BOPOHa

why can't I leave the mission? do you have to close the game and go again?

if the mission is unopposed type /abandonmission into the chat

if the mission is opposed the only way to leave is to quit the game, for (hopefully) obvious reasons

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

if the mission is unopposed type /abandonmission into the chat

if the mission is opposed the only way to leave is to quit the game, for (hopefully) obvious reasons

you didn't tell me anything new

2 minutes ago, BOPOHa said:

Well, you didn't tell us what mission is it, if there was opposition or not, etc.

4 minutes ago, BOPOHa said:

do i have to spell it out for you

if you could leave opposed missions easily no one would ever get to play again, people would just quit missions until they find opposition who they know they can beat - who in turn will quit on them

Edited by Glaciers
typo
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, BOPOHa said:

if you already know then why did you ask ??

the average apb player

Edited by swindIe
  • Like 2

Uplug the net cable and wait or kill someone and hope for being kicked. Spamming in private clan was the good way to do it but it is what it is now.

8 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

если ты уже знаешь то почему ты спросил ??

I didn't ask HOW. I asked WHY

Merged.

8 hours ago, Glaciers said:

do i have to spell it out for you

if you could leave opposed missions easily no one would ever get to play again, people would just quit missions until they find opposition who they know they can beat - who in turn will quit on them

shouldn't and shouldn't have. I'm still not doing anything on the mission, kill the leader, hoping that he had me kicknet or close the game and go again. if I can get out quickly, the team will find reinforcements faster

Merged.

1 hour ago, Clandestine said:

Uplug the net cable and wait or kill someone and hope for being kicked. Spamming in private clan was the good way to do it but it is what it is now.

a good way, but even better, playing with the enemy, throw the job through the console commands without leaving the area

Merged.

if I don't want to play with anyone, I won't. can't force me. I'll be a burden to the team. this rarely happens in my case, but it does happen. or again, make the mode for singles against players or the player.

Merged.

I don't want to depend on the team and blame them for losing. I want to rely only on myself

Considering you've asked for a single player mode in the suggestions forum because you've admitted you aren't a team player, and you're asking why abandoning opposed missions isn't a supported option in game, the question that's prominent is do you really think APB is the perfect choice of game for you? 

The answers to your question would be obvious to someone who is looking for a meaningful multiplayer experience. Whilst it's understandable that sometimes players get frustrated or wind up playing with really bad team mates, or worse... Someone who "isn't a team player", leading to them wanting desperately to quit the mission (I've been there!), enabling this knee jerk reaction isn't beneficial for the health of the game. 

Sadly, players still do what you are apparently considering. Quit by any means necessary. But I prefer that to the weak "I'll just go hide and afk until the end of the mission because my opponents are using an ATAC" types, that really messes the game up for their team. 

This is a team game primarily. It can feel harsh a lot of the time. If losing really hurts you enough to want to quit frequently and you've got no interest in playing as a team, it may not be the perfect game for you. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

36 minutes ago, Ydiss said:

Considering you've asked for a single player mode in the suggestions forum because you've admitted you aren't a team player, and you're asking why abandoning opposed missions isn't a supported option in game, the question that's prominent is do you really think APB is the perfect choice of game for you? 

The answers to your question would be obvious to someone who is looking for a meaningful multiplayer experience. Whilst it's understandable that sometimes players get frustrated or wind up playing with really bad team mates, or worse... Someone who "isn't a team player", leading to them wanting desperately to quit the mission (I've been there!), enabling this knee jerk reaction isn't beneficial for the health of the game. 

Sadly, players still do what you are apparently considering. Quit by any means necessary. But I prefer that to the weak "I'll just go hide and afk until the end of the mission because my opponents are using an ATAC" types, that really messes the game up for their team. 

This is a team game primarily. It can feel harsh a lot of the time. If losing really hurts you enough to want to quit frequently and you've got no interest in playing as a team, it may not be the perfect game for you. 

I like playing. I play in a team, but sometimes you want to leave the mission. although at heart a single player but to play in the team there's nothing left. if you want to solve this problem, the game should be not only a team, but also a single. various. if you want more online in the game. and everyone will play in the mode where they want, without interfering with each other. the perfect game would be the one I make myself. until then, I play what I like best. weak or strong. I don't care what you think. I will do as I see fit. I know better

Edited by BOPOHa

1 hour ago, BOPOHa said:

I didn't ask HOW. I asked WHY

In this case why and how are the same thing.

