Grelko

Server down

I'm starting a log page to see if we can figure out exactly when the server starts to bug out.

If anyone wants to post in here also, please put the time it happened and what timezone you are in.

10:00 Pm  EST

It was lagging for a few minutes before I got kicked back to the character selection. Now it says "alec masters initializing"

(broken nodes, someone said their horse disappeared)

10:15 Forum is lagging

Edited by Grelko
  • Thanks 1

12:10 Am EST  Lost connection, exited back to the desktop. Started lagging a few minutes before that.

Alec masters offline at 4:42 Am EST. The game was lagging for a good hour and a half before that.

5:06 Am  forum started lagging a bit about 10 minutes ago

Edited by Grelko

This is as accurate as I was able to get so far.

I went through each sections of the forum to look for specific times the server lagged or went down since the 17th. There's more, but it's hard to get an exact time because, someone could have posted way after it happened.

Edit - There's a definite pattern around that :42 mark and possibly between :10 and :20 also

Edit - (New) When the server goes down, after it comes back online Shacks, Cabins etc "temporary" things are gone.

---------------------------------------------------------

Friday 17th

1:42 Am EST   (fast travel etc)
2:42 Am
3:42 Am

11:20 Pm approximately

-------------------------

Saturday 18th

10:41 Am approx   "10:42?"

--------------------------

Thursday 23rd

5:15 Pm approx

10:00 Pm

Friday 24th

12:10 Am

Saturday 25th

8:45 Am approx  "8:42?"

Monday 27th

3:20 Am approx, server down at 4:42 Am

7:10 Am approx,  quest and garage

Edited by Grelko
  • Thanks 1

Time: 4:28 (Login Successful - Characters Loaded [7.24 second delay] - In Los Alamos 4:29)

LAG REPORTS|

----------------

Chat - Instant

Mail - Instant

FT - Rapid (Regular expected delay (1s)

Auction House - Delay of around 10 seconds more than typical for the auction received mail, 5s delay on purchase notification

Level 55s online (as of 4:36am PST) - 11

----------------

STATUS REPORT - END

Update ~ Daily Maintenance began (delayed start) 4:37am PST ~

Update ~ Daily Maintenance Ended (proper ending) 5:30am PST ~

Edited by Murcuri

Got 3 people saying that the game started lagging about 2 hours ago, so that would make it right around  8:00 Pm EST  (5 Pm pacific)

Currently 1:18 Am EST.  The server has basically been going from slight to heavy lag since it started back at 8 Pm

Heavy lag since right around 2:00 Am. Sometimes chat will take up to 5 minutes.

4:42 Am, server is still up but lag is still pretty bad.

4:55 got kicked back to the character selection screen. Login seems to work fine, but finished recipes don't want to complete.

5:06 back to character screen again, login was fine, then as i was typing this, the forum screen flashed and erased what I typed, like the page refreshed, but now the forum is laggy.

5:10 I did an in-game chat Timestamp "test", it finally showed up at 5:15 the forum isn't lagging anymore

5:18 relogged and got stuck at character screen. Got back in at 5:31, game is still very laggy. Noticed at least 5 hammers "resources abound" at Dieseltown

Edit - About the 5x "resources abound" in the same spot. Something seems to be overlapping an event, so that it loops over and over, possibly causing some of the lag.

6:12 relogged and stuck at character screen, but I'm done checking for now.

Edited by Grelko

39 minutes ago, Murcuri said:

Daily Maintenance is Over 5:34 AM EST

I think you meant to say 5:34 AM Pst, which would be 8:34 Am Est, since the daily maintenance usually starts around 7:30 Am est.

Edit - Everything is working fine again after daily maintenance (a few people said this).  Someone even said the graphics look more crisp than they did before maintenance.

Edited by Grelko

6:56 Pm EST, Apparently there hasn't been any lag ever since Daily maintenance. (confirmed by 2 people) Also, I don't notice any lag either.

11:18 Pm, lag when taking quest (you can turn them in though). Fast travel not working, garages, etc.

11:31 lag stopped

Approx 1:32 Am fast travel, missions, not working. My character randomly died while standing at a mission giver.

1:45 game lag stopped but the forum is lagging

2:58 lagging again (fast travel still works)

Everything seemed to work good after that, until the server came down for daily maintenance at 7:21 AM

Edited by Grelko
  • Like 1

Down for about 20mins now.  Lagging for some, but not for me, then kicked to select screen and boom.

Not doing the Alec Winters initializing screen.

Merged.

anddddd we are back online and ingame.  😄 

1 hour ago, Maximillian Singh said:

Down for about 20mins now.  Lagging for some, but not for me, then kicked to select screen and boom.

Not doing the Alec Winters initializing screen.

Thanks for the info. That would put it right around 3:55 Pm EST

This is interesting because, the one type of lag that affects fast travel etc, normally lasts about 15 minutes. So if people were having those problems for a little while before the server went down around 3:55, the lag "could" have started at 3:42 which matches up with the time in my other post.

Edited by Grelko

Yesterday , 5/30/19 i had again often misfuntions based on the login-server down. At least when i tried to relog no chars where there

to choose. It s awful that this happened ever when I did a special event or watned to do missions with someone in a team.

It was so awful, i would have quit the program if I would be new. What is this issue with the accounts?

worst it was on 12:00am and 1200pm west european time (so 5:00 am/pm i guess?).

Sometimes the game lags in a certain way, that affects the character screen, fast travel, garages and a few other things. So it might have been happening at that particular time you were trying to login and it didn't show any characters.

Also, as of 12:13 Am EST, (currently 12:58 Am) the login server seems to be offline. A couple people "myself included" aren't able to login to the game. It just shows "invalid account or password"

4:57 Am, the game is online again

Edited by Grelko

8:00AM PST - Severe Server Lag, no response time to team or character load screen, shortly after maintenance.

is it, again, down?

Im here posting, bu unable to connect... so...idk

nvm..  just worked again... maybe some weid shit at my end (living in spain wouldn't surprise me at all) 😛

Edited by Sooney

Off and on light to medium lag almost all night long. Mainly chat and looting items. Fast travel seemed a little slower. Daily maintenance started at 7:21 AM EST

People have been talking about lag issues most of the night. Around 4:30 Am EST, it started getting pretty bad. Chat is taking up to 20+ minutes, fast travel, crafting etc.

I cant even get in the game

I feel as if I have been removed.

I was kinda scared but this I think has happened to me once before and a gm had to fix it

Edited by CommanderDeacon

The game was lagging bad from 4:30 Am up until daily maintenance started at 7:21 Am EST

If the crafting window is lagging and you click "complete", every once in a while you will recieve 2x of the item. (A few people and myself have comfirmed this)

Also, (while it is lagging), if you click Complete, the item shows "finished", but sometimes it won't switch to "complete" or remove that item from the queue. This may be why you could recieve 2x of an item, since the game thinks that item is still in the queue.

In general, when the game is lagging very much strange things happen, if you try to move a stack of items, or sell a partial stack etc, sometimes it will completely disappear for a while.

My personal example of this would be - I have 76 frayed cotton. I sold 20 to the merchant to split the stack. The other 56 disappeared, but I was able to "buyback" the other 20. After about half an hour, the other 56 finally showed up in my inventory again.

Edited by Grelko

For the last few hours, garages haven't let anyone activate their mount/vehicles. Towing works ok though.

Approximately 1:12 Am EST, everything is starting to lag very much. At 1:26 Am, the lag is completely gone. Garages still aren't working properly.

Edited by Grelko

Approximately 1:20 Am EST i noticed a small "jump" while my character was running, about 10 minutes later the game started lagging quite a bit. "broken nodes etc"

1:51 Am, its slightly better, nodes are working again for now.

1:56 it started back up a little. 

Off and on, light to medium lag, as if something is either transferring data, or another program turned on and is using a lot of the power.

Approx 2:10 everything seems to be fine again

Edited by Grelko

light to medium?  seems like heavy lag to me. 10 minutes or more to FT or type in global, i am so close to uninstalling this game.

15 minutes ago, Eric Cloud said:

light to medium?  seems like heavy lag to me. 10 minutes or more to FT or type in global, i am so close to uninstalling this game.

I said light to medium, because theres been a couple days over the last 2 weeks, that certain times, chat would take 30-60 minutes  "if at all" to show up

Edited by Grelko

No idea what happened here.  I tried to use the fast travel and it didn't work, so I drove about 9/10 of the way to the location I wanted.

Then fast travel decided to teleport me to the location I chose and I got this message in my chat window.

Timestamps are AM and EST

vNFkrJo.png

After that, since I was at the other location, I had to run to the garage to get my vehicle back out, but it said I was still riding it. So, I used the "mount" option to get off it. Then I was able to tow and activate it.

Edited by Grelko