73 members have voted

1. 1. what is more important

• servers
    • gun balance
    • engine
    • new content

im just curious what people think

Edited by inbred

Why not all the above? (ps. That's my vote).

Edited by ɱɑƫƫʂϗᎧɨɨ™
  • Thanks 1

the engine upgrade will make both gun balance and new content easier 

servers would be nice but other than the ddosing i think most of us are used to the “normal” underperforming servers 

People still thinking Engine Upgrade is gonna save this game.

Fucking lul.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Fucking lul.

No amount of content, weapon balancing or good servers are going to when the game runs like arse unless you have a space shuttle. Without the engine, the matchmaking will remain broken and limited, adding new content will be slow and rare and the game will overall be unattractive to new players. You have to start somewhere and that is undeniably the engine upgrade.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

damnit i forgot to add matchmaking to list, whatever

49 minutes ago, Flaws said:

No amount of content, weapon balancing or good servers are going to when the game runs like arse unless you have a space shuttle. Without the engine, the matchmaking will remain broken and limited, adding new content will be slow and rare and the game will overall be unattractive to new players. You have to start somewhere and that is undeniably the engine upgrade.

New content is barely useful.

1 hour ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Fucking lul.

riot will save us™

38 minutes ago, SillyBear said:

New content is barely useful.

New content most likely bring back players who found the current game stale due to there being nothing else to do. People love the grind of games and the sense of achieving something. (whether or not it's worth it is a different discussion) Just because APB gets an upgraded engine does not mean that it will be enough to keep older players around for longer than a honeymoon period. 

With the update of the engine, if it even will happen, LO needs to focus on content. They type of content that made people come to play APB in the first place. Not some BR rip off. 

Edited by iRawwwN
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, iRawwwN said:

New content most likely bring back players who found the current game stale due to there being nothing else to do. People love the grind of games and the sense of achieving something. (whether or not it's worth it is a different discussion) Just because APB gets an upgraded engine does not mean that it will be enough to keep older players around for longer than a honeymoon period. 

With the update of the engine, if it even will happen, LO needs to focus on content. They type of content that made people come to play APB in the first place. Not some BR rip off. 

i dont even plan on trying riot

3 minutes ago, inbred said:

i dont even plan on trying riot

I played the open testing of it, can't say I'm too impressed. Like, cool another game mode to half the Jericho population. EU might be fine, maaaaybe. If I want to play a BR - I'll launch Apex or PUBG. 

9 minutes ago, iRawwwN said:

I played the open testing of it, can't say I'm too impressed. Like, cool another game mode to half the Jericho population. EU might be fine, maaaaybe. If I want to play a BR - I'll launch Apex or PUBG. 

exactly lol

fam

literally 4 days ago

and also not as low effort as this

Edited by neophobia

26 minutes ago, neophobia said:

fam

literally 4 days ago

i have 28 posts since 2016, im not a forum user like u. sorry forummaster

ill do better next time o' wise one @neophobia

2 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Fucking lul.

It wont.

but it can help build the proper foundation that can.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, neophobia said:

fam

literally 4 days ago

I thought you were calling my post low effort and I was about to be like "listen here you little sh**." Then I realized this was a different thread throwing up the same exact question I had, good call lol😂

4 hours ago, iRawwwN said:

Weird, the only thing i allways wanted is to play the game without problems (like cheaters, hitreg, lags, back to good graphics etc.) and have something to invest into... being won without paying for it, as vegas 4x4 that been promised to not be added to armas but then a middle finger to everyone who been 2 months to get it (and later with the joker tickets buffed just 1 month).

I think it was really simple to me... but some people just ask for "new content" (they dont fucking know what they want) and new content was added, breaking the game into pieces.

Opinions... opinions.

13 minutes ago, SillyBear said:

Weird, the only thing i allways wanted is to [...] have something to invest into

so you’re agreeing with him?

18 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

so you’re agreeing with him?

Probably at some extent. The first things that come into mind is trading... legendaries -as i said in other post about the buffed and coloured guns and an ape mocked me- could be a great way to spend time enjoying the game feeling you are doing something worthy.

In my point of view was end game, not more contacts, more shit like yellow mods and all that ruined the game labeled as "new content".

edit: anyways some legendaries designs are like trash made by someone with brain problems.

Edited by SillyBear

If this game has already had anything then it's new content. The biggest difference between the game now and the game I left in 2012 is content. New map, new weapons, clothing, mods (lots of them), new vehicles and contacts. And an additional 60 ranks to work through. The majority of the new content is consumable (progress through, obtain, complete) or divisive (new map is not a mission district, so divides the player base). 

The benefit of all that is it keeps some players around for a while longer and brings some players back. The obvious detriment is most of those players will blow through the content fast and then be bored again and new game modes don't really help after those players then leave. 

Content volume isn't a major issue. The value is. The quality of it. The missions that still remain from RTW days that heavily favour one side or the other. The highly restrictive spawn system that can severely ruin the experience when, in reality, it should be possible to code an intelligent system that dynamically validates a possible list from hundreds of potential points, not 50, the stale mission types/events and activities that haven't changed since the time I played, the threat segregation, the limit of 40 opponents to draw from at any time, a threat system that displays itself in a highly divisive and the most angst-inducing way possible... The list goes on.

A lot of that requires the EU first to be improved. The last thing the game needs now is additive content. That's pretty much all it's had for 7 years. That's not to say it doesn't need content changes; it does, a lot. What needs to change is the content most players engage in... Mission districts, missions, tasks and matches. 

New missions, fix the existing missions, new activities for both sides to do, new interesting mission stages. Allow us to match against the whole player population, match us better, remove visible threat once this works properly. Perhaps even some dynamic, District-wide events that add something new to divert everyone away from the same old things once or twice a session. More things for both criminals and enforcers to do with the off mission meta. Combine the off mission activities with the missions, starting with a criminal and an enforcer witnessing them and snow balling up into a multiplayer mission to protect/arrest the criminal that started it all. 

So much could be done with the meat and bones of the core game to enhance it for so many players, without adding more weapons or contacts to grind through, or new mods that just further imbalance the game or new colourful legendary weapons that, whilst pretty and oh so "MMORPG-must-have", do bugger all to draw in new players or bring back old ones and serve only to keep the already unfailingly-loyal players distracted for a week or so. 

EU is essential. First. Then a massive focus on making the mission districts really fun and balanced with new things to do and interesting, dynamic content to play through.

Edited by Ydiss
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, inbred said:

i have 28 posts since 2016, im not a forum user like u. sorry forummaster

ill do better next time o' wise one @neophobia

bJqmV1b.png

it's literally on frontpage - if you found how to create a new topic, you should've also seen this.

and you should always check if your thread is just gonna be a duplicate. through a quick search - that wouldn't even have been necessary, since *this is on the frontpage*

sorry lul

9 hours ago, NotTheEnforcer said:

I thought you were calling my post low effort and I was about to be like "listen here you little sh**." Then I realized this was a different thread throwing up the same exact question I had, good call lol😂

although i gotta say the title of that poll could've been better and it made the thread easy to miss :^)

rude btw

Edited by neophobia
  • Like 1

Alright.. i've choose Engine, just because i cannot choose more than 1 option.

My list is in order:

1. Servers > This is a thing Little Orbit is trying toupgrade and make more comfortable to play in, without having ddos or strage issues, since long time but especially this year;

2. Engine > Most exciting featured change APB will receive soon, not only because of it's "Advanced And New Graphic" but because of things to get implemented easier than now by the company itself;

3. Gun Balance & New Content > Last things but still very much important, like i said above in the Engine related paragraph after it will be released and improved over the time these 2  steps are going to be very much easier for Little Orbit.