• Like 1

you might as well go ahead and suggest something like a ''surrender'' button. Something like... you know, no penalty aside from not making you earn any exp or cash (that way it also can't be abused to de-rank quickly or something), maybe a quick cooldown (1 minute?) to allow the opposition to get in another mission and, you know, not get you in the same situation again.

right now all you can do is qq altf4 so get suggesting already

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, _chain said:

you might as well go ahead and suggest something like a ''surrender'' button. Something like... you know, no penalty aside from not making you earn any exp or cash (that way it also can't be abused to de-rank quickly or something), maybe a quick cooldown (1 minute?) to allow the opposition to get in another mission and, you know, not get you in the same situation again.

right now all you can do is qq altf4 so get suggesting already

god... what are you talking about? my yours do not understand))) blah blah blah. write on the topic dreamer

1 hour ago, BOPOHa said:

I like playing. I play in a team, but sometimes you want to leave the mission. although at heart a single player but to play in the team there's nothing left. if you want to solve this problem, the game should be not only a team, but also a single. various. if you want more online in the game. and everyone will play in the mode where they want, without interfering with each other. the perfect game would be the one I make myself. until then, I play what I like best. weak or strong. I don't care what you think. I will do as I see fit. I know better

Ignoring your last couple lines (will be nice to have a discussion without agro here, let's see if it's possible), I understand that single player content is desirable for some and apb isn't supportive of that. Just bear in mind that it was never supposed to be so it's incredibly unlikely you'll get what you're asking for. 

I think the single player activities (criminal ram raiding, car theft, enforcer witnessing and repo) could be enhanced but only if it can be tied into multiplayer activities (and not be cheesed in empty districts, you really need to be careful and avoid attention). This can only come after the EU though (ie, when instances can be shared for match making so no need to select instances). 

I've thought about it and the best option I can think of is a "request replacement" option, like request backup but where your spot is given to someone else who maybe doesn't care about the reason you wanted to quit (they're given the option to take your place if they want). That would have minimal impact compared to just quiting or going afk. 

Again though, EU is a prerequisite for this. 

Edited by Ydiss

13 minutes ago, Ydiss said:

Ignoring your last couple lines (will be nice to have a discussion without agro here, let's see if it's possible), I understand that single player content is desirable for some and apb isn't supportive of that. Just bear in mind that it was never supposed to be so it's incredibly unlikely you'll get what you're asking for. 

I think the single player activities (criminal ram raiding, car theft, enforcer witnessing and repo) could be enhanced but only if it can be tied into multiplayer activities. This can only come after the EU. 

I've thought about it and the best option I can think of is a "request replacement" option, like request backup but where your spot is given to someone else who maybe doesn't care about the reason you wanted to quit. That would have minimal impact compared to just quiting or going afk. 

Again though, EU is a prerequisite for this. 

unlikely or not. It's all the same to me. just give me single player and do what you want.zl1F2UBxF-o.jpg

21 minutes ago, BOPOHa said:

zl1F2UBxF-o.jpg

There it is, thread closed. OP threw a troll face, which is an auto-win on any message board.

And if you keep on arguing, he'll start linking his 1000s of random GTA V screenshot uploads on imgur.

Edited by AsgerLund

1 hour ago, BOPOHa said:

god... what are you talking about? my yours do not understand))) blah blah blah. write on the topic dreamer

Learn english and how to play so you dont have to think about abandoning missions. 

1 hour ago, BOPOHa said:

just give me single player

no

learn to play properly

and please stop snorting cheese whiz

Edited by Fortune Runner

1 hour ago, BOPOHa said:

unlikely or not. It's all the same to me. just give me single player and do what you want.zl1F2UBxF-o.jpg

I'll buy you GTA V. Then we're all happy. 

the reason the game is set up this way, so you can not abandon a mission with opposition, is so people will not abandon game after game looking for easy opposition.

When we could abandon games, and there were a lot more cheaters, people would happily abandon games where they were getting wrecked... oh wait, that's not a down side.

13 hours ago, BOPOHa said:

You can't with enemies but Matt (the ceo) has gone on record talking about giving players in the future the Option to leave matches (with enemies) no announced time for that.

4 hours ago, BOPOHa said:

I don't care what you think. I will do as I see fit. I know better

That’s a fat trolling kind

5 hours ago, _chain said:

Learn english and how to play so you dont have to think about abandoning missions. 

learn Russian. learn to play... the typical answer is "professional" player 😁 which doesn't make you a professional player.