its tracks already: https://massivelyop.com/2019/05/31/lawful-neutral-why-josh-hawleys-senate-lockbox-regulation-bill-is-dead-on-arrival/

Unfortunate, but hopefully something a bit less open-ended shows up eventually. I mean I don't WANT the government involved with gaming. It'll get all kinds of messed up in some capacity or another. Problem is companies have abused gambling mechanics to the point where it may become necessary soon.

APB hasn't been anywhere near as bad as other companies of course. Shocking as that may seem given the sheer number of boxes. There's in-game methods to obtain them in theory. Plus you don't really need any of those guns. They get floored by the base offerings. Unlike other titles that offered straight upgrades through random chance in exchange for real money. Thing is they will get caught up in this mess when something does happen. No question about that. 

Such a mixed bag of weirdness. APB could definitely stand to have a different monetization scheme. I do not doubt that in the slightest. Thing is I don't know what else they have to generate anywhere near as much revenue. Making money off a small title is rough. Then again.. I hate loot boxes. Yet I also hate government involvement in these types of things. It always somehow ends up worse. Bleh...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Genobee said:

Looks like the latest attempt to pass some type of legislation in the US on loot boxes has stopped dead in its tracks already: https://massivelyop.com/2019/05/31/lawful-neutral-why-josh-hawleys-senate-lockbox-regulation-bill-is-dead-on-arrival/

Unfortunate, but hopefully something a bit less open-ended shows up eventually. I mean I don't WANT the government involved with gaming. It'll get all kinds of messed up in some capacity or another. Problem is companies have abused gambling mechanics to the point where it may become necessary soon.

APB hasn't been anywhere near as bad as other companies of course. Shocking as that may seem given the sheer number of boxes. There's in-game methods to obtain them in theory. Plus you don't really need any of those guns. They get floored by the base offerings. Unlike other titles that offered straight upgrades through random chance in exchange for real money. Thing is they will get caught up in this mess when something does happen. No question about that. 

Such a mixed bag of weirdness. APB could definitely stand to have a different monetization scheme. I do not doubt that in the slightest. Thing is I don't know what else they have to generate anywhere near as much revenue. Making money off a small title is rough. Then again.. I hate loot boxes. Yet I also hate government involvement in these types of things. It always somehow ends up worse. Bleh...

You are rite,  there is no easy solution for revenue for this title. They could try the path of exile route and price things for ridicuous amounts, but poe also has content. Untill they start bringing quality content there in a hard place.

The win rate/duplicate ratio is trash for jmbs. Looking at LO.

On 5/31/2019 at 6:59 AM, Willy Wonka said:

Rite so with your logic no one breaks the law, wish I could live on your planet.

Cuck.

Just now, SillyBear said:

Cuck.

Thanks for sharing.