NotTheEnforcer

Simple Poll

RIOT: Yes or no?  

125 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Do you want RIOT?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. What would you want the main focus to be right now?

• Engine
    • Content (Guns, Vehicles, Clothing, etc)
    • In-Game Mechanics (Contacts, Balancing, etc)
    • Servers/Netcode/DDOS Prevention
    • Other (just comment)

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/31/19 at 03:29 AM

Just to present the general consensus here. It's been debated over and over again in comment chains, but lets just put it to a vote and call it good, alright?

That way we can focus on other useless things to argue about lol

Edited by NotTheEnforcer
  • Thanks 2

we cant choose multiple main focus options so i just picked "other"

apb needs the engine upgrade, then (providing the engine upgrade really makes development easier) apb needs a careful balance of new content and old balance/bug fixes

if it were up to me i'd have brought back anarchy/chaos districts instead of riot mode, its something that would be way easier than riot to get up and running on the current engine (just throw in some randomly spawning objectives so people actually use the whole map and enable role/contact progression) and once the engine upgrade is released theres way more potential gameplay depth than riot imo

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Glaciers said:

we cant choose multiple main focus options so i just picked "other"

apb needs the engine upgrade, then (providing the engine upgrade really makes development easier) apb needs a careful balance of new content and old balance/bug fixes

if it were up to me i'd have brought back anarchy/chaos districts instead of riot mode, its something that would be way easier than riot to get up and running on the current engine (just throw in some randomly spawning objectives so people actually use the whole map and enable role/contact progression) and once the engine upgrade is released theres way more potential gameplay depth than riot imo

Agreed. I'd consider the engine upgrade the highest priority by a large margin. Followed up by re-evaluating existing content and slowly expanding on what there is. 

Personally I'm right there with you even on the anarchy part. I feel utilizing older unfinished content would yield better, safer, more viable results than a half-BR mode. Of which are highly prone to failure. Especially when they are tacked onto or built from existing titles. Anarchy, fight club, the old district minigames, etc just make more sense to me. 

1 hour ago, NotTheEnforcer said:

lets just get at best 10% of the population to vote and call it good, alright?

Ftfy

I want RIOT.

I want RIOT with the new engine , and not before the new engine.

I want new content , like a bus or other transport to defend.

I want to go into tasty burger (tasty burger really exists in real life) to eat , and in game want to see a tasty burger mascot npc walking around.

but that's just me.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Nice job on the poll btw...  I can't even vote lmfao.

[image]

you have to choose a vote for each question

cmon man

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

you have to choose a vote for each question

cmon man

"IF NO"

c'mon man

4 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

"IF NO"

c'mon man

hoodwinked by the english language again, damn

Yes. Riot will be fun. 

The question is, for how long? Becouse its more like an event that will keep us busy for 1-2 weeks. So is it rly worth it? LO will get some experience for the future thx to this.

Dont worry, they are working on engine. The developement will not go magicaly faster if they stop working on Riot. And Iam all for a new content that may bring us something in the future.

Little O,

go go!

Edited by AxeTurboAgresor
  • Like 2

New content whether events that can be rotated in and out similar to how gta 5 does , or ones that come once a year like holiday events do , in the end is new content to make a fuller plate to enjoy.

Not everything at the table is for you.

Some of it is for someone else so don't throw it away just because you're a picky eater.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, AxeTurboAgresor said:

The developement will not go magicaly faster if they stop working on Riot

Don't quote me on this, (quote the kindergarten notes I read as a reference) but I'm pretty sure the number 4 is actually in fact greater than the number 2 

IF NO: What would you want the main focus to be right now?

I really think that it is pointless to add new stuff to the game untill EU is done (if ever)

• Like 1

For me is a Yes to RIOT, honestly.

I want to avoid any other comment about that strange "IF NO" 2nd question still required if you selected Yes.

I think the Engine Upgrade will be the first of this list, Little Orbit alredy doing so many works server side for DDOS, Migrations and others, so i think this ill get much better in time.

Content like CatInTuxedo said isn't needed before the EU.

9 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

I wish polls were banned like the old forums.

i wish you were banned like the old good colby days.

Flesh described it best

It's not a true BR mode so people who want that experience will not be drawn into it.

The community doesn't want to play it because its complicated and your screen is cluttered with all these icons. It will make new players really confused.

LO shot themselves in the foot TWICE with this idea.

I do however like the new Faction. It could be used for future events and game modes like...... DEATH RACE!!! 

10 minutes ago, QtePi said:

i wish you were banned like the old good colby days.

I don't think I got a forum ban until Jericho days to be honest. I'd have to check.

EDIT: Oh wait no. I got one forum ban in Colby days.

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit
  • Like 1

Yes and Content. I want more stuff to wear and maybe to drive in, throw a gun or two in there. EDIT: Hairstyles is where its at. Let's be honest, if it is done well RIOT will attract a crowd. The key aspect here will be communication from devs/publisher in order for the crowd to stay.

Edited by jerycho
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Nickolai said:

Flesh described it best

It's not a true BR mode so people who want that experience will not be drawn into it.

what part of riot isn’t a br mode?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nickolai said:

No two BR's are the same. RIOT is no different.

Would have thought that was obvious.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